The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Unregistered
Also somthing that none of u have mentioned, harry was the one who took it off the shelf ( the prophecy) so..... it obviously was his prophecy, duh! lol

Well if you read back you will see that someone did mention that. -DUH
Evan D.,
It was my post that you read on page one. There's been considerable dissent around here about my idea. You can read all the rest of the posts and find that out. I'm not so sure about something posted ny Lavender, however. Does the prophecy actually say that he'd be marked "from their first meeting"? I don't think so, but I don't have the book. You'd better check on that - and by the way, I don't think Neville ever met with Vold. You can check, but I don't think so. Even in the ministries of magic building, i don't think they ever actually met or faced each other - which makes me wonder. Most people, of course, believe that the locked room will figure prominently in the next few books. I agree. But, what about the locked room? Harry can't open it. He tried. It's true - HArry's mother saved him from Vold. But, it's also true that Neville loves his parents very much, and they love him very much as well. NEville is capable of a lot of love - and, if you want to know what I think, well, here goes.

Some battle will ensue, and Harry's friends will watch or see Harry be either injured or killed by Voldemort. Neville will get seriously p.o.'d, and without realizing it, he will attack vold. - because of his love for harry. Because he has a ton of what is in that locked room. Will Harry live? I don't know. Neville is great at herbology, too . . . Just maybe, harry will eek out alive. AND, what's more, the mark doesn't mean scar. Folks, it very well may be the case that no one has even been marked yet, according to the prophecy. The prophecy doesn't say when the person will be marked. MAybe vold. will kill Neville's parents yet, in effect marking neville as his equal - Vold. killed his own parents, too. I don't really know - I just know that there's no reason to insert that bit about neville being born at the same time without it coming around again to mean something.

NOW - the prophecy. who goes insane? someone with the book actually look at it, and tell me who goes crazy. Is it the person who touches it if it doesn't belong to him, or is it the person who listens to it if it doesn't belong to him? Remember, harry didn't hear the prophecy, AND Neville was responsible for breaking it. Could be that Neville heard it - neither harry nor neville are crazy, mind you. hmmmm. . . JKR puts all these wheels in place to be important later.

SO, sorry about the length, but I don't get to post very often. Bottom line? Harry will get his wish and not be famous anymore, and NEville will, for the first time, be famous.

PR
Evan, what exactly are HArry's powers that the Dark Lord knos not? Vold. was there when his mother saved him. He knows exactly what powers Harry has. NOBODY, (including many, many, many people here) thinks that Neville has powers. Well? If he had them, and we know he became VERY talented under Harry's tutoring in dubledore's army, no one would suspect it - including the Dark Lord.

I think I have a very good idea about how neville will defeat Voldemort, by the way. We know the room that's locked will be key, no pun intended. Also, we know that HArry can't open it. We also know that the room is full of love. We also know that dumbledore told Vold. that there are worse thingsthan dying. This is a clue. We also know that Neville and Vold. haven't met yet - their "first meeting" hasn't occurred yet. When you put it together, what it means is that the following scenario is possible: NEville will open the locked door, and lock Voldemort in it. BC he's so evil, and hates love SO MUCH, can you imagine a worse fate than living eternaly in a room so filled with love?!! It would be the ULTIMATE punishment.

PR
Reply 283
I know this post will sound very crazy, but please at least read it. (This is from book 3)

I am almost certain that crookshanks is, in fact James Potter. I know this sounds crazy but i have the evidence:

