Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    didn't know that... that is kinda cool

(Original post by lou p lou)
    did anyone know that there's a hog's head in glasgow? there's somewhere else also named in HP as well, but it has temporarily escaped my memory (these 2 places are really close together in glasgow.... strange or jus coincidence?)

lou xxx
    jk has said that she uses place names as inspiration. i mean, i live in Dursley! so there u go! good idea if ur stuck on names for ur story characters - just have a walk around town and scribble down interesting street names

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    that makes 6 of us in PRILB
    7.....i want in

ReputationRep:
    excellent the more the merrier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcoverst)
    OK I got it. I'm a 39%.
    i got a 38%. im obsessed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    has anyone tried to make butterbeer? I'm going to try when I visit my sister this weekend- I saw a recipe with rootbeer, but some people say to substitute cream soda- I just wondered if there were any surefire BAD recipes I should avoid-

Here's the one I saw

warm 1 can rootbeer (or cream soda) in the microwave
    in a seperate dish, melt 2 teaspoons salted butter
    get a tablespoon of honey
    mix the melted butter into the rootbeer with the honey covered tablespoon until both are dissolved

another recipe I saw supposedly involves vanilla ice cream but everyone says tastes like apple pie, which is NOT my idea of butterbeer
    ohh u just made me remember something. when only like the third HP book was out me and my friend would pretend we had butterbeer. whenever we poured a soda and there was that fizz/bubble stuff at the top we would always say that we were drinking butterbeer. that was sooo long ago but it was rather funny. *chuckles as i remember the good ole days* lol.

ReputationRep:
    guess after all those years studying English I feel like place names are always important- hmm- maybe Harry Potter and the Legend of the Pig?

Normally don't read fanfic, but just read this long one about a little sister of Draco's- do they ever SAY he's an only child?hmm-
    hey i never noticed how many hogs/pigs there was in the books. also, remember ron's owls name is pigdeweon (sp?) and his nickname is pig! she must really like pigs and hogs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    that makes 6 of us in PRILB
    u can count me in as well! now there are 8 of us. oooo we are in our little club just like the DA. lol.

sorry im posting all these little posts. i only have a page left to read tho. whoo-hoo i'll be all caught up!

ReputationRep:
    hey i was just thinking. i bet that Moaning Myrtle will be coming back in book 6. i mean she was in every other book so far. she was in book 2 and book 4 so she will probably be in book 6. i wonder if she will play a bigger role in one of the upcoming books?? hmmm....

YAY! MY 100TH POST!!

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, if Draco had a sibling where were they at the Quidditch wolrd cup,? How mean would it be to take one child but not another!

ReputationRep:
    guess after all those years studying English I feel like place names are always important- hmm- maybe Harry Potter and the Legend of the Pig?

Normally don't read fanfic, but just read this long one about a little sister of Draco's- do they ever SAY he's an only child?hmm-
    if draco had a little sister,

a.)she would properly have come to Hogwarts by now
    b.) she would have been on the Black Family Tree.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there's any way she could believeably bring Sirius back- I mean- he's dead- dead is dead- much as I liked him, I'm pretty sure he's gone- maybe if Harry throws that other mirror through the veil, they can talk or something-

I doubt JK listens to anyone when she's writing- I wonder if she'll do that release of one chapter again-
    Yes, I think JK doesn't listen to people whe she's writing. If she listens to one, she has to listen to a million more people or they (ehem... we) will get jealous and no longer read her books... okay, so maybe we will still read her books

ack. a day goes by and there are 3 new pages! my vacation's over... waaaaah!

ReputationRep:

I read a lot of fanfic, Lily and James fiction in particular. There are a lot of good ones posted in Fanfiction.net! You can always ask me for the good ones It's really nice reading them coz some stories really give you the fluttery feeling, and some even can make you cry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic101)
    hey i never noticed how many hogs/pigs there was in the books. also, remember ron's owls name is pigdeweon (sp?) and his nickname is pig! she must really like pigs and hogs.
    wasn't that pidgeweon? let me check... oh. it does starts with pig Pigwidgeon

ReputationRep:
    do anyone of them tell you what their jobs were.

thats one thing i've always wanted to know. what did Lilly and James do for a living, and how did they get so rich. did they win the Daily Profeft Draw.

ReputationRep:
    maybe she does have a thing about Pigs, but who knows.

ReputationRep:
    see its her habit of collecting unusual names that made me wonder abotu the whole "hog" thing- she likes names that are unusual, so its kind of weird for her to use a group that are so similar-

as for weird names- if anyone lives near Edinborough- she admitted many times she gets most of her names from there- and the rest from places she's lived

ReputationRep:
    In the fan fic, Draco's little sister was in Ravenclaw and had been raised by muggles cause they thought she was a squib- but I agree- if he had one Harry would have seen it on the tree- although the line went from Narcissa and Lucius- maybe if they had kids with someone else...

One very annoying thing about fan fic is that alot of the authors dont FINISH- they write 10-15 chapters, get you hooked (even when its badly written) and then just end- very frustrating-

on the other hand, some of them give you that feeling like you can't tell the difference between fantasy and reality- you know when you get really into a book and you are reading and reading and then you look up or the phone rings and it takes you awhile for your mind to adjust? I love that feeling!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    if draco had a little sister,

a.)she would properly have come to Hogwarts by now
    b.) she would have been on the Black Family Tree.

Not exacly...remember that sirius wasn't in the black family tree because he was good, not like is family. maybedraco's sister is also good like sirius!

Hi!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.