Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    i know... i can't believe it. one day, you'll need half a day to catch up. but now, everyone's just... not posting actively. hmm... busy busy busy.

They can do anything with the computer now. Can't just imagine what Sirius-riding-Buckbeak would look like. I wanna see how dementors and Azkaban look like!!!
    Mu guess : horrible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Mu guess : horrible
    which one? Sirius riding Buckbeak? or the dementors and AzkabaN?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Not in the same way, atleast that's my opinion.

And I think 'Think' -1, because I was jotting and 2, because some people might not share the same view -I know people have said 'Hermione and Harry' before. I should have taken the time to make myself clearer but as I said, it was by no means the first retype and I was being brief. By 'like' I meant more 'love' in an attracted sense.
    sorry i meant no offense i just trying to make conversation
    wait, does this mean dumbledore still won't look at harry becuase he is still possesed?
    Wait... that didn't really seem like dumbldedore to ignore harry for dumbldedore's own good, but then again i guess for the order's good.

ReputationRep:
    which one? Sirius riding Buckbeak? or the dementors and AzkabaN?
    take your pick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    sorry i meant no offense i just trying to make conversation
    wait, does this mean dumbledore still won't look at harry becuase he is still possesed?
    Wait... that didn't really seem like dumbldedore to ignore harry for dumbldedore's own good, but then again i guess for the order's good.
    i think now that Harry understands almost everything, he would try his best to study Occlumency to block off Voldemort. And in the later parts of the book, Dumbledore wasn't ignoring Harry anymore.

(Original post by Xenon)
    Did Sirius' wand get broken when he was imprisoned? If it didn't they could test his wand, because I'm sure that Peter would have used his own wand. So if Sirius' wand had shown that it didn't cast the curse, Sirius would be free. But knowing the ministry, they prbably would say that he used Dark magic to prevent the curse from being shown!
    Why don't they just use vertiserum to find out.

LIST OF ARTICLES ABOUT ISRAEL from http://members.fortunecity.com/911/

Palestine.

Some Facts About Palestine.
    Listing and Map of Land Ownership in Palestine in 1947.
    Listing and Map of Towns and Villages Ethnically Cleansed/Destroyed by the Jews.
    More on the Towns and Villages Ethnically Cleansed/Destroyed by the Jews (0.5 MB).
    Time line of the Israeli aggression against the Palestinians in the 1948 war.
    Jewish/Israeli massacres of Palestinians and Jewish Terrorism in general.
    Brief articles on the 1948, 1956 and 1967 wars started by Israel.
    Brief article on the Israeli attempt to ignite a civil war in Lebanon.
    Arafat calls for democratic elections in the United States.
    The Amazing Cost of Israel to the United States
    America should fight minorities and aliens the way Israel does!
    The Day Israel Deliberately Killed 34 American Sailors.
    Brief article on Israeli apartheid.
    Israel wins Huge Victory.
    Is Israel a Democracy?
    Some Israeli War Criminals.
    Some articles on the War Criminal Sharon.
    The War Criminal Sharon. The Long Version.
    The Chinese claim California as a Confucian Homeland.
    Time to Bomb Israel for its Development and Deployment of Weapons of Mass Destruction.
    God gave the Jews New York.
    The Genocidal God of the Jews.
    Some Zionist Fairy Tales.
    Israel mugs the Palestinians.
    Muslims base their claim to Palestine on History.
    Jewish Terrorism.
    Jewish Terrorism targeting the British.
    Online Books about Palestine and the Jews.
    What you can do if you care.
    Jews Attack Christianity.

Here are some websites which mirror the old nerdcities.com/guardian site (from about January 2003).

http://guardian.911review.org which is a small part of the http://911review.org site.
    http://misternet.org/nerdcities/index_guardian.html
    http://www.wtc7.net

Here is a website that partially mirrors the most recent edition of the nerdcities.com/guardian site (from September 2003).

http://guardian.150m.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ISRAEL)
    LIST OF ARTICLES ABOUT ISRAEL from http://members.fortunecity.com/911/
    Wrong thread.

