Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    Since the books usually start right around his birthday, we should know straight off how he did- AS SOON AS THE NEW BOOK COMES- I hate waiting-

hmm-- the only problem I see with his NEWTS is Potions- I'm sure he did ok, but Outstanding? I don't know about that-

sounds like there are similarities with the British school system- how exactly does it work for you guys?

ReputationRep:
    hahahahahahhahahahah

Dumbledore and McGonagall- that's the best thing I've heard all week!
    He's like 50 years older than she is!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think age has anything to do with it. Dumbledore is a hottie (I'll get myself into trouble for this I'm sure ). I just like men with gray hair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcoverst)
    Jenny will continue to date but not seriously because she is really in love with Harry, but she will not make a move.

Also, Dumbledore and MacGonagal are lovers. They are always togther and she can gives him stern looks to make him watch what he says.
    Did you mean Ginny?

Haha.. Dumbledore and McGonagall. They look good though! Imagine them snogging... muahahaha. With all the kissy ways that old people do... smell and kiss!

ReputationRep:
    Yes Ginny.

ReputationRep:
    eeewwwww- ok- I'll give you that gray hair is occassionally cute, but bald is cuter-

I think Dumbledore / McGonagall are so close because she's next in line for Headmaster- she has the same teaching job he did, she's always listed as being fair- and I think of the living teachers she's been there the longest-

ReputationRep:
    I think this is the longest this thread has been silent.....

Any theories on how they are going to portray Buckbeak? Animatronics? Cartoon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    eeewwwww- ok- I'll give you that gray hair is occassionally cute-
    Mmmm...Kakashi :P *drools*

---

As for the Mcgonagall/Dumbledore thing -I think not!

---

I doubt cartoon -I doubt they'll randomly throw in a cartoon in the middle of live action filming! They'll probably make it the same way they made all the other magical creatures -big dog, giant spiders, snake etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Krum's Bulgarian, so doesn't have any effect on whether Harry made the England team or not. Not sure if he'll be back though, he wasn't mentioned much in book 5, and he would have finished school now, so whats he doing with his life? Just playing quidditch? Hope harry makes the England team though, I'm still quite convinced that there'll be another world cup at the start of book 7.

Thanks for all the help on zip drives, I can't believe the university put them in the computers instead of floppy drives, but never mind, nothing I can do about it.

Think I'm gonna start re-reading the books again in an attempt to learn them by heart (or as close as possible) Have to pick them up from home first, they wouldn't fit in the car when I came to uni, I think maybe I have too much stuff!

I reckon hey'll start studying for they're NEWT's in sixth year then take them in year 7, like A Levels. We're expected to choose our university modules for the next year before we've even taken the exams for the previous year. It doesn't actually say what Harry chose, or if they had to actually choose then or just start thinking about their options, I remember having lots of talks throughout my GCSE's about picking my A Levels. Do you think Harry would be able to change his mind about his NEWT's based on his OWL grades? The most frustrating thing I found about book 5 was not knowing how his exams had gone before the end of the book!
    Yes, krum was mentioned as i said before, hermoine is writing a very long letter to him in the scene after the harry and cho kiss part. I think it is a sign that she and him are still seeing each other, because it was odd that it was happening at the same time as the cho harry thang. Remember hermoine said he invited her over during the summer? Did we find out if she went?
    The first time i read book 5, harry's temper was very annoying, but the second time through it seemed less uncharacotistic and apropriate.
    uuum egan what or who is "kakashi"??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcoverst)
    I don't think age has anything to do with it. Dumbledore is a hottie (I'll get myself into trouble for this I'm sure ). I just like men with gray hair.
    Looking at the thread post number, we have broken the 3100 poat mark, with ur post being the exact 3100! YAY!

ReputationRep:
    Boo hoo! I keep typing up posts and getting 'Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /var/www/html/sites/uk-learning.net/includes/functions.php on line 2798'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Boo hoo! I keep typing up posts and getting 'Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /var/www/html/sites/uk-learning.net/includes/functions.php on line 2798'
    It's just not letting me post the long stuff *pulls out hair after 5th attempt*

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I'm going to type it up ONE MORE TIME. If it doesn't work...well, gah!

Going to leave out the quotes to hope it makes a difference.

Ok briefest retype yet. Sorry, but I'm frustrated *6th attempt*.

Don't think Hermione and Krum were item.
    Think Hermione likes Ron as he likes her, so she wouldn't date Krum.
    Don't think she stayed there this holiday- parents rarely see her and Ron would go balistic if he found out- which he probably would as it'd add to the story and Hermione would probably reference the holiday at some point.

---

Do google search for Hatake Kakashi. (FREAKY EYE has lots of pictures/screencaps in the 'Media' section- second link down)
    Don't expect you to fully appreciate him.

---

Has become shorter as I have become more irritated, sorry.

Blah

Egan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)

Don't think she stayed there this holiday- parents rarely see her and Ron would go balistic if he found out- which he probably would as it'd add to the story and Hermione would probably reference the holiday at some point.

---

Do google search for Hatake Kakashi. (FREAKY EYE has lots of pictures/screencaps in the 'Media' section- second link down)

---

Blah

Egan
    Right but you said you "think she likes ron" but we know she likes or did like victor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    I think you're typing too fast you can't post anything after 3o seconds when you posted your last one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)

---

---

Blah

Egan
    I think Hermione might like Harry, or maybe not. And I think Harry wouldn't like it if Hermione and Ron becomes an item. He's already jealous that both of them became prefects, what more if they become a couple?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Right but you said you "think she likes ron" but we know she likes or did like victor
    Not in the same way, atleast that's my opinion.

And I think 'Think' -1, because I was jotting and 2, because some people might not share the same view -I know people have said 'Hermione and Harry' before. I should have taken the time to make myself clearer but as I said, it was by no means the first retype and I was being brief. By 'like' I meant more 'love' in an attracted sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    I think Hermione might like Harry,
    There you go Padfoot- different opinion

---

(Original post by ladyblitzer)
    I think you're typing too fast you can't post anything after 3o seconds when you posted your last one
    But that wasn't the actual problem- because the first time, and several times after I was writing afresh (and after reading elsewhere etc) so I spent much longer than 30s in between.

ReputationRep:
    I think this is the longest this thread has been silent.....
    i know... i can't believe it. one day, you'll need half a day to catch up. but now, everyone's just... not posting actively. hmm... busy busy busy.

They can do anything with the computer now. Can't just imagine what Sirius-riding-Buckbeak would look like. I wanna see how dementors and Azkaban look like!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    But that wasn't the actual problem- because the first time, and several times after I was writing afresh (and after reading elsewhere etc) so I spent much longer than 30s in between.
    maybe post too long? but there must have been longer posts than yours. oh well, lotsa problems in this forum. i hope they fix it soooooon.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.