The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3820
Dont like Daniel Huh?? Im suprised you would think that, He looks exactly like what I would picture Harry in the book, (except for the blue/green eyes thing) And after reading the different interviews of him and seeing him interviewed on TV, I didnt get that idea at all. (the fact that his parents are in movie bus.)

Dude
Daneil Radcliff makes a rubbish Harry. he hasn't even read the books and the onlyt reason he got the part was because his father and mother are high up in the movie business.
Reply 3821
To be honest, I don't think you can ever have a perfect harry. We've all got an image in our head about what the character should look like and act like. It's the same with other characters. I do agree that the casting for Harry could have been better.
Reply 3822
you're right Xenon. we all do have a picture of what all the characters/places look like. and they will never get it perfect for everyone.
Reply 3823
Dude
you're right Xenon. we all do have a picture of what all the characters/places look like. and they will never get it perfect for everyone.

They could have a done a better job of getting Dan to resemble the Harry in the books. Mess his hair up, change his eye color with contact lenses'. I wonder why they didn't do that? Also, I always thought of Ron as taller, he just seems a bit short to me.
Reply 3824
i no what u mean. that was the biggest critasim everyone made. Ron aint tall enough.
Reply 3825
Appearances aside, I thought Daniel's acting was, well...pants quite frankly.
Reply 3826
pants? if"pants" is bad, i totally agree. I never thought anyone could look so stupid running as daniel did down that long bridge thing in the chamber, and, like u said the whole hagrid thing was enough to make me sick.
Reply 3827
chrisbphd
The whole Harry Potter affair is pathetic.

and remind me again why we should care what u think?
Reply 3828
Egan1
Agreed. "Howarts is no place without you Hargid" *shudder* Make it go away!

No.

ohh man i know! i almost had to get up and leave during that part. and when goyle gets up and starts clapping? ooo jeeze that was the worst thing i have ever seen
Reply 3829
I was flipping the channels and "The Borrowers" is on TV tonight. So I thought I'd see ole Draco in action. If you look real close you know its him. But has anyone ever realized that the Borrowers of this story look alot like the Weasley's. Also, the guy that play exterminator Jeff is Mark Williams who plays Arthur Weasley.
Reply 3830
Where/When is that on, Ive never seen it!

kcoverst
I was flipping the channels and "The Borrowers" is on TV tonight. So I thought I'd see ole Draco in action. If you look real close you know its him. But has anyone ever realized that the Borrowers of this story look alot like the Weasley's. Also, the guy that play exterminator Jeff is Mark Williams who plays Arthur Weasley.
Reply 3831
who do u think will stay acting for all the films. i reckon the guy who plays nelieve will be in all of them.
Reply 3832
Egan1
No no, they mean should they do book four in two movies or squeeze it into one.

I think it's probably far too much to fit into a few hours but they'll probably mutilate it whatever they do so I'm not overly bothered.
It would be benefitial to them to make more movies- assuming the profits outweighed the costs.

Damn, I've forgotten the rest of what I meant to say. Ah well...

I think I heard somewhere that tey were only gonna do one film, but I might've imagined that. Really hope they don't, book 1 came across as hurriwed in the film, and GOF is 3 times longer, they can't realistically make the film 6 hours long! And theres not really anything that could be left out, everything in that book is really important to the story.Very upset that quidditch has been left out of PoA
PadFoot90
pants? if"pants" is bad, i totally agree. I never thought anyone could look so stupid running as daniel did down that long bridge thing in the chamber, and, like u said the whole hagrid thing was enough to make me sick.

I'm wondering if any of you guys noticed the change in Daniel's voice in the first movie. that was funny :biggrin: i heard that he was undergoing puberty at that time, so his voice was changing. LOL

yeah... mess his hair up a little bit!!! can't he wear contacts, though?

but really... i wish they could've casted a more handsome ron :P
Prongs_TheGreat
What do you think about the fourth film? will it be made in two parts?If they make it in one part they have to cutmany of the parts.And it wont be so exciting if half of the book is cut.
And there will be a lot of animation.And how will Voldie look like?

I am waiting to see the Quidditch world cup!And the end part.It should be exciting!Will Dan,rupert and Emma be acting for all the seven books.I hope so they do!They are fit for it! :smile:

I don't think they'd make two parts of the fourth film, coz I don't think they want people complaining or waiting for the next half. But it would really suck if they cut a lot of parts. Hmm... make it a 5-hour movie, perhaps? :biggrin:

Dan, Rupert and Emma can't act for all seven books. It takes, what, 2-3 years to make the movies. By the time the next book is ready for shooting, they'd be too old for the part. Just like in the 3rd movie... they don't look like 13!!!
Dude
who do u think will stay acting for all the films. i reckon the guy who plays nelieve will be in all of them.

hagrid and the hogwarts staff
Reply 3836
ladyblitzer
I don't think they'd make two parts of the fourth film, coz I don't think they want people complaining or waiting for the next half. But it would really suck if they cut a lot of parts. Hmm... make it a 5-hour movie, perhaps? :biggrin:

Dan, Rupert and Emma can't act for all seven books. It takes, what, 2-3 years to make the movies. By the time the next book is ready for shooting, they'd be too old for the part. Just like in the 3rd movie... they don't look like 13!!!

Maybe if they released the two parts simultaniously, with cinemas running screenings so the films coincided, so you could watch the first half then have a half hour break to go to the loo, get more popcorn etc then go back in to see the second half! Maybe with a special deal if you watched both films at once.....

Sorry, was getting a bit carried away!
Reply 3837
Dude

Assuming Neville lives to the end of the series! I think Hagrid is the most likely to stay, it'll be easier for the adults to keep their parts because they won't age as noticable as the children, if you get me, and Robbie Coltrane is my favourite in the films!
Reply 3838
ditzy blonde
Assuming Neville lives to the end of the series! I think Hagrid is the most likely to stay, it'll be easier for the adults to keep their parts because they won't age as noticable as the children, if you get me, and Robbie Coltrane is my favourite in the films!

yeah, i think he was casted the best (hagrid)

QOTH: will hagrid die in the series?
Reply 3839
Sounds good to me!!! I wouldnt mind watching a 6 hour movie. Shoot, Pride and Prejudice is almost that long and I love it!!!

I would rather see them do an awesome job in the movie for the fourth book then cut out stuff. The Goblet of Fire is my favorite!!!

Besides the fact the second movie seemed more about special affects then the real plot of the story. That sucked!!!

ditzy blonde
Maybe if they released the two parts simultaniously, with cinemas running screenings so the films coincided, so you could watch the first half then have a half hour break to go to the loo, get more popcorn etc then go back in to see the second half! Maybe with a special deal if you watched both films at once.....

Sorry, was getting a bit carried away!

Latest