Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    I would have to agree that all the Hogwarts staff will remain the same and the adults. (hopefully)

Why cant they just go out now and make the 4th and 5th simultaneously like they did the Lord of the Rings!!!! You cant tell me they dont have enough money to do it!!!! And then hopefully when they are done with 5 book 6 will be out and they can make 6!!

(Original post by Dude)
    who do u think will stay acting for all the films. i reckon the guy who plays nelieve will be in all of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavender)
    I would have to agree that all the Hogwarts staff will remain the same and the adults. (hopefully)

Why cant they just go out now and make the 4th and 5th simultaneously like they did the Lord of the Rings!!!! You cant tell me they dont have enough money to do it!!!! And then hopefully when they are done with 5 book 6 will be out and they can make 6!!
    But it would look a little silly to have one set of main children for 3/4 movies, and then a totally different set for the rest.

ReputationRep:
    i thought Hagrid was going to die in book five, but now that he hasn't i reckon he will be a perrimant character.

ReputationRep:
    Most of the shows out about teens are actually played by adults anyway. I think if they kept going they would have no problem keeping the same kids in the movies.

Actually, I have no idea what you mean. Either you misunderstood my post or we're talking about two different things??

(Original post by Xenon)
    But it would look a little silly to have one set of main children for 3/4 movies, and then a totally different set for the rest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PHIL)
    I disagree with Harry Potter
    God really doesn't exist, does he?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavender)
    Sounds good to me!!! I wouldnt mind watching a 6 hour movie. Shoot, Pride and Prejudice is almost that long and I love it!!!
    Hurray! *chuckles* I have a thing with that series- so well made and casted. I have watching sprees every few months where I dig up the videos and watch. Infact it was within the last two weeks I had them out and watched the series 3 times within a matter of days. Went through it all last Sunday. Ah dear...

Apparently a local cinema is going to be doing runthroughs of all 3 LOTR movies -Hurrah! Me and my sister certainly plan to attend. It'll be a long day but an enjoyable one

ReputationRep:
    hey! im back from NYC. it was awesome btw! we went to a planet hollywood restaurant for dinner one night and i was looking at the celebrities who had their handprints in concrete and i saw Gary Oldman's handprints. i was like "ooooo!" and tonight i was listening to the radio and they were talking about a movie called "sid and nassy" (something along those lines) and they said that Gary Oldman starred in it.
    geeze he is all over the place. lol.

ohh btw i hope that they make movie 4 all in one movie. otherwise i will be so anxious to see the second part of it and would end up waiting for it to be released. i want them to make it like a 3 1/2 hr. movie but still have all the major plot lines. i guess we will just have to wait and see what they decide to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Hurray! *chuckles* I have a thing with that series- so well made and casted. I have watching sprees every few months where I dig up the videos and watch. Infact it was within the last two weeks I had them out and watched the series 3 times within a matter of days. Went through it all last Sunday. Ah dear...

Apparently a local cinema is going to be doing runthroughs of all 3 LOTR movies -Hurrah! Me and my sister certainly plan to attend. It'll be a long day but an enjoyable one
    i must admit i have become addicted to LOTR lately, but no where near the likes of hp

ReputationRep:
    It's Sid and Nancy the life story of Sid Vicious from the Sex Pistols! Do you know who they are??? Anyway, courtney love plays Nancy, pretty wraunchy flick.

(Original post by Magic101)
    hey! im back from NYC. it was awesome btw! we went to a planet hollywood restaurant for dinner one night and i was looking at the celebrities who had their handprints in concrete and i saw Gary Oldman's handprints. i was like "ooooo!" and tonight i was listening to the radio and they were talking about a movie called "sid and nassy" (something along those lines) and they said that Gary Oldman starred in it.
    geeze he is all over the place. lol.

ohh btw i hope that they make movie 4 all in one movie. otherwise i will be so anxious to see the second part of it and would end up waiting for it to be released. i want them to make it like a 3 1/2 hr. movie but still have all the major plot lines. i guess we will just have to wait and see what they decide to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    i must admit i have become addicted to LOTR lately, but no where near the likes of hp
    Well my addiction to the films is quite severe. The LOTR ones that is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic101)
    they will never do a 3 1/2 hour movie cos people won't sit in the cinema for that long. i would, but most parents wouldn't bother. plus the HP moives are 2 1/2 hours at the most. so either they will make two separate films, or make one film with loads of senes cut out and many rushed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    they will never do a 3 1/2 hour movie cos people won't sit in the cinema for that long. i would, but most parents wouldn't bother. plus the HP moives are 2 1/2 hours at the most. so either they will make two separate films, or make one film with loads of senes cut out and many rushed.
    I guess with a lot of children wanting to see the film they won't make it too long coz the kids won't sit through it, they'd just be fidgetting(sp?!) by the end of it

ReputationRep:
    yer, and parents will get annoyed with their kids fidgetting, keep asking to go the toliet, wanted a drink. it will be just too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    yer, and parents will get annoyed with their kids fidgetting, keep asking to go the toliet, wanted a drink. it will be just too much
    Exactly, so someone from Warner bros should steal my ideas posted earlier and pay me lots of money for coming up with them! Then it won't matter so much when I fail my degree because its too hard because I'll have something to fall back on!

ReputationRep:
    really, eeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr

what are those idea's again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    really, eeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr

what are those idea's again
    About making two films and releasing them simultaniously and having cinema screenings carefully timed so you could watch the first part then have half an hour break to go to the toilet, get more popcorn etc, then go and watch the second part, with discounted tickets if you watched both parts on the same day!

I put a lot of thought into it! Don't go stealing my ideas and selling them to Warner Bros yourself now, that'd just be rude!

ReputationRep:
    that is a good idea, but even with an 1/2 hour break i dount that parents with want to spend a whole day at the cinema.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    that is a good idea, but even with an 1/2 hour break i dount that parents with want to spend a whole day at the cinema.
    But then they'd have the option of coming back the following week to see the second part, see, its a fantastic idea, caters for everyones needs!

ReputationRep:
    BRILLIANT

"applaudes ditzy blonde" well done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    BRILLIANT

"applaudes ditzy blonde" well done.
    Now we just need to persuade Warner bros its a good idea and to pay me lots of money! maybe I should've done marketing instead of maths!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.