Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

I'm fat & 40 and I have no life.

You should be ashamed of your self 'Hottie' you don't go around selling your body to people you havent even met. as for the rest of you people come to this website to talk about good holsome books . Not beat eachother up over the internet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

(Original post by Wendy)
    You should be ashamed of your self 'Hottie' you don't go around selling your body to people you havent even met. as for the rest of you people come to this website to talk about good holsome books . Not beat eachother up over the internet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
    Holy Hell.

Heeeeeeellllllllllooooooooo? Is anyone there?!

(Original post by Lyn)
    Heeeeeeellllllllllooooooooo? Is anyone there?!
    I don't a flyin' fat rats a*% what you think.

I Bloody cheated on me wife. I'm Bloody stupid. I should sleep with the Bloody pigeons.

Ronald Weasley is the sixth of Molly and Arthur's sons. He is currently attending Hogwarts where he is the best friend of Harry Potter. Ron has a generally positive outlook on life but struggles with feelings of having to live up to five older brothers who have made their mark on Hogwarts one way or another.

Ron also finds himself frustrated with being poor. "Why is everything I own rubbish?" he exclaims when he is faced with second hand dress robes with lace on them and a maniacal little owl who chokes on owl treats (GF10).
    Ron and Harry find themselves at odds occasionally and have even spent some weeks not speaking to each other, but Ron is a devoted friend and helper for Harry. Ron's skills at chess helped Harry pass through McGonagall's enchanted chess set guarding the Sorcerer's Stone. He lied for Harry when Snape caught Harry with the evidence of an illicit visit to Hogsmeade in their third year, saying he'd brought the Zonko's stuff back for Harry on a previous visit (PA14). After Hagrid lost Buckbeak's case, Ron took over responsibility for the appeal from Hermione, who was strained to the breaking point from her classload (PA15), and he was deeply offended over the Committee's unjust handling of the final hearing (PA16). He urged Harry to protest to their Head of House or the Headmaster when Umbridge gave Harry sadistic detentions.

Ron has been very supportive of Harry as he's been plagued by feedback from his mental connection with Voldemort. His questions after a post-Quidditch practice vision helped them both analyze how much information Harry was getting, and he gave Harry some intelligent advice, although Harry refused to take it (OP1 . He's taken action to snap Harry out of a couple of overpowering nighttime visions, and protected Harry from having his problems become public property via the other boys in their dormitory (OP24, OP26).

Ron seems to be developing an interesting and possibly romantic relationship with Hermione, but for now it's in the arguing and teasing stage. He was highly annoyed that Hermione went to the Yule Ball with Krum, but never got around to asking her himself. He ended up going to the Ball with Padma Patil, but he was so busy glowering at Hermione and Krum that Padma abandoned him to dance with some boys from Beauxbatons. Ron didn't seem to mind in the least.

Ron is an avid Quidditch fan; his favorite team is the Chudley Cannons and his bedroom at the Burrow--an attic room at the top of the stairs--is plastered with posters of the team. Ron's broom, however, like everything else he owns was a hand-me-down Shooting Star which is "frequently outstripped by passing butterflies" (CS3). In August of 1995, however, Ron became a prefect and was rewarded by his mother with a new broom, a Cleansweep Eleven. That fall he tried out for the Gryffindor Quidditch team and was made Keeper (OP13).

Ron gets plenty of teasing from his older brothers, particularly Fred and George. When he was made a prefect during the twins' last year at Hogwarts, they resumed their old habit of calling him by baby-talk nicknames, something they hadn't done since his first year. They taunted him for awhile about whether he would try to give them detention, but Hermione indirectly put a stop to the worst of that (OP).

When Ron was three, he broke Fred's toy broomstick, and Fred retaliated by changing Ron's teddy bear into a giant spider, while Ron was holding it. Ron's been terrified of spiders ever since, although he can tolerate working with dead ones in Potions (CS9). After encountering Aragog in the forest, Ron was so afraid he threw up in Hagrid's pumpkin patch.