1: In the pet shop, he jumped on Ron's head. Did he see harry?
2: Also in the pet shop, when he jumped on Ron, he was holding scabbers (Peter).
3: He is seen walking with Sirius across the grounds.
4: Everytime he sees scabbers (Peter) he tries to attack him. Hermione covers this up saying it's what any cat would do.
5: Peter fakes his death to get away from crookshanks (james n my opinion)
6: Crookshanks (james) helps sirius into Gryffindor, when he tried to kill peter
7:When Sirius drags Ron into the willow, crookshanks (james) 1: suddenly comes to harry and hermoine, 2: presses the knot on the willow like he knew what he was doing (james would have known) and 3: goes with them inside
8: during the fight in the willow, when harry is attcking sirius, crookshanks (james) jumps and grabs onto to HARRY, as though trying to stop him.
9: After Harry knocks sirius down, and Harry was thinking about killing him ( i dont know how, even in book 5 he can't do the unforgivable curses) crookshanks (james) sits on sirius and Harry thinks "so what if i have to kill this cat to get revenge for my parents" Odd how he thinks about his parents while looknig at crookshanks (james) huh? I think crookshanks (James) was trying to stop harry from doing the wrong thing (killing james's best friend)
10: Crookshanks (james) leads the way out of the willow, as though trying to make sure he is caught

Now, i am really not sure how this is possible. We know James is dead, but maybe animagi can still transform after they are dead? Or maybe james used very complicated magic. You would have thought if this was true, sirius would have told harry. But i think james cannot tell anybody about it, because then voldemort would want revenge, because harry escaped him so much. This is just an idea, but i hope some of you find it some what convincing. So if you agree with me, The Marauder's were together again that night. Peter as scabbers, James as crookshanks and Sirius and Remus (Lupin) as themselves. Any one agree with me?
Reply 284
Xenon, I am sure i can't be the first one to mention sirius's death, and plus people would not have respnoded to your very first post becuase they would not know what you were talking about, if they had not finished the book. I think it's pretty safe to say, almost everyone on this site finished the book.
good idea! But, I disagree. just don't see it. we know james is dead - he came out of the wand. also, sirius would have recognized him - and even he wouldn't have kept harry from his father. also, if this were true, then crookshanks would have figured more prominently in the stories - he would have tried to protect harry in the situations harry found himself. instead, we don't see a single instance in which harry is protected by crookshanks. None of the ideas you mention can't be explained by simply saying that crookshanks felt an affinity with sirius bc he could change into a dog and talk to crookshanks and the fact that pettigrew was hiding as a rat and crookshanks didn't like it. Besides, the "pet turned animagis" (sp?) has already been done. JKR would have been mch more original than to have done it twice. she's always got new and creative ideas. She has no need to recycle them. Anyway, you may be right, but I don't think so. Fun, though.

PR
Reply 286
Some of us have heard the rumor that a small part of the second book will have something to do witht he next books. Any one have any ideas? I started to re-read the book for like the 5th time, and my best guess is the book percy was reading about "Prefects Who Gained Power". Ron even said Percy wanted to become minister of magic. Maybe he really DOES become minister..... I am only on page 93 though
My predictions for wot will happen in the 6,7 book;

+ harry will grow a liking to hermione or luna lovegood (as you saw near the end of the 5th book)
+neville will becum an auror like his parents
+draco malfoy will become a dark wizard
+ ron dies from draco malfoy putting the avada kevada curse on him (relating to parental hate)
+harry ends up becoming a teacher at hogwarts after he kills voldemort when he gets stronger
+he sees sirius again behind the veil

write back with any arguements answers or corrections you think will help me, like your forum board

name: sam
email: [email protected]
Reply 288
It can't be James, because the Map would say who Crookshangs really was.
All I hope is that the series ends with a bang. Nice idea though it is PR1, I hope that that doesn't happen, unless there's a huge fight beforehand. I do believe that the power which might help defeat Voldemort is love, but as you probably know from previous ramblings, I don't think that Neville will be the one to defeat Vodemort. After all J K Rowling said that no one, or very few people have guessed the ending of the series. True, this was said before people got round to reading book 5. You have to admit though, after reading the book, one of the most obvious endings of the series would be Neville killing Voldemort, instead of Harry, if the prophecy was intended for him. I'm sure that J K Rowling would have realised that many people would go for that idea. Problem is, is that idea too obvious for someone like Rowling. I could be totally and utterly off course with this, but this is my reasoning as to why Harry Potter is the one to whom the prophecy refers to.
Then who can Crookshanks actually be. I thought before that it could be Lily, but surely she would be down on the Mauraders map, and anyways, she's dead.
Reply 291
Sorry, forgot to sign in. The previous 2 posts were from me!
Reply 292
Who is everyone's favorite character? Mine so far is Tonks. She always makes me laugh. My second favorite is Sirius, or was anyway.

