Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to make sure you know those were not my ideas, they were from some other site

ReputationRep:
    Harry really needs a pheonix. It would be SO cool. He could call it Sirius

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter and the Green Flamed Torch - still most likely -I doubt it, too similar to the 'Goblet of Fire' me thinks
    Harry Potter and the Secret of Crookshanks Unlikely- very childish sounding. Too childish, and I don't think Crookshanks will be the key to an entire book, with he others the Titles all play some major role in the plot, I don't think Crookshank's secrets will carry the same weight
    Harry Potter and the Forbidden Forest No, we know about the Forbidden Forest so it's nothing new if you get me. All the other titles have reflected the new storyline.
    Harry Potter and the Alchemist's Cell - #1 of 3 titles patented by Warner I don't think so. It's too similar in style to the 'Philospher's Stone'
    Harry Potter and the Pyramids of Furmat - #2 Possibly. The most likely of the ones shown, however I doubt JK has told anyone about her future plots and without the knowledge of the story it would be unlikely people could guess accuratly at future titles.

Harry Potter and the Chariots of Light - #3 Again, too similar to the 'Goblet of Fire'

OtherBook 6 rumors
    Harry is 16 and will play Quidditch for England No, I don't think he'd be able to in several ways. Firstly when would he play for them? He wouldn't be able to in the holidays and he couldn't leave school to do it. He also wouldn't have been able to practice for them. Where and how would they scout him? I think Dumbledore wouldn't allow him the distraction from school etc as well as the dangers involved in going elsewhere for matched etc.
    Lupin's brother Romulus makes an appearance, possibly as the DADA teacher Wasn't that Sirius' deatheater brother who was killed? Not Lupins.
    OR Professor Quirrel's brother could be DADA teacher Random new character we havn't heard of before? Unlikely.
    Dumbledore might be killed Yes very possible, though probably in book 7.
    Harry and Cho become an item I don't think so. She has left school now I think, and even if she hasn't, she was going out with someone else and Harry wasn't very keen on her at the end of the year.

The Green Flame refers to Harry Potter's eyes and his ability to burn evil Pah! Don't think it'll be a title anyway.
    Ron and Hermione finally date Very probably.
    One of the Weasley boys is killed Unfortunatly it may be so. Certainly there are many Weasleys and we'd be lucky to have them all alive at the end.
    Peter Pettigrew returns Yes, certainly he will be a part of the story, but not necesserally a huge part for the majority of the book, though doubtless there will be a big scene when he and Harry meet again.
    Draco Malfoy is expelled I doubt it. Dumbledore wouldn't expell him.
    Dumbledore will be revealed as Lily's father Highly highly (!) unlikely. Let's hope not ey!
    Source of Potter family's wealth will become clear Yes, that may well be interesting. Though who knows- maybe they just had a good interest rate
    Bill Weasley will have a significant role in the plot Certainly more so than previously, atleast I hope so.
    Aragog returns Possible
    Fleur Delacor becomes Hogwarts teacher I don't see that she'd make a particularly good teacher so I'm doubtful but you never know.
    Snape revealed to be a vampire I doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Harry really needs a pheonix. It would be SO cool. He could call it Sirius
    Hedwig might get jelous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Possible title is Harry Potter Book 6 is the hottest point of discussion:

Harry Potter and the Green Flamed Torch - still most likely
    Harry Potter and the Secret of Crookshanks no way :P
    Harry Potter and the Forbidden Forest
    Harry Potter and the Alchemist's Cell - #1 of 3 titles patented by Warner
    Harry Potter and the Pyramids of Furmat - #2 What's Furmat?

Harry Potter and the Chariots of Light - #3

OtherBook 6 rumors
    Harry is 16 and will play Quidditch for England
    Lupin's brother Romulus makes an appearance, possibly as the DADA teacher
    OR Professor Quirrel's brother could be DADA teacher
    Dumbledore might be killed Not in book 6, I'm sure. Maybe it's possible in book 7, but Harry would still need him.
    Harry and Cho become an item I don't think so. I think Harry got of sick of Cho.

