Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    never heard that. how sad lol.

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember when it was- but she said that she made up the word "Muggle" (which is in the dictionary now btw) and had all ownership over it- I forget if she never published the book she used it in or it sold really poorly, but the judge ruled that JK did not take it and that the lady had no write over it as a word- which makes sense- who can own a word- maybe I should decide that the word "towel" is mine- everyone who says "towel" has to give me a dollar-

do you have the recipe for butterbeer in that book?

ReputationRep:
    ok- I'm going to go back and reread all the pages- just to show its not so hard and pretty interesting

ReputationRep:
    i remember thta it is in their, but as i am in college, i can't tell you what it is now. i'll tell you tonight.

that woman also claimed she has a flying character called Nimbus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    i remember thta it is in their, but as i am in college, i can't tell you what it is now. i'll tell you tonight.

that woman also claimed she has a flying character called Nimbus
    Did anyone take any notice of this woman or did they all just assume she was trying to get some money out of JKR? I bored. I don't want to do my work, its too hard and too dull!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcoverst)
    I know what you mean. I started on page 88 and read all the posts. I so wanted to reply and then someone would have already done so or if I went ahead and replied bcs I was so excited about something, someone would let me know that I just needed to look a little further ahead to get an answer. Now we can go back and forth anytime and see what has already been discusses.

Welcome Moochy.
    I know, I find that when I go away for the weekend, theres so much to catch up on, I end up keeping a little notebook with me to make sure I remember everything I want to say, as it is I still end up forgetting things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    I don't remember when it was- but she said that she made up the word "Muggle" (which is in the dictionary now btw) and had all ownership over it- I forget if she never published the book she used it in or it sold really poorly, but the judge ruled that JK did not take it and that the lady had no write over it as a word-
    Yeah I remember that...was a while back now though...

ReputationRep:
    well I've reread the first 10 pages to me- but I have the settings tweaked to put the maximum posts on a page, so I htink that's about 20 pages to everyone else- but something came across I hadn't noticed before-

Hogwart's
    Hog's Head
    Hogsmeade

anything there or just coincidence?

ReputationRep:

Hogwart's
    Hog's Head
    Hogsmeade

Maybe she likes pigs.

ReputationRep:
    well I've reread the first 10 pages to me- but I have the settings tweaked to put the maximum posts on a page, so I htink that's about 20 pages to everyone else- but something came across I hadn't noticed before-

Hogwart's
    Hog's Head
    Hogsmeade

Could just be a play on Hogwarts, since Hogwarts is kind of the center of that community. Small towns sometimes use parts of the towns name in conjunction with other aspects of the town.

ReputationRep:
    guess after all those years studying English I feel like place names are always important- hmm- maybe Harry Potter and the Legend of the Pig?

Normally don't read fanfic, but just read this long one about a little sister of Draco's- do they ever SAY he's an only child?hmm-

ReputationRep:
    looks like PRILB has five members. Pretty good for a first day. Lets think of theoris about sirius. Anything about him. I bet he will still have an impact, Altho he is dead (?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    I know, I find that when I go away for the weekend, theres so much to catch up on, I end up keeping a little notebook with me to make sure I remember everything I want to say, as it is I still end up forgetting things.

I can't always kep up, in fact I can't at all...now with school it gets hard to read all those posts...it's like 2 pages a day, and sometimes when we wanna reply to something we can't...because it has already been discusted!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Join the club... now we just need a name... how about the padfoot club?

loool, that would be interesting

ReputationRep:
    or PRILB for Padfoot returns in later books. haha PRILB
    anyone wanna join?

you can count me in!!

ReputationRep:
    guess after all those years studying English I feel like place names are always important- hmm- maybe Harry Potter and the Legend of the Pig?

Normally don't read fanfic, but just read this long one about a little sister of Draco's- do they ever SAY he's an only child?hmm-

Little sister...hum...where did you read it!!
    it makes sense...I mean it's truth...my self I never read anything about her, but I also never heard about been only draco!

If he has a sister, do you guys think she would be as bad as draco is, and his parent's!?
    Sirius was from a family lika that and he was good! It would be realy cool if Lucius dather would be good, if she was in gryffindor!!

ReputationRep:
    looks like PRILB has five members. Pretty good for a first day. Lets think of theoris about sirius. Anything about him. I bet he will still have an impact, Altho he is dead (?)

Well I realy think he is dead...if he wasn't wouldn't dumbledore know??
    I would like a lot if he was alive, but no...he probably isn't!!
    but do you think harry will talk to him, I mean people can talk to dead, right??

Impact, maybe...there's a lot about sirius life that we don't know..!

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone there???

ReputationRep:
    that makes 6 of us in PRILB

ReputationRep:

Hogwart's
    Hog's Head
    Hogsmeade

did anyone know that there's a hog's head in glasgow? there's somewhere else also named in HP as well, but it has temporarily escaped my memory (these 2 places are really close together in glasgow.... strange or jus coincidence?)

lou xxx

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.