The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** Watch

This discussion is closed.
Brooklyn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
has anyone tried to make butterbeer? I'm going to try when I visit my sister this weekend- I saw a recipe with rootbeer, but some people say to substitute cream soda- I just wondered if there were any surefire BAD recipes I should avoid-

Here's the one I saw

warm 1 can rootbeer (or cream soda) in the microwave
in a seperate dish, melt 2 teaspoons salted butter
get a tablespoon of honey
mix the melted butter into the rootbeer with the honey covered tablespoon until both are dissolved

another recipe I saw supposedly involves vanilla ice cream but everyone says tastes like apple pie, which is NOT my idea of butterbeer
kcoverst
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Sounds interesting. Let us know how it tastes.
maljosh
Report 14 years ago
I've sneaked into JK Rowlings house, and found the last few chapters. Harry the great, lol, he won't die... he will kill dark lord and marry Ginny Weasley afterwards.. and will live happily after,

Rowlings likes to keep people guessing that is why she talks funny...
kikas
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Brooklyn)
You've GOT to try- I was 38%- I think that's pretty healthy considering I don't live in the UK-

http://www.fuuko.com/hpquiz.html

I got 24%!!!lol...I'm only obsseded!
kikas
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ladyblitzer)
Poor Siri. If sirius was alive, do you think he'd get off the hook? The ministry doesn't know about what Wormtail did yet, but maybe Dumbledore could explain it. And now that Deatheaters are less, he could go around more as Snuffles.... awwww.... I wish JK didn't kill Sirius
hey!
Now I'm going to start crying!!...I loved sirius a lot, I 2 wished he was alive!!
kikas
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kikas)
I got 24%!!!lol...I'm only obsseded!

...obesessed...lol...now it's wright!
maljosh
Report 14 years ago
Have you seen Matrix 3? When Trinity dies Neo gets kind of angry and that encourages him to do what he was meant to do....

The same goes for Harry.. when Sirius died he was in a rage...just imagine Voldermord meeting Harry on the dark lane? Harry'll kick his ass hard, don't you reckon?
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by maljosh)
Have you seen Matrix 3? When Trinity dies Neo gets kind of angry and that encourages him to do what he was meant to do....
Damn your eyes! Did it not occur to you that some of us had not yet seen the film? *grumbles* - I'm going tonight an' all!
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
*still grumbling*
---
(Original post by PadFoot90)
When harry is at sirius's, sirius gets all sulky (even when harry isn't there). Is it really because he cant help, or something else?
I thought it was because they'd all be going away soon, and he'd be alone again.
Brooklyn
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think its cause he was stuck at home with Kreacher and Lupin- not exactly adventurous companions-

and thanks ALOT- I hadn't seen Matrix 3 yet- was waiting to go with my father- I heard it stinks anyway though- sigh- at least it wasn't HP you spoiled...

But yes, I guess I do think Sirius's death will spur Harry to new and greater heights of magic- but most of his pissedoffedness is gone now- something new will have to happen.....
Ziggy
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
Everyone in here's a hermaphrodite!
Lyn
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
If you want to find an illegal copy a Harry Potter book, then just go to this website. Then you can send it to J.K. Rowling and she can sue them. Even if it is just a harmless kid's story it's still breaking copyright rules. I'm only nine and can't tell my parents because then the'll know I haven't been on Disney.com all this time. I myself can't do anything because I haven't the clue how. So please be loyal to Rowling and do something abot it.

http://www.writing.com/main/view_ite...item_id=743864
kcoverst
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Lyn)
If you want to find an illegal copy a Harry Potter book, then just go to this website. Then you can send it to J.K. Rowling and she can sue them. Even if it is just a harmless kid's story it's still breaking copyright rules. I'm only nine and can't tell my parents because then the'll know I haven't been on Disney.com all this time. I myself can't do anything because I haven't the clue how. So please be loyal to Rowling and do something abot it.

http://www.writing.com/main/view_ite...item_id=743864
J. K. won't be losing very much money. It won't sell. You can tell it's not written by a professional.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kcoverst)
J. K. won't be losing very much money. It won't sell. You can tell it's not written by a professional.
people who just try and copy off other peoples ideas are just low life scum with boring jobs who live with there mum until there 38
Brooklyn
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
umm- ok or they're Mark Twain- he plagarized quite a bit- so did Dickens for that matter-

but anyway- back to HP

I'm rereading book 5- its funny- I usually know the exact words before I read them- but anyway- I did notice the extra scar activity someone else mentioned a page or so ago- maybe the connection is getting deeper? If so, how is he going to be safe at all over the summer? I wonder if we'll get to read that letter Dumbledore left Petunia when Harry was a baby- I have a feeling it says some interesting things..
lilmissnaughty
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
my mate is riting harry potter bks n they r jus as gd if not better than jk r's which is madd cos jk's r amazin!

luv steph xx
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
umm- ok or they're Mark Twain- he plagarized quite a bit- so did Dickens for that matter-

but anyway- back to HP

I'm rereading book 5- its funny- I usually know the exact words before I read them- but anyway- I did notice the extra scar activity someone else mentioned a page or so ago- maybe the connection is getting deeper? If so, how is he going to be safe at all over the summer? I wonder if we'll get to read that letter Dumbledore left Petunia when Harry was a baby- I have a feeling it says some interesting things..
hey thats my picture your using
kcoverst
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

but anyway- back to HP

Well, at least they could make a story believable.

I did notice the scare activity and it proved that Voldie was getting stronger. That is a physical link between them.

I can't wait to see what kind of role Aunt Petunia plays in the next few books.
Brooklyn
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've had it since I joined- ever been?

Now Easter Island would be a great setting of a HP book
Ruenna
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
Holy Crap! I'm 75% obsessed with Harry Potter. Talk about insane!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (114)
95%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (6)
5%

Watched Threads