The Green Flame refers to Harry Potter's eyes and his ability to burn evil
    Ron and Hermione finally date
    One of the Weasley boys is killed
    Peter Pettigrew returns Most likely
    Draco Malfoy is expelled If he does something really offensive, then probably.
    Dumbledore will be revealed as Lily's father Don't think so.
    Source of Potter family's wealth will become clear
    Bill Weasley will have a significant role in the plot
    Aragog returns
    Fleur Delacor becomes Hogwarts teacher
    Snape revealed to be a vampire Well, even though we've been thinking of this, I don't think Snape is a vampire

This is from another site, some seemed very farfetched,(harry playing quidditch for england) but some seem possible. It's weird how they ahve such odd titles, when nothing about the other books have been released.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Hedwig might get jelous.
    yeah poor Hedwig

holly crap your all so hard core on harry potter. i wish i had the time to read that stuff....i tried once i got half way through the prisoner of (azbacstan) SP but yeah what happened? ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    That's something, I suppose, but there are much better books available. Much better, even. One may say much, much better.
    I want to ask: Have you ever read the book? If not, then you're probably missing what we all see in the Harry Potter series.

We're not saying that Harry Potter is the bestest best book ever, although we may consider it as one of the best books written. We are also open to the fact that there are, in fact, better books than HP. But if you're sooo convinced with that, why don't you start your own thread about those books, just like someone started this thread? Maybe it would grow as big as this one.

ReputationRep:
    Just tried typing Furmat into Google, but all it comes up with are references to Harry Potter and the Pyramids of Furmat and fan fiction, or something called furmat rains (as in some sort of weather). The only other thing I can think of is there was a mathematician called Fermat, but I can't remember anything about him at the minute.

Just looked on google, and he came up with loads of theories on number theory and Fermat's last theorem was on of the great unsolved problems for centuries (although a proof was submitted and accepted in 1993), but I couldn't find anything that could be magical, I'm guessing these Pyramids of Furmat are something made up, and have no origin in legends or anything, but I could be wrong.

I really don't think we're gonna find anything else out this way. We need JKR to do another interview, how inconsiderate of her not to!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    I want to ask: Have you ever read the book? If not, then you're probably missing what we all see in the Harry Potter series.

We're not saying that Harry Potter is the bestest best book ever, although we may consider it as one of the best books written. We are also open to the fact that there are, in fact, better books than HP. But if you're sooo convinced with that, why don't you start your own thread about those books, just like someone started this thread? Maybe it would grow as big as this one.
    (Original post by kikas)
    Have you ever read harry potter's books?
    Yes, all five.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Yes, all five.
    Well, at least we now know that the books were good enough that you even took the time/patience to read all five. Like I said before, we're open to the fact that there are better books than HP. It's probably just more interesting to talk about because there are still 2 more books to come... so we can't help but guess what would happen next. I bet even you are wondering what would happen in Book 6. If you talk about some other books, let's say for example The Catcher in the Rye, which is in my opinion a very good book, I think all I can say about that is my favorite parts or how good the author wrote it or something.

Oh well, we're entitlted to our own opinions...

Now, back to HP. Who do you think will be the next DADA teacher?!?

ReputationRep:
    Back in the days of Dickens, people would wait on the docks for the new books to come in- it was mass hysteria- sound familiar?

