Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    I think that house elves could be inherited not by the next owner of Grimmaud Place, but by a relative of the Black family.
    Who'd want Kreacher though? He's irritating!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    do we need a leader of PRILB?
    Yeah, you can become since you were the founder. You know i think that the Grimmaulds place should go to Harry.What if Sirius has writen a document or some thing in which he tells it will go to his godson.(harry,ofcourse)And I still dont believe Kreacher! HE is so mean! he might tell everything about the order to NArcissa,since padfoot died( I am not talking about you padfoot90.so dont think that i killed you.Hee,Hee! )
    Hey, I just remembered something!do you remember that Sirius told Harry that after running away from his family he lived in his own house.and that it was given by his uncle? So, where is that house? It can be important!? :confused: And I was thinking that what if HArry goes and asks Dumbledore that where were his parents Graveyard?Since voldemort rised with the help of his fathers bones, what if even harry's parents graveyard is important?huh? what do you think?
    I am just frustrated.I WANT THE SIXTH BOOK.Hope J.K.R releases it soon.Oh brother! my parents and my brother think that I have gone mad about harry potter.Theywill be telling my friends ( some are non-harrypotterish)"She has really gone mad.Just put some sense in her." As if I am going to stop reading harry potter duh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    I found the singing scary. hehe... Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble I can imagine the dementors looking like the creepy ghouls who chase Frodo in LOTR.

lestrange.
    that was taken from shakesspears, macbeth.

bubble, bubble, toil and trouble.
    fire burn and cauldren bubble.

he also started the whole, eye of newt thing.

ReputationRep:
    Gutted, went away to some lectures, expecting to find loads of posts to reply and noones said anything since I've been gone. Guess I'll just have to do my work instead of procrastinating now!

ReputationRep:
    Shes got quite a new baby i think book 6 might take some considerable time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    yeah, i'm here too... but i've exhausted just about all my harry potter views.

hmmm... question: If you could be any character in the films who would you be? *age, sex change, plastic surgery etc. is possible*

lou xxx
    any character int he film... i would like to be Sean Biggerstaff *drools*

But any character in the book... I would like to be Remus Lupin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    that was taken from shakesspears, macbeth.

bubble, bubble, toil and trouble.
    fire burn and cauldren bubble.

he also started the whole, eye of newt thing.
    great info the only shakespeare work i know by heart is a midsummer night's dream.. but i don't mean i memorized all the lines

(Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Who'd want Kreacher though? He's irritating!
    He's probably just irritating because he reluctantly follows Sirius. He would be faithful and obedient to the other Blacks, I suppose, so the others might want him.

ReputationRep:
    hey all! 3 day weekend- took me all morning to catch up

JK isn't really doing any interviews right now- she did a ton when book5 came out- but everyone's done that- they aren't going to be interested in her again until it looks like there is some info on book 6- they are interviewing the actors though- Emma Watson apparently acted like a little primadonna in one, although I haven't seen it- the new director has them in "muggle" clothes alot because he said he doesn't think they would wear robes in non classroom situations- I think he's wrong- its going to make the movie look dated- and in the books they are always in robes-

I'll join PRILB, but you should come up with a better name, like in HP- group name initials always spell something- like SPEW I'd help, but I'm not terribly clever at that sort of thing

I reread #5 this weekend-
    1) They say many times that Bellatrix Lestrange's husband and brother-in-law's names (Rodolphus and Rabastan, right?) not just on the family tree

2) On the famly tree- it says Narcissa Black, connected by a double gold line to Lucius Malfoy, then a single line from them both that says Draco- however, since Andromeda Blak was blasted off, her husband and Tonks are not on the tree at all- I htink if you get blasted off, so do your descendants- hence the Weasley's aren't on there at all

3) Sirius's uncle DID leave him a bunch of money, not a house- I'm sure he just rented a house, or that the house was sold after he was sent to Azkaban- so he COULD leave Harry stuff- I'd rather he left it to Lupin though- needs it more

4)Voldemort took Bellatrix with him when he left (some asked that like 20 pages ago and no one answered) one of the MOM employees mentions that he say Voldemort "grab that woman and dissappear"- hmm- Voldie/Bella love nest?

5) I've forgotten what else I was goign to say!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    2) On the famly tree- it says Narcissa Black, connected by a double gold line to Lucius Malfoy, then a single line from them both that says Draco- however, since Andromeda Blak was blasted off, her husband and Tonks are not on the tree at all- I htink if you get blasted off, so do your descendants- hence the Weasley's aren't on there at all
    How are the Weasley's related to the Blacks again?

ReputationRep:
    I'll join PRILB, but you should come up with a better name, like in HP- group name initials always spell something- like SPEW I'd help, but I'm not terribly clever at that sort of thing
    Should be working but decided to try and come up with some accronyms, failing miserably, but its yet another way to procrastimate (my new favourite word btw)

ReputationRep:
    Sirius said Molly is his second cousin and Arthur is his third cousin by marriage or something like that-

ReputationRep:
    How about:

Padfoot
    Returns
    fOr
    Next
    Great
    Sequel

ReputationRep:
    Now I remember! I tied the butterbeer recipe with cream soda- it actually tasted pretty good! well, it tasted like cream soda with a sense of butterscotch- the trick seemed to mix Smuckers butterscotch topping with a little soda and put in the microwave for 30 seconds, then stir and add to a glass of cream soda- it foams up alot- I didn't try to add butter to it- I'll try that part tonight- I REALLY don't think it would work with root beer, but I'm going to try ginger ale next week- I htink that might take the sickly sweet part out

ReputationRep:
    Now I remember! I tied the butterbeer recipe with cream soda- it actually tasted pretty good! well, it tasted like cream soda with a sense of butterscotch- the trick seemed to mix Smuckers butterscotch topping with a little soda and put in the microwave for 30 seconds, then stir and add to a glass of cream soda- it foams up alot- I didn't try to add butter to it- I'll try that part tonight- I REALLY don't think it would work with root beer, but I'm going to try ginger ale next week- I htink that might take the sickly sweet part out
    Let me know the best recipie, I'm considering having a Harry Potter party for my 21st in the new year, some food stuff would be good. Wonder if adding vodka would help.....

ReputationRep:
    The recipe I found on Mugglenet says you can use either cream soda or club soda. The club soda wouldn't make it too sweet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcoverst)
    The recipe I found on Mugglenet says you can use either cream soda or club soda. The club soda wouldn't make it too sweet.
    Are there lots of recipes on Mugglenet? Is it worth looking at? I can't really look right now, it'd be frowned upon by the guy from ISS stood right behind me!. I can get away with this site coz it says learning on it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Are there lots of recipes on Mugglenet? Is it worth looking at? I can't really look right now, it'd be frowned upon by the guy from ISS stood right behind me!. I can get away with this site coz it says learning on it!

Here is the address. There are only 5 recipes.

http://www.mugglenet.com/misc/rosmertas/

Butterbeer
    Pumpkin Juice
    Pumpkinshake
    Ton-Tongue Toffee
    Treacle Fudge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcoverst)
    Here is the address. There are only 5 recipes.

http://www.mugglenet.com/misc/rosmertas/

Butterbeer
    Pumpkin Juice
    Pumpkinshake
    Ton-Tongue Toffee
    Treacle Fudge
    Thanks, I'll write that down and try it later.

ReputationRep:
    Can I just ask- what exactly is 'soda'? Fizzy drink sort of thing?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, It's a carbon gas that is pumped into the drink before bottleing. I don't exactly how it works. But the old time soda shops could make you what ever type of "soda" you wanted by mixing soda water (carbonated water) with syrup flavorings.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.