Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    How bout Moody as DADA teacher?

But maybe if Snape will become the DADA teacher, he will be able to tell the students what is stong and what is weak against Voldemort or something.

There must be an event that's about to happen which will turn Malfoy to the good side.

Yay! my 200th post!
    Isn't moody busy with the order?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleo812)
    Isn't moody busy with the order?
    yes, and he probably doesn´t want to return as a teacher because of what happened to him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leroylina)
    yes, and he probably doesn´t want to return as a teacher because of what happened to him.
    I know that I was trying to make a point but glad to know that I am not the only one thinking that thanks anyways

ReputationRep:
    I know that I was trying to make a point but glad to know that I am not the only one thinking that thanks anyways
    it would be cool for moody to be the next teacher though, i´d like to see him in action.

ReputationRep:
    it would be cool for moody to be the next teacher though, i´d like to see him in action.
    I think so but I think the best teacher Harry had was sirus too bad about him

ReputationRep:
    Ok, first I’d like to start by apologizing as this will more than likely be the longest post in this thread (at least that I’ve seen).. I just discovered it last night and have been trying to read all the way through first but I can’t NOT talk anymore.. None of my friends read HP so I don’t have anyone to talk about it to so here goes (try and ignore the randomness) *takes out notes* (yes I made notes, there was no other way I would remember all the stuff that I wanted to say)….

LUNA
    First of all ,does she annoy any of you as much as she annoys me? I can’t stand her. As for her being mentioned in book 4 as the girl who asked out Harry, I don’t know.. I don’t remember her description in book 5 so I wouldn’t know.. I know she was mentioned in book 4 (chap 6) in passing however, even if they didn’t say her name.. ‘They arrive on the spot and look for the Portkey. They meet with Amos Diggory and his son Cedric who already found the Portkey. Since the Lovegoods have been at the Cup for a week already and the Fawcetts couldn't get tickets, they won't have to wait for others.’ (not the exact wording) It seemed odd to me that JK had not mentioned her earlier as she does with almost all her characters, but I guess that could be considered her being “mentioned”.. *shrugs*

JAMES & LILY
    I’d give ANYTHING for a prequel, and I know I’m not the only one who is dying to know what happened before the first book. (like what they did for jobs *pulls out hair*!!!) There’s gotta be some twist that one or the other (if not both) were Death Eaters or something.. they can’t be PURELY good.. Maybe James was and was a spy for Dumbledore? And that was why Voldie wanted to kill him more than Lily? I can’t help but thinking the “Move aside silly little girl” comment Voldie made to Lily will have some importance later on in the series..

SNAPE
    I can’t see him turning evil because I think it would be waaay to predictable.. And there had to have been something between him and Lily goin’ on for him to hate James/Harry so much.. Maybe he liked her for they were going out and she left him for James or James knocked her up and that would explain why he hates Harry so much.. Probably not, but it’d sure as hell make things a bit more interesting instead of him just hating him for tormenting him in school (I guess that’s a good enough reason, but it’s no fun lol). And I do believe that Snape told Dumbledore that Voldie was after the Potters’ cause that would explain why he keeps saying he trusts him. And someone had mentioned about how Voldie may be mad at Snape for not killing Harry if he was a spy, but can’t only Voldie kill Harry? Wait, Voldie wouldn’t know about that, so nevermind lol Other random thoughts on Snape: maybe he saved Dumbledore’s life or maybe they’re related somehow (probably not, but just throwing it out there)

WEASLEYS
    At least one of ‘em has to die; there’s just too many of them to keep them all alive! I have a feeling that it MAY be one of the twins (no idea why). And also, I think if JK is gonna kill of Ron she’d be better off doing it in 6 instead of 7, cause everyone would be expecting it in 7 (at least I know I would). I also believe that “1st to rise from a table of 13” thing will come into play (Harry & Ron rose at the same time) because it happened Christmas day with Sirius.

Wow, ok, that in itself was way longer than I expected it to be so I’m gonna stop there.. There’s a ton more I wanna say but I’ll leave that for another time as to not make this post longer than it already is lol Again, sorry for the randomness and sorry if all these things have been talked about to death, but as I said, I never finished reading all the posts *goes back to reading page 41* ONLY 30 MORE PAGES TO GO!! *does a little dance*

ReputationRep:
    Welcome AngieKins to this thread I'm sure you'll find this thread as addicting as I found it.

Well, Luna doesn't really annoy me. But she is weird. Although we see that her weirdness seems to be be a bit helpful, though.

Snape... I'm sure that the reason why he hates James so much is not just the pranks. The Whomping Willow accident is not even James' fault, and in fact, he saved him, right? Maybe he's jealous of James: his friends, popularity, Lily, his family...

How did Moody end up in the trunk again? Can't exactly remember, but I can't believe that he fell for that trick when he's got that magical eye that's suspicious of everything.

I think that Wormtail will cause Lupin's downfall. Silverhand <--> werewolf...

ReputationRep:
    How did Moody end up in the trunk again? Can't exactly remember, but I can't believe that he fell for that trick when he's got that magical eye that's suspicious of everything.
    They went to his house in the middle of the night and attatcked him- there was a struggle which the neighbours heard and he was overcome. Evil-Crouch then jinxed the dustbins to move around so that when the magical people turned up that was what the noise had appeared to be.