Ron joined Hermione and a group of other students in forming a group to study Defense Against the Dark Arts from Harry during his fifth year. As a member of Dumbledore's Army, as they called themselves, Ron fought in the Battle of the Department of Mysteries. He was wounded in that battle and spent some days in the Hospital Wing recovering afterwards (OP35ff.).

Weasley, Ronald
    hair: flaming red (SS6)
    eyes:
    distinguishing features: (apart from the red hair) tall, thin, freckled, and has a rather long nose (SS6)
    House: Gryffindor
    home: the Burrow when he's not at Hogwarts
    interests: Quidditch, chess
    born: 1 March, 1980 (CR)
    (to Arthur and Molly Weasley)
    pet: Scabbers, until 1994; later Pigwidgeon
    friends: Harry Potter, Hermione Granger; he attended the Yule Ball with Padma Patil
    broomstick: Shooting Star (until late 1995) (CS)
    Cleansweep 11 (1995) (OP)

Pigwidgeon
    Known not-so-affectionately as "Pig," this tiny brown owl is loud and hyperactive, much to the dismay of Ron, who owns him. Pig was a gift from Sirius Black. Hedwig treats him with disdain since he doesn't know how to behave like a REAL post owl. Ginny gave the little owl his name. Ron tried to change it, but the owl wouldn't answer to anything else.

Lyn
    Extra
    (11/3/03 5:04 pm)

P.S. I have bad Bloody teeth!

We British don't like bloody dentists. That's why our teeth are so bloody screwed up.

ReputationRep:
    hmm- some lovely people on today-

The whole luna/ron real question is that first part on the train where he makes fun of Goyle and everyone kind of laughs and Luna goes into hysterical shrieks long after everyone else has stopped- she also doesn't even blink at Harry in the compartment, but as soon as Ron gets there she starts rattling off about him and Padma- after that she's just highly observant of him- she doesn't really seem to notice or care about Harry much- she stays with Ron in the MOM, not Harry-

Anyway, I like Luna's character, but I don't think she's going to be anything big- I think she was like alot of other characters- in for one book, then gone- look at everyone from book 3- for the most part they pretty much dissapear after that- few short scenes in later books-

I read that description of the trailer! It's so exciting! It comes out this Friday, right? kind of early- even for HP

ReputationRep:
    So much catching up to do again, I really should make the effort to get on more often, but can I just point out that its 20:31 and I'm still in uni "working"!

Don't think Harry and Luna will get together, like someone said, Harry's gonna spend the next book at least being really focussed on the prophacy and keeping to himself even more than before, I think he will tell Ron and Hermione about it though, mainly because I can't imagine them not knowing about it, I think either Harry will tell them whilst they're together at the end of the holidays (which I'm sure they will be) or maybe Dumbledore'll tell them.

The first aim of the order was to recruit new members, so who do you reckon will be old enough/will join? I'm thinking Fred and George now they're of age and not at school, maybe a couple of ex-Gryffindors, like Oliver Wood, Angelina Johnson etc. Do you think people like Fleur would be able to join or do you think its kept to British wizards?

ReputationRep:
    Very random, but just wanted to make my 200th post on this thread rather than any other! I can now go away and post happily else where! x.

ReputationRep:
    You've GOT to try- I was 38%- I think that's pretty healthy considering I don't live in the UK-

http://www.fuuko.com/hpquiz.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    You've GOT to try- I was 38%- I think that's pretty healthy considering I don't live in the UK-

http://www.fuuko.com/hpquiz.html
    Oh dear, I got 51%, starting to get a bit worried, maybe I'm a little bit obsessed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Oh dear, I got 51%, starting to get a bit worried, maybe I'm a little bit obsessed!
    36% for me....not bad

ReputationRep:
    what i am annoyed about is that we will never get to see harry curse dudley. by the time the 7th book comes out, harry will be 17 and therefore be allowed to use magic outside of school. but because he now knows why he has to stay with the dusley's, he knows he can't use magic on them, or he will get throw out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leroylina)
    36% for me....not bad
    42% for me... i was actually expecting less

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    42% for me... i was actually expecting less

lou xxx
    What is all the % stuff about??

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't it be funny if he lost his wand?

ReputationRep:
    the quiz http://www.fuuko.com/hpquiz.html

I am 38%obsessed.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.