Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    I hope she doesn't let out tooo much of the beginning of Voldie in the next two books- I say we petition for prequels

YES PREQUEL

I think if a Weasley does, you're right, it will be Perce- but my second guess would be Charlie- we never hear too much about him, so he's next most expendable- but if it IS Percy, I think he'll die saving Ron, his favorite brother- then Harry will forgive him and the Weasley's will forgive him and everything will be happy again... oh wait- Vold- hmm-

I Do hope its Percy but your right it could be Charlie I guess HMMM

if Albus Dumbledore is the most powerful wizard ever, why doesn't HE teach Harry some of his tricks- even as a wizard he can't have much longer, and wouldn't it be better if he trained a little army of his own?
    Well last book he couldn't because Voldemorte was kind of mind controling Harry right? So maybe because of the link Harry has with voldie Dumbldore worries still that Harry is inadvertantly giving voldie secrets but I think soon Dumbledore is going to have be more of a teacher to all the group of kids if he believes they are ever to win against voldie.
    Also I think there should be a book 8 maybe that can be when Harry kills voldie for sure, he can be a full time member of the order. and Harry will be a oohhh, you know do what Moody does. I'm having a brain fart LOL

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, i was just thinking. I thought i heard that something big was going to be reveled about lily in book 5, but the biggest thing we learned
    (and only really) was that her last name was Evans. Since it didn't seem to matter too much (save mark evans) then i think it will paly a big role in the next books. haha i was just reading the part about when fred and harry beat up malfoy. Ahhhh priceless

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I can't believe my (lack of a) life.. I actually read every single post in this thread (minus some of the anti-HP fighting) in under 48hrs.. Anyways, more random ideas..

As for Snape being a vampire, maybe. Honestly, who knows. It’s a lot more reasonable a guess than some. But I'm not sure I can see it happening. I think JK is known for her foreshadowing and the fact Harry had talked about him being a bat and flying out of the place could very well be the link to it being true as we all know she chooses her words carefully and rarely puts thing in for no reason. And I also have a feeling there is a link between that and the fact that Dumbledore had made Snape potions professor instead of DADA but I can’t put my finger on it. As to how he can be out in the sun and not die (?).. maybe a potion? There seems to be potions for everything, doesn’t there? Maybe Dumbledore knew what he was (as he did with Lupin) and therefor gave him a “test run” as potion teacher to see if he was trustworthy and give him a chance to prove himself before possibly giving him the DADA job. We know Dumbledore is very understanding and seems to give everyone more than their fair share of chances so it’s not like it’d be totally impossible. But again, I'm very skeptical about that one.. I really like the P. Evans thing though.. seriously, some people have way too much time on their hands to figure things like this out lmfao. But as was said before, if only 2 people have guessed the ending then it would have to be something as outrageous as that, wouldn't it?

And there was something else that was bugging me.. I remember reading somewhere (I actually think it was in an online glossary and not in one of the books, so that's what makes me think it may not be true) that Petunia was non-magical BY CHOICE. Anyone else read this? I know it's a bit far fetched, but it's not like we have anything to prove it wrong. Hmmmm...

All I know is both Snape & Petunia are gonna play a large role in the up-coming books.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngieKins)
    Wow, I can't believe my (lack of a) life.. I actually read every single post in this thread (minus some of the anti-HP fighting) in under 48hrs.. Anyways, more random ideas..
    seriously, some people have way too much time on their hands to figure things like this out lmfao. .
    like you?

And there was something else that was bugging me.. I remember reading somewhere (I actually think it was in an online glossary and not in one of the books, so that's what makes me think it may not be true) that Petunia was non-magical BY CHOICE. Anyone else read this? I know it's a bit far fetched, but it's not like we have anything to prove it wrong. Hmmmm...

All I know is both Snape & Petunia are gonna play a large role in the up-coming books.
    i don´t know but it would be cool to be magical, isn´t that like every kids dream? i dont think petunia would give up on magic, and we haven´t heard anything about that, nobody in the story has ever chosen to be a muggle, but it´s an idea, who knows?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I do have way too much time on my hands but I'm not bright enough to come up with all these brilliant (or somewhat feasible ideas).