...Or something like that

ReputationRep:
    I feel too bad for Luna for her to have annoyed me- she might be crazy but they pick on her so much-

As the nerd of the group who went to QuickQuills and read every JK interview one rainy couple of days, she once said we'll find out all about Lily in book 7, so I guess we'll have to stick that one out- she also said that everyone was in Gryffindor of the old group- except Snape of course- she even said Hagrid was there but I really thought he was in Hufflepuff- another interview she said how it suprised her that whenever she said a character was going to die, everyone begged her not to kill Ron, cause she wouldn't do that- she said if Ron died Harry wouldn't be able to go on, which I thought was a bit rough, but I'll take her word for it-

I dont think Draco will turn to Harry's side- I just htink he will rebel against his father and the deatheaters- being against Voldie doesn't make you Harry's best friend- look at Snape- and Umbridge- and Neville's grandmother....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    I feel too bad for Luna for her to have annoyed me- she might be crazy but they pick on her so much-

As the nerd of the group who went to QuickQuills and read every JK interview one rainy couple of days, she once said we'll find out all about Lily in book 7, so I guess we'll have to stick that one out- she also said that everyone was in Gryffindor of the old group- except Snape of course- she even said Hagrid was there but I really thought he was in Hufflepuff- another interview she said how it suprised her that whenever she said a character was going to die, everyone begged her not to kill Ron, cause she wouldn't do that- she said if Ron died Harry wouldn't be able to go on, which I thought was a bit rough, but I'll take her word for it-

I dont think Draco will turn to Harry's side- I just htink he will rebel against his father and the deatheaters- being against Voldie doesn't make you Harry's best friend- look at Snape- and Umbridge- and Neville's grandmother....
    Well yeah, didn't think of that too. But just in case it happens, what could possibly be a reason for Draco to turn against Voldemort? The same reason Snape turned away from Voldie, which of course we do not know yet... Maybe Narcissa will get killed.

ReputationRep:
    He did defend her when someone (was it Ron?) said "your mother looks like she just smelled dung" - hmm- maybe he likes his mother more- she can't reveal EVERYTHING in book7, some of it has to be in book 6- which info do you think she'll let go? Snape? Lily? more on James? more on Dumbledore?

ReputationRep:
    i think more on Snape

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    He did defend her when someone (was it Ron?) said "your mother looks like she just smelled dung" - hmm- maybe he likes his mother more- she can't reveal EVERYTHING in book7, some of it has to be in book 6- which info do you think she'll let go? Snape? Lily? more on James? more on Dumbledore?
    Probably Snape, you know... to add some things after the Penseive revelations.

ReputationRep:
    I kind of like Luna, she´s really weird but I think she´s a funny character that could be useful in the future, Harry could become friends with her.

About James and Lily, I´d love a prequel too, specially because I love Sirius and also there´s a lot of mistery involving their pasts and the whole Petunia-Lily relationship.

Snape is another great character, I never liked him that much but I´m starting to appreciate him for being a spy and working for the order.

I think Percy is going to get killed, he´s probably not going to ask for forgiveness very soon, but at the end he´ll redeem himself and get killed while saving someone else´s life.

ReputationRep:
    I kind of like Luna, she´s really weird but I think she´s a funny character that could be useful in the future, Harry could become friends with her.

About James and Lily, I´d love a prequel too, specially because I love Sirius and also there´s a lot of mistery involving their pasts and the whole Petunia-Lily relationship.

Snape is another great character, I never liked him that much but I´m starting to appreciate him for being a spy and working for the order.

I think Percy is going to get killed, he´s probably not going to ask for forgiveness very soon, but at the end he´ll redeem himself and get killed while saving someone else´s life.
    Percy is as stubborn as the Minister of Magic... who's that? Oh yeah, Fudge. He'll probably end up saving one of the Weasleys. Poor Mrs. Weasley, though... her fear coming to life if that's gonna happen.

ReputationRep:
    Percy is as stubborn as the Minister of Magic... who's that? Oh yeah, Fudge. He'll probably end up saving one of the Weasleys. Poor Mrs. Weasley, though... her fear coming to life if that's gonna happen.
    Percy is sooo stubborn but he might decide that he can help the order without damaging his precious career, who knows? But in a way I hope that he is the weasley to get killed and there will be one because jk fixates on Mrs. Weasley's fear of some one she loves dying, at least that is my thoughts

ReputationRep:

I think that the addition of Luna's nutty character to mix is great. She in some will help Harry, Ron or the Order for the final fight at least I think so.
    PREQUEL, PREQUEL, PREQUEL. Is there anyone out there that doesn't want more on the beginning of voldies demented plight?

Still I think Snape is good for the book we need him somehow for the lesser of 2 evils yet I still think he is very evil

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Angie kins I love this thread myself I just found it yesterday and am already addicted. It helps take the edge off of waiting for the next book. Also great ideas can't wait to hear more form you

ReputationRep:
    PREQUEL, PREQUEL, PREQUEL. Is there anyone out there that doesn't want more on the beginning of voldies demented plight?
    Yes but hopefully there'll be more on that in the next two books.

ReputationRep:
    I hope she doesn't let out tooo much of the beginning of Voldie in the next two books- I say we petition for prequels

I think if a Weasley does, you're right, it will be Perce- but my second guess would be Charlie- we never hear too much about him, so he's next most expendable- but if it IS Percy, I think he'll die saving Ron, his favorite brother- then Harry will forgive him and the Weasley's will forgive him and everything will be happy again... oh wait- Vold- hmm-

if Albus Dumbledore is the most powerful wizard ever, why doesn't HE teach Harry some of his tricks- even as a wizard he can't have much longer, and wouldn't it be better if he trained a little army of his own?

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.