Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    I don't know- most of the things said here that no one took seriously were because they were...well- ridiculous-

Question- when the bunch of them were being held by Umbridge's little army, how did Ginny get her wand to do the bat-bogey hex? I thought it was taken away from her?

so I was watching one of the Star Wars last night (very little on TV at 7:30) and they did alot of "mind magic"- I know we all seem to think Harry can do this and it will be important, but do you remember how Dumbledore suprised Harry when he was looking at the mirror of Erised? He said he didn't need an invisibility cloak to become invisible- but apparently all the other members of the Order do- do you think he'll teach that to Harry? and was it wandless magic? If Dumbledore is so powerful, why does he need a wand at all?
    I'm not entirely convinced this whole wandless magic thing exists.I don't think its possible to control it anyway. I think its just something that happens when a wizard is very emotional and helpless, its seems to be almost accidental.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    I think Sean Connery would definately be too old to play Sirius! I think in my head he looked more like Aragorn from LOTR(mmmm, we have a life size cardboard cut out stood in our kiychen!) Don't know how I pictured Lupin tho, but I definately think he should've been more hairy!
    No, the other guy that was the lead in that movie. Dark hair. He also played Tarzan in the movie Tarzan. But Sean Connery could play Moody in book 4.

I found it Christopher Lambert.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcoverst)
    No, the other guy that was the lead in that movie. Dark hair. He also played Tarzan in the movie Tarzan. But Sean Connery could play Moody in book 4.
    He'd have to have a lot of make up though to make him a lot uglier!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but that voice (shivers).

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, definitely! He was James Bond, afterall... oooh.

Yeah, but that voice (shivers).
    Haha. "I, King Artursh, Ruler of Camelotsh..."

ReputationRep:
    Did you know who they got for Aunt Marge?

Trunchbull from "Matilda"!! That was PERFECT Casting

ReputationRep:
    Did you know who they got for Aunt Marge?

Trunchbull from "Matilda"!! That was PERFECT Casting
    That is great.

ReputationRep:
    quick question on Prisoner of Azkaban- how did Dumbledore know three turns of the time thingy would get them exactly where they needed to be? I was looking through the Lexicon timelines and it puts them in EXACTLY the right time- to the minute

also- in Socerer's Stone- how did he know to take the stone out of Gringott's? He took it out the day before Quirrell tried to steal it- how did he know?

ReputationRep:
    quick question on Prisoner of Azkaban- how did Dumbledore know three turns of the time thingy would get them exactly where they needed to be? I was looking through the Lexicon timelines and it puts them in EXACTLY the right time- to the minute

also- in Socerer's Stone- how did he know to take the stone out of Gringott's? He took it out the day before Quirrell tried to steal it- how did he know?
    Maybe each turn of the time turner represents a certain amount of time. Like 1 turn = 15 minutes or 1 hour and so on.

Maybe Dumbledore has a touch of something like foresight (not quite like Prof. Trelawyne). I have seen this in a series of Herald books by Mercedes Lackey.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Dumbledore has a touch of something like foresight (not quite like Prof. Trelawyne). I have seen this in a series of Herald books by Mercedes Lackey.
    Maybe just another of his 'shrewd ideas [that] normally turn out to be accurate'?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this is to random for you but do any one of you like Metal Gear Solid 2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghost Walker)
    Sorry if this is to random for you but do any one of you like Metal Gear Solid 2?
    Is that an anime? I'm sure I've heard of it...oh no it's a game isn't it (where do I know it from?)?

Anyway- wrong place to post, if you want to discuss it, start a new thread please or post on a more appropriate one

ReputationRep:
    It's a PS2 game and sorry, just wanted to ask. Yes, I have started my own thread about it...

Dude, which HP do you think is the best?

ReputationRep:
    It's a PS2 game and sorry, just wanted to ask.
    Fair enough.
    Yes, I have started my own thread about it...
    So I see.

Dude, which HP do you think is the best?
    Dude?

ReputationRep:
    Very good! I did say dude, didn't I? But I didn't ask a question about the word dude. I asked you which HP you thought was the best.....so?

ReputationRep:
    Very good! I did say dude, didn't I? But I didn't ask a question about the word dude. I asked you which HP you thought was the best.....so?
    Well I assume you mean which character.
    I don't really have one to be honest, they're each good for their purpose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    I think he meant which book out of all 5 do you like the best. I would have to say book 5. Since I am an older (cough, cough, cough) reader. There that wasn't so hard to say. I liked that you could see Harry and the others growing up and wanting to be teenagers doing thing that are dangerous and the adults wanting to keep them safe. I really liked Neville starting to show some progress.

ReputationRep:
    I think he meant which book out of all 5 do you like the best. I would have to say book 5. Since I am an older (cough, cough, cough) reader. There that wasn't so hard to say. I liked that you could see Harry and the others growing up and wanting to be teenagers doing thing that are dangerous and the adults wanting to keep them safe. I really liked Neville starting to show some progress.
    Do you reckon HP will lose his wand in the next book?

ReputationRep:
    no i don't think he will, and why do u keep asking/saying that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    i thought he meant book, but when he came on and started making fun of u, it was kinda hard to tell.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.