Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    I am also however soon not to be.

I think we need a firm topic of conversation to be discussed...
    yeah, i'm here too... but i've exhausted just about all my harry potter views.

hmmm... question: If you could be any character in the films who would you be? *age, sex change, plastic surgery etc. is possible*

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    yeah, i'm here too... but i've exhausted just about all my harry potter views.

hmmm... question: If you could be any character in the films who would you be? *age, sex change, plastic surgery etc. is possible*

lou xxx
    i'd be Victor Krum. He is very kool.

ReputationRep:
    I think i found another mistake in book 5. In snape's memory Sirius say he would be surprised if he didn't get at least an "O" in DADA, but i thought "O" was as high as you can get?

I think i have new evidence of snape's being a death eater. When umbridge catches harry in her fire when Sirius is supposed to be in the ministry, she calls snape in. Harry is trying very hard to communicate. Snape stares at him multipile times. Now since snape is a ligilems he could look right at harry and find out who he was trying to talk to, but snape doesn't. This i find is very suspicous, bcuz snape is nosy, and i would want to know who he was talking to. All snape had to do was see what harry saw, and leave. This would have giving him time to check that Sirius was a HQ, and tell harry once he was released. It also says, " Snape's cold, dark eyes were boring into harry's, who met his gaze flinchingly......." So that gives it away that snape knew Sirius was "captured", but if harry didn't say anything, snape wouldn't have done anything. Wait, no nevermind that whole thing, i guess snape did understand... it still seems weird tho... i dunno how, but there is def. something fishy about snape. I am still convinced he is a death eater.

ReputationRep:
    Sirius.
    Hold on, bellatrix has a husband who is a death eater! It says so in book 4, in the scene in the graveyard. Volde says " The lestranges should stand here. But they are in Azkabn". I wonder which one her husband is?
    PRILB QOTD: Will Grimmauld place still be used a HQ?

ReputationRep:
    i am still very interested in knowing more about this potion that can stop death...
    Any guesses on what will happen to umbridge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    i am still very interested in knowing more about this potion that can stop death...
    Any guesses on what will happen to umbridge?
    umbridge should be turned into the toad she is!

ReputationRep:
    Sirius.
    Hold on, bellatrix has a husband who is a death eater! It says so in book 4, in the scene in the graveyard. Volde says " The lestranges should stand here. But they are in Azkabn". I wonder which one her husband is?
    PRILB QOTD: Will Grimmauld place still be used a HQ?
    bellatrix is married to rodolphus and he has a brother named rabastan.

i think grimmauld place will still be used because dumbledore put the fidelius charm on it, if someone is not in the order then they´re not going to be able to find it.

ReputationRep:
    i agree. plus it is the most sercure house ever made remember. it's the safest place to hold the headquarters of the OFTP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leroylina)
    bellatrix is married to rodolphus and he has a brother named rabastan.

i think grimmauld place will still be used because dumbledore put the fidelius charm on it, if someone is not in the order then they´re not going to be able to find it.
    How did u know that? oo the tree?

ReputationRep:
    How did u know that? oo the tree?
    yes, in OoTP, the chapter about the house of black.

ReputationRep:
    do we need a leader of PRILB?

ReputationRep:
    Can they do that though? I mean who would Sirius have left Grimmaud place to now he is dead?
    I would like it to be Harry or Lupin but I expect it will go to next of kin and next of kin that isnt a fugitive or in Azkaban would probably count as Narcissa Malfoy or Tonks mother, in either case they would have to move out of Grimmaud place.
    Kreacher although unable to reveal the specifics of the order can still prob say enough to incriminate them. Or are house elves inherited so the next owner of Grimmaud place gets Kreacher?

ReputationRep:
    i sure hope not... please no more kreacher... it's mostly his fault Sirius is dead

ReputationRep:
    Comments: JK said at the Royal Albert Hall that a hint of what was coming in HP6 was in the book she is now reading. In 'Bless Me Ultima' an owl contains the spirit of a good witch named Ultima. Fawkes may carry the spirit of Dumbledore, and only when this phoenix is destroyed can Dumbledore be killed.

hmmm we need to read this book!!!

ReputationRep:
    Comments: JK said at the Royal Albert Hall that a hint of what was coming in HP6 was in the book she is now reading. In 'Bless Me Ultima' an owl contains the spirit of a good witch named Ultima. Fawkes may carry the spirit of Dumbledore, and only when this phoenix is destroyed can Dumbledore be killed.

hmmm we need to read this book!!!
    yer, but we have to wait a while before we do. it will be another year at least

ReputationRep:
    I think i found another mistake in book 5. In snape's memory Sirius say he would be surprised if he didn't get at least an "O" in DADA, but i thought "O" was as high as you can get?

I think i have new evidence of snape's being a death eater. When umbridge catches harry in her fire when Sirius is supposed to be in the ministry, she calls snape in. Harry is trying very hard to communicate. Snape stares at him multipile times. Now since snape is a ligilems he could look right at harry and find out who he was trying to talk to, but snape doesn't. This i find is very suspicous, bcuz snape is nosy, and i would want to know who he was talking to. All snape had to do was see what harry saw, and leave. This would have giving him time to check that Sirius was a HQ, and tell harry once he was released. It also says, " Snape's cold, dark eyes were boring into harry's, who met his gaze flinchingly......." So that gives it away that snape knew Sirius was "captured", but if harry didn't say anything, snape wouldn't have done anything. Wait, no nevermind that whole thing, i guess snape did understand... it still seems weird tho... i dunno how, but there is def. something fishy about snape. I am still convinced he is a death eater.
    But I thought that Snape did go off and check for Sirius, but he couldn't de it really obviously coz then Umbridge would know something was going on. Again, I don't have my book in Leeds so I can't check, but I think at the end when Dumbledore's explaining everthing he mentions that Snape had gone to Grimmauld Place and that was how all the other Order members knew to go to the Ministry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leroylina)
    has anyone heard of any recent JK Rowling interviews?
    She should only be allowed to do interviews if she's finished writting the book. Interviews would just distract her from valuable writting time!

ReputationRep:
    do we need a leader of PRILB?
    I think as founder Padfoot90 should be leader.

Hope that Grimmauld Place will still be the Headquarters, guess it all depends on who has the best claim on the house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavender)
    I dont know if I actually had a favorite part!! I did like the choir singing to though, but Im real curious on what the dementors are going to look like!!!
    I found the singing scary. hehe... Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble I can imagine the dementors looking like the creepy ghouls who chase Frodo in LOTR.

(Original post by Padfoot90)
    Lestrange.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    Can they do that though? I mean who would Sirius have left Grimmaud place to now he is dead?
    I would like it to be Harry or Lupin but I expect it will go to next of kin and next of kin that isnt a fugitive or in Azkaban would probably count as Narcissa Malfoy or Tonks mother, in either case they would have to move out of Grimmaud place.
    Kreacher although unable to reveal the specifics of the order can still prob say enough to incriminate them. Or are house elves inherited so the next owner of Grimmaud place gets Kreacher?
    I think that house elves could be inherited not by the next owner of Grimmaud Place, but by a relative of the Black family.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.