And, as I said, I doubt the Petunia thing is true, but it just struck me as odd that the site would have said it when there was no evidence to back it up when all their other explinations were right on. I'm trying to find the site again, hold on.. *runs off*

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I do have way too much time on my hands but I'm not bright enough to come up with all these brilliant (or somewhat feasible ideas).

And, as I said, I doubt the Petunia thing is true, but it just struck me as odd that the site would have said it when there was no evidence to back it up when all their other explinations were right on. I'm trying to find the site again, hold on.. *runs off*
    I know what you mean about reading all of the posts. I joined on page 88 and read pages 1-87 in less than 24 hours. I am lucky that my job is not more demanding or I would still be playing catch-up.

I still think Petunia is either a squib or chose to be non-magical. Maybe she feel "in love" with Vernon (YUK!!!) and didn't want him to know. I still say her house is way to clean for a regular Muggle. But then why wouldn't Dudley be a wizard or did the wizarding world just get luck and he was born non-magical?

I still don't think Snape could be a vampire. If he was wouldn't he have been a little more understanding of Lupin? And if Dumbledore was giving him a chance to prove himself with the potions position why has he made him stay in that position for 14 years. He is making Snape prove himself for an awful long time if that is the case.

I saw earlier the thought about Malfoy changing sides. I think that Ron is going to Malfoy's life and then Malfoy is going to owe Ron a life debt, just like wormtail does Harry. Also, I saw on Mugglenet someone thinks that maybe in OoTP Fudge was replaced by Wormtail and that is why he let so much stuff slip by. I really find that hard to believe, but it would explain where Wormtail was and why Voldie's deatheaters could get into the Ministry of Magic so easily.

Sorry this was so long. I didn't have a chance to reply today at work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleo812)
    I think that the addition of Luna's nutty character to mix is great. She in some will help Harry, Ron or the Order for the final fight at least I think so.
    PREQUEL, PREQUEL, PREQUEL. Is there anyone out there that doesn't want more on the beginning of voldies demented plight?

Still I think Snape is good for the book we need him somehow for the lesser of 2 evils yet I still think he is very evil
    yes! a prequel would be great. also i want a sequel (i think that's it, u know the thing that is after book7) telling about what everyone does for the rest of their lives if they survive. jk said she put that in at the end of book 7.

oooo u know how for book 5 jk released like 2 paragraphs from the book before it went on sale? well i really hope she releases some paragraphs from book 6 soon!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, my new schoolwork hasn't come yet so that is one of the main reasons I had so much free time on my hands (I read for a couple hours Mon, all days Tues, then finished off today (Wed)). Anyways, back to HP...

I believe that Petunia has SOME magic in her, but to what degree, I do not know. I always found of hatred of magic fishy for some reason. As for Dudley not being a wizard, ark, who knows. (Let's just be thankful he isn't.. Can we all say "Lord Voldie, Jr."?? lol Evil, evil boy.)

Snape being a vampire: I, myself, don't think so, but it is one of the few theories that has at least a tiny bit of backing behind it. I find the P.Evans one more to my liking however, but I think (as someone said in another forum) that we are looking so hard for clues in the books that we've become overly paranoid.

Draco: Since the very first book I never believed Draco to be pure evil. There was always something about him (though I could never put my finger on it) that made me think we would/could turn (at least somewhat) good in the end. Maybe Voldie kills his daddy (possibly mother?) and Draco tries to take revenge but dies because only Harry can kill Voldie? (Not how I would like it to play out, but it's a possibility.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic101)
    yes! a prequel would be great. also i want a sequel (i think that's it, u know the thing that is after book7) telling about what everyone does for the rest of their lives if they survive. jk said she put that in at the end of book 7.

oooo u know how for book 5 jk released like 2 paragraphs from the book before it went on sale? well i really hope she releases some paragraphs from book 6 soon!!
    Do we have any indication of when 6 is coming out? I know it won't be soon as she only started writing it not too long ago, I just pray that we don't have to wait 3 years (wasn't 4 out in 2000 and 5 out in 2003?) for 6!! I may have to kill myself. I've been lucky so far that I've never had to wait for any books. I was a slow started and only started reading them shortly after 5 came out (my friend tried to convince me back in 1999/2000 to read them when she was, but I said I wouldn't like them and thought they looked stupid *hangs head in shame*). Someone said something about Nov '04 (could be?) but isn't that the date of the PoA movie? (I heard it was pushed back from summer to Nov, anyone else heard this?)