ReputationRep:
    How can you say that???? Are you mad? I think the abundance of blue cars over pink ones demonstrates by point. What does everyone else think??

ReputationRep:
    Buckbeak will have to be some computer generated thing, I reckon its the only way to make him look real. Did anyone see Gary Oldman on Graham Norton last night? Don't think he'll be quite as bad as I thought for Sirius.

ReputationRep:
    Have we finally run out of things to talk about? Is that why everyones been so quiet recently?

ReputationRep:
    i dont care and i think im not the only 1

ReputationRep:
    GRAHAM NORTON is so irrating how about Frank skinner he's brilliant especially of the baddiels show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Buckbeak will have to be some computer generated thing, I reckon its the only way to make him look real. Did anyone see Gary Oldman on Graham Norton last night? Don't think he'll be quite as bad as I thought for Sirius.
    The ones playing Sirius and Remus kind of disappointed me. They're not who I imagined. Do you know the guy from Highlander? He could've been a good Sirius. And Ralph Finnes for Remus!!!

(Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Have we finally run out of things to talk about? Is that why everyones been so quiet recently?
    Hopefully, this won't be the end of this thread that oh so many people are wishing for. Maybe everyone's just really busy. Or we really have said everything that is to be said. I bet one of the stuffs here would definitely be in the next books

ReputationRep:
    The ones playing Sirius and Remus kind of disappointed me. They're not who I imagined. Do you know the guy from Highlander? He could've been a good Sirius. And Ralph Finnes for Remus!!!

Hopefully, this won't be the end of this thread that oh so many people are wishing for. Maybe everyone's just really busy. Or we really have said everything that is to be said. I bet one of the stuffs here would definitely be in the next books
    Bloody hell...you have written an entire novel with this thread - surely you cant still have things to discuss! lol

ReputationRep:
    I think with holidays coming its just been a busy time of year- whats with all these random people posting weird lines here?

1. I think the whole reason Hermione said that thing about Harry being "as bad as Ron" and then deciding he wasn't (regarding the whole what Cho feels thing)- was because she is frustrated that he wont admit his feelings- I think they'll at least kiss or something in the next book- maybe they'll keep it secret from Harry and then have a big fight (for the millionth time) and that's how he'll find out- I don't think he'd be mad, he'd probably approve, but I think they will be afraid he'll get mad-

2. Definately computer animation for Buckbeak- but its a little more complicated than the others- they have to RIDE him- I just hope they dont screw it up- all that reading and I still don't really have a picture in my head of what he looks like- I know its half eagle and half horse- but can anyone really picture that?

ReputationRep:

Do you mean the one from the movie with Sean Connery or the TV series one. I much prefer the one from the movie (can't remember his name) but I am definately in LOVE with Sean Connery (that's were my fascination with gray hair comes from.

ReputationRep:
    I am sure that if we look back over past posts we could find something that someone said that was not looked at seriously. We could always take one of them and theorize about it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know- most of the things said here that no one took seriously were because they were...well- ridiculous-

Question- when the bunch of them were being held by Umbridge's little army, how did Ginny get her wand to do the bat-bogey hex? I thought it was taken away from her?

so I was watching one of the Star Wars last night (very little on TV at 7:30) and they did alot of "mind magic"- I know we all seem to think Harry can do this and it will be important, but do you remember how Dumbledore suprised Harry when he was looking at the mirror of Erised? He said he didn't need an invisibility cloak to become invisible- but apparently all the other members of the Order do- do you think he'll teach that to Harry? and was it wandless magic? If Dumbledore is so powerful, why does he need a wand at all?

ReputationRep:

I think Sean Connery would definately be too old to play Sirius! I think in my head he looked more like Aragorn from LOTR(mmmm, we have a life size cardboard cut out stood in our kiychen!) Don't know how I pictured Lupin tho, but I definately think he should've been more hairy!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.