Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

lol, scorpio

ReputationRep:
    Again, had lots of catching up to do, so I apologise for being a bit behind.

Personally my perfered method of recieving the books is to order them on line at Amazon and have it delivered to the door, its worth paying the £3 postage coz it means I'm guaranteed a copy with out queuing and only have to get out of bed to answer the door to the postman before I can start reading (also, a fun game to play with friend who also have the book on order is 'who can get it first'!)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Herminone can't die, she's the main female character, it would alienate a lot of young female readers and make it more of a boys book without Hermione.

It doesn't matter what age or nationality you are, surely the variety just enhances the discussion, so we can all see things from a different perspective. I am curious about how everyone else found this site though.

Another thing I said before, but I think we can get a few clues about whats coming up in later books from the movies, if something is left out the movie it can't play a big part in future plot lines, as they've got to keep their options open to the possibility of making all 7 books into films, and can't really go back and add important bits if they are crucial to later plots. I've not really explained myself very clearly but I hope you get what I mean.

The Hand of Glory was a good point about it being descibed in quite a lot of detail to just be forgotten about, but it isn't featured in the film, so if my theory is right, can't play a huge part in later books.

Think thats everything I wanted to say, I'm sure if I've forgotten something I can always come back later!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Another thing I said before, but I think we can get a few clues about whats coming up in later books from the movies, if something is left out the movie it can't play a big part in future plot lines, as they've got to keep their options open to the possibility of making all 7 books into films, and can't really go back and add important bits if they are crucial to later plots. I've not really explained myself very clearly but I hope you get what I mean.
    Yes that's a good point. However I don't like the movies enough to be able to sit through and watch them again taking note of detail :P

I also think it's unlikely that Hermione will die.

This is quite an unrelated question but do you think we'll meet/hear more about the the old Minister of Magic? -the one before Fudge -it was a she, mentioned by name somewhere, and it's said she retired rather than died. It could be me just picking- blah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Yes that's a good point. However I don't like the movies enough to be able to sit through and watch them again taking note of detail :P

This is quite an unrelated question but do you think we'll meet/hear more about the the old Minister of Magic? -the one before Fudge -it was a she, mentioned by name somewhere, and it's said she retired rather than died. It could be me just picking- blah!
    What you need to do is hope that someone else on the forum liked the movies and will sit and analise them for you!

Don't think we'll hear anything about the old minister for magic. She retired, so its not as if she was murdered or anything, and she retired shortly after Voldemort's down fall, so probably needed a break after trying to be in charge (however successfully) during Voldemort's reign of terror (for want of a better phrase!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)

Fudge could get fired and after Dumbledore turns the position down again she could come out of retirement, but then again they only mentioned her briefly. They have mentioned alot of characters in passing (like the old Order members). There is someone lurking in the back of my mind that may come to Hogwarts or play a larger role but my brain won't let it go.

Food, that's it I need food. I just got out of bed and ran to the computer to see what's been happening. I am definately hooked.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I'm not saying she'd play any big roll in the story, but might be introduced. Maybe not.

(Original post by kcoverst)
    Food, that's it I need food. I just got out of bed and ran to the computer to see what's been happening. I am definately hooked.
    Yes- I was online untill well past 3 last night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Yes I'm not saying she'd play any big roll in the story, but might be introduced. Maybe not.

Yes- I was online untill well past 3 last night.
    I always thought that Fudge had been a Minister for a long time, I thought he got the position right after voldie´s donwfall, but it seems like he´s been a minister for just a few years.....oh well....do you think Fudge will remain as a minister? I think he´s going to leave the country to hide in some faraway place, that way he won´t have to deal with voldemort.

btw I found uk-learnig while looking for a Harry Potter forum

ReputationRep:
    I was looking on ebay for a Harry Potter chat page and stumbled on this site. This is the first site I have participated on.

how can u find on ebay a chat page?

ReputationRep:
    For Lord Hunt...something, i would like to point out that i am not an adult. I found this thread during the summer, and i been with it since june. Anyway, I was thinking, now that umbridge is ok (darn) she will probabley be back right? Now that i am re-reading book 5, i am wondering if the Giants have sided with voldemort. If they have, i am not sure the order has a chance. Dementors, volde, death eaters and giants against... dumbledore, harry and the order. Lets see: harry can't kill giants, or dementors, maybe death eaters and volde. Dumbldedore can kill giants (i think) death eaters, but not dementors or volde. The order is the same as dumbldedore. Volde: can kill everyone. Death eaters: probably not harry or dumbldedore. Giants: probably not harry or dumble but the order. Dementors: everyone. I bet thats what will happen to dumbldedore. Imagine him laying there helpless, lifeless that would make harry go insane. We know dumbldedore could fight off dementors, maybe volde will stun him? (shudder) i hope not

ReputationRep:
    remember back when someone said the DADA teacher would not be a new person. Book 1: Quirrel. Book 2: Lockhart. Book 3: Lupin. Book 4: Moody. Book 5: Umbridge. We didn't know any off them before they became DADA teacher.

ReputationRep:
    when does harry potter book 6 come out :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    how can u find on ebay a chat page?
    I am not sure. I was on ebay bidding on Harry Potter audio tapes and just started looking around. I found a bulletin board page and did a search on Harry Potter thinking that I might find some tapes I could get cheaper than bidding and found a chat page. I did a search on Harry Potter chat and a list of choice came up from there it is history. I later found a page where they were talking about being in LOVE with Snape and thought that was a little to weird they even had a picture of the actor who plays Snape showing off his biceps and it was just *shivers* discusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    For Lord Hunt...something, i would like to point out that i am not an adult. I found this thread during the summer, and i been with it since june. Anyway, I was thinking, now that umbridge is ok (darn) she will probabley be back right? Now that i am re-reading book 5, i am wondering if the Giants have sided with voldemort. If they have, i am not sure the order has a chance. Dementors, volde, death eaters and giants against... dumbledore, harry and the order. Lets see: harry can't kill giants, or dementors, maybe death eaters and volde. Dumbldedore can kill giants (i think) death eaters, but not dementors or volde. The order is the same as dumbldedore. Volde: can kill everyone. Death eaters: probably not harry or dumbldedore. Giants: probably not harry or dumble but the order. Dementors: everyone. I bet thats what will happen to dumbldedore. Imagine him laying there helpless, lifeless that would make harry go insane. We know dumbldedore could fight off dementors, maybe volde will stun him? (shudder) i hope not
    if dumbledore dies (which i think he will) i want him to die an impressive death, being terminated by a dementor.....mmm.....i dont know, he´s too powerful to die like that, in OOTP he says that he could break out of azkaban, so i dont think a few dementors could get him, he´s probably going to get killed by voldie in the last battle, that would leave harry alone with him.

ReputationRep:
    i think hell die of old age

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Golz)
    i think hell die of old age
    I don't want Dumbledore to die. I don't think Hermione or Ron will die either. As for Fred and George and think they will join the order but will stay more in the background making things that the order can use to gain information like the extendable ears. But I am sorry to say I do think one of the Weasley's will die. Maybe it will be Ginny after she and Harry fall in love of course. Or after she dies Harry realizes that he loved her.

ReputationRep:
    or everyone will die of old age in the far future

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!

Love,
    The Imposter

I'm Bored(and no, I'm not going to read a book Monkeybutt)!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Imposter)
    I'm Bored(and no, I'm not going to read a book Monkeybutt)!!!
    go to google then search on the web for mini clips then click on miniclips.com and they have loads of free games it is cool

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.