ReputationRep:
    Hmm.

Harry Potter... doesn't appeal to me one iota.

Does that make me weird? Well, that and a plethora of other things I suppose.

I'm quite proud of the fact I've only ever read half of the first book and haven't seen any of the movies.

LOTR or Discworld is far superior in the mythical/fantasy genre, IMHO.

La la la... *waits for the backlash*.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcoverst)
    I still think Petunia is either a squib or chose to be non-magical. Maybe she feel "in love" with Vernon (YUK!!!) and didn't want him to know. I still say her house is way to clean for a regular Muggle. But then why wouldn't Dudley be a wizard or did the wizarding world just get luck and he was born non-magical?
    Petunia can't be a squib. it says in one of the books (cant remember which one it was, maybe book 2...hmmm...) anyways it says that a squib is someone who has magical parents/family but is nonmagical themselves. it said that peeves was a squib, that's why he had the quikspell course in his desk. so Petunia can't be a squib because she had muggle parents as we know because Lily was a mudblood.
    She might have chosen to be non-magical but i dont think so because in book 1 she said her parents were so proud when Lily got her letter from Hogwarts. so wouldn't Petunia want her parents to be proud of her and decide to go to Hogwarts too? i just dont think that she chose to be non-magical.

ReputationRep:
    Hey i was just wondering. when u first go into uk-learning and all the threads pop up...well next to this thread there is a picture of an envelope that is closed and has a black circle in the middle of it. also there is a picture of an x in a yellow circle.

what do all these mean???? anybody know??

im just curious. hehehe curious ol' me!

ReputationRep:
    I believe you meant that FILCH had the book on his desk, but we are all allowed typos once and a while right? lol

One possibility about something minor from book 2 playing a major role later one.. the Room of Requirement? Wasn't in book 2 that Dumbledore said he had once found a room full of chamberpots after pacing around while needing the bathroom and that he never found it again? It would make sense. Pacing = passing it 3 times while thinking of what you need. Opinions anyone? (Or anyone who can confirm this as I do not have the book handy *tries to find out online*)

ReputationRep:
    Hey i was just wondering. when u first go into uk-learning and all the threads pop up...well next to this thread there is a picture of an envelope that is closed and has a black circle in the middle of it. also there is a picture of an x in a yellow circle.

what do all these mean???? anybody know??

im just curious. hehehe curious ol' me!
    Well, that sort of image on the 1st page of the home is only on this thread and the members pictures page, which are the longest threads so maybe that has something to do with it.
    I still think that there have already been 2 squibs in the book; filch and Figg. I reckon that there is more to come from filch (he's trying to learn magic from that book or something). The idea has been used enough already.
    Maybe petunia was older than Lily, and when Lily received a Hogwarts letter when Petunia had previously not, she was jealous. Maybe Petunia knows about the wizarding world from visits from JAmes or something. Do you guys reckon that Petunia could have fancied james, therefore making her more jealous of her sister? I wonder if James had any other siblings, or Lily any others besides Petunia.

ReputationRep:
    Whoops. I believe (still could be wrong) that that was mentioned in the 1st book. But I read elsewhere that JK said you could figure out the entire series by what is said in the first book. Hmmm...

Also, on another note.. someone said earlier about this being the longest HP thread or something, there is a HP thread ( http://boards.harrypotter.warnerbros...546&board=Book ) that is nearly 50,000 posts long.. All I have to say is WOW!!

ReputationRep:
    I believe you meant that FILCH had the book on his desk, but we are all allowed typos once and a while right? lol
    opps my bad. i dont know why i was thinking it was Peeves. DUH! silly me!

ReputationRep:
    Haha, it's ok. I think we all understood what you meant.

Anyways, does anyone remember when that RoR thing came up with Dumbledore? I'm all curious now....

ReputationRep:
    Haha, it's ok. I think we all understood what you meant.

Anyways, does anyone remember when that RoR thing came up with Dumbledore? I'm all curious now....
    what is the RoR??? im confused. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    what is the RoR??? im confused. :confused:
    A question I too meant to ask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    A question I too meant to ask.
    i mean i cant even think what RoR could stand for. hmm...this is a tough one...hmmm. now i really want to know.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.