People getting all excited and speculating over a episodic series is nothing new- the HP phenomena is similar to the popularity of Dickens and a hundred other authors who had the sense of suspense to write a story in slowly released sections- so if you dont understand why anyone could be so excited over HP, maybe you should read more- not just HP, but other works that tell you bits and pieces at a time- or even TV- how many people watch Law & Order? It never falls together until the last minute, and thats why they've been on the air over ten years-

anyway- back to the book at hand- I'm guessing the next DADA teacher will be a guy- we just had Umbridge, and I don't think she'd do another girl, unless its Tonks of course, but she has a job- one way she could REALLY throw us for a loop is to let Snape have it at last- horrible thought-

Harry Potter IS Lord Voldemort. Of course! He is his past self. Lord voldemort is desperate to Kill Harry because he remembers Harry (himself) killing himself(Lord Voldemort) in the 7th book.
    So Voldemort travels back in time to his childhood, plants some red herrings like him being Tom riddle or whatever (like that was so transparent, man) and tries to kill himself (Harry) so that he (Voldemort) wont be killed by himself later.
    Hes trying to change the past, (or the future from Harry's point) which is why he is so ineffectual in destroying the little brat... because you cant change what has been.
    Anyway Its sooooo obvious that Harry is going to be evil, he's already deviating to the darkness quite nicely. Not long till hes the OverLord of All Darkness, id say. Parseltongue? Slytherin? Inexplicable bond between the two? Its as clear as day they're one and the bloody same. I know this cos JK Rowling told me. I, er... babysit her kids, you see.

ReputationRep:
    i still don´t know why dumbledore won´t allow snape to be the DADA teacher. he really wants it but dumbledore keeps bringing other people to the job. i wonder why.....

Snape will get the DADA job eventually or else what is the point of mentioning that Snape has been trying to get the job for so long? It must be important, so Snape will either be the DADA teacher in book 6 or 7

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leroylina)
    i still don´t know why dumbledore won´t allow snape to be the DADA teacher. he really wants it but dumbledore keeps bringing other people to the job. i wonder why.....
    Maybe Dumbledore thinks that Snape would teach the subject to the students like Karkaroff did to the Durmstrang students, actual Dark Arts rather than defence, it'd certainly please Malfoy anyway. I think its one of the few options left open because noone wanted the job in book 5 so the ministry had to send in Umbridge, I can't imagine there would have been a sudden rush for the job in the meantime, whereas I think that it would be easier to fill the potions job, its also more likely that Harry would get onto the NEWT potions course if there was a different teacher, only thing is he'd be left with Snape for DADA, so any possiblities, so little information to guide us!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Maybe Dumbledore thinks that Snape would teach the subject to the students like Karkaroff did to the Durmstrang students, actual Dark Arts rather than defence, it'd certainly please Malfoy anyway. I think its one of the few options left open because noone wanted the job in book 5 so the ministry had to send in Umbridge, I can't imagine there would have been a sudden rush for the job in the meantime, whereas I think that it would be easier to fill the potions job, its also more likely that Harry would get onto the NEWT potions course if there was a different teacher, only thing is he'd be left with Snape for DADA, so any possiblities, so little information to guide us!
    I hope Snape doesn't get the DADA job. Just think how miserable the students would be, especially Harry and Neville. Neville is just now getting some confidence with DADA and it is Harry's favorite subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Maybe Dumbledore thinks that Snape would teach the subject to the students like Karkaroff did to the Durmstrang students, actual Dark Arts rather than defence,
    Maybe Dumbledore thinks that if Snape teaches DADA then He would get too close to the dark arts and could go back to his old ways..........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leroylina)
    Maybe Dumbledore thinks that if Snape teaches DADA then He would get too close to the dark arts and could go back to his old ways..........
    Yeah, I think it'll all come down to how much Dumbledore trust Snape. It be nice to see a teacher last longer than a year though, its really unsettling when you keep changing teachers, and there really isn't anyone else to take the job, I just think it'd be really interesting to see how Harry progresses with potions without Snape putting him off all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    he will wake up and it'll all be a dream.

love Katy ***

ps. harry potter is the most rediculas waste of money i have ever seen, talk bout christmas being comercialized- u "fans" are stoopid.
    "stoopid" nice spelling

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.