Reply 293
http://www.msnbc.com/news/943721.asp?0dm=s11Ak

Here is a website from a picture from the HP movie POA. I don't know what scene it is though. It looks like Harry is protecting Hermione from something.
Reply 294
I reckon that the scene could be when Harry and Hermione use the time turner to try and rescue Buckbeat, or maybe after they have talked to Sirius, and Lupin turns into the werewolf. I think the scene must be from near the end of the book.
Reply 295
Favourite character besides Harry Potter? Probably Sirius and Lupin. Followed by Dumbledore, Tonks and for some reason Mad-eye Moody. However, I like most of the Weasley family (bet you can guess which one I HATE) and Hermione.
Reply 296
I know its a bit of a long time ago, but the points about Crookshanks puzzled me. I always thought there was something funny about that cat, it just seemed to understand a little bit too much.

Also completely changine the subject, Jkr said in the interview that she'd be gutted if anyone guessed the ending, which makes me think that it can't be Harry kills Voldemort or vice versa coz surely people must've been guessing that since book 1 was published.

I think Hagrid's gonna die eventually because of an interview I read with Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid in the film) Apparently JKR gave him the impression that the character wasn't going to survive the series when he got the part, also don't think that Hermione can die, at least not until the very end as there wouldn't be a main female character then, and so alienating quite a lot of younger readers.

Finally, whats the difference between a wizard and a warlock, coz it says in book 2 that Mr weasley only has an old warlock called Perkins working in his office?

Sorry its a bit random, but kept having loads of different thoughts once I started writing!
Reply 297
I'm also wondering about the cats, and squibs. Mrs. Figg has cats and they help her out a lot. And Mr. Filch is a squib and Mrs. Norris helps him out with the students. I think that maybe the cats are magical or something, or that there is something special about them. I'm not sure. :confused: But all the cats do seem really smart.

P.S. I hope this post isn't too confusing.
Reply 298
My favorite charactor would have to be sirius (as u can tell).After him would be either lupin or dumbledore. I was just reading book 2, mostly to see if i could find that "little part" that is going to play a role in the next book. I am not sure if this could be it, but it stood out as weird. Here goes:
When harry arrives at the burrow, he does some work, then goes into the kitchen. Mr. Weasley comes home and talks about his day. He says "Nine raids. Nine! And old Mundungus Fletcher treid to put a hex on me when i had my back turned". Thats kinda wierd isn't it? Now we all know Mundungus is kinda shaddy, but isn't he good? Who knows, maybe i am making a big deal out of nothing, but it seems weird and it's just like JKR to use something we all discarded as unimportant a long time ago.
Reply 299
When there was talk earlier about who crookshanks could be I thought maybe it was Dumbledore so he could keep a special eye on the kids, and everyone keeps talking about the description of his features in the book like his nose, crook and his glasses, shanks. But after reading just now it was pointed out that the map would show who crookshanks really was!

I do think your right though in that maybe the cats just have special powers.

My favorite character is (well harry of course) then Id have to say Lupin, it would have been Sirius, (sorry sirius fan) but since he's dead, lupin is my next pick!!

I also like all the intrique around Snape though, it keeps things interesting. I wonder since in every book, Harry Ron and Heiromone have felt Snape was bad if something could turn out with that. Dumbledore admitted himself that he had made some mistakes, of course Snape could have gotten rid of Harry by now, but it might make out for some changes in the end.

Latest

Trending

Trending