Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

Hi! I'm new here!

i just wanna say somethin bout the sixth book which is DEFINITELY (hopefully, my fingers are crossed) gunna come true:

Harry is gunna hav the time of his life at his summer vacation! not sure if somone already thought ofit in other posts but when i started in page 1 and continued to page 103 ( yup, my eyes are red. i just found out about this site today) i thought that i'll just post this idea immediately..
    this might actually come true right? i mean..the dursleys were freaked out of moody...

ReputationRep:
    wow good job! i'm not sure if it did show up in the book though. did it?

thanx
    If found evidence supporting the fact that Sirius died, and against it. Evidence he died : the room was called the death chamber
    Evidence he is still alive: In the end of book talk, harry says " i don't have powers volde doesn't know, i can't kill people of posses (sp?) them" And dumbledore says talks about the power of love, and he says "the power if took for you to save Sirius tonight". Did he mean he really saved him? from what? or.. i dunno i sounds kinda like a mistake to me.

ReputationRep:
    i was reading the part in the department of mysterers (sp?) and that room that dumbdledore talked about is "kept locked at all times" That must be the door harry tried to open with Sirius knife, but it melted! he was that close!!!

ReputationRep:
    Also in the big battle scene, i was dissapointed by all most all the order's preformences. Tonks got hurt bad pretty quickly, moody is supposed to be the best auror ever but he got hurt quickly, kingsley fought ok, Sirius did really well, and lupin didn't play much of a role. I expected way better from tonks and def. moody when thet death eaters couldn't even beat harry and co. although they couldn't hurt harry bcuz they needed the prophecy they could have killed ron, neville, luna hermy and ginny, but they couldn't. Sirius did really well fighting bella, consdiering she learned DADA straight from volde.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe this thread has had over 34,000 hits!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angel_dragon)
    Hi! I'm new here!

i just wanna say somethin bout the sixth book which is DEFINITELY (hopefully, my fingers are crossed) gunna come true:

Harry is gunna hav the time of his life at his summer vacation! not sure if somone already thought ofit in other posts but when i started in page 1 and continued to page 103 ( yup, my eyes are red. i just found out about this site today) i thought that i'll just post this idea immediately..
    this might actually come true right? i mean..the dursleys were freaked out of moody...
    With the thought of Sirius dead (?), nearly leading all his friends to their deaths, the real rise of volde, waiting for OWLS AND knowing that he either has to kill or be killed? Doesn't sound to cheerful to me....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    'snog' took me awhile- I had some image of a really wet hickey on someones cheek while making a snorting noise
    Oh dear...I just burst out laughing at an embarrassing volume.

(Original post by Dude)
    yer, these days u say "getting off", "neckin" and the classic "tongue wreasel"
    Never heard of the last two (?!). Tongue weasel? *chuckles*

(Original post by Sire)
    awww c'mon, what ever happened to the legendary 'tonsil hockey'?
    Rings no bells either.

(Original post by angel_dragon)
    Harry is gunna hav the time of his life at his summer vacation!
    I highly doubt it. Sirius has just died, he'll be feeling awful and will probably become withdrawn.

(Original post by PadFoot90)
    vidence he died : the room was called the death chamber
    Er? When did it say that? I believe he is dead but I don't recall that piece of information.

ReputationRep:
    With the thought of Sirius dead (?), nearly leading all his friends to their deaths, the real rise of volde, waiting for OWLS AND knowing that he either has to kill or be killed? Doesn't sound to cheerful to me....
    Should have read your response before posting.

Like he said (points above)

---

(Original post by kcoverst)
    Did we already discuss this or did I read somewhere else that it was some type of protection. His Uncle had never really tried to kill Harry until this time.
    Kill Harry? He wasn't trying to kill him, just shake him up a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Oh dear...I just burst out laughing at an embarrassing volume.

Never heard of the last two (?!). Tongue weasel? *chuckles*

Rings no bells either.

I highly doubt it. Sirius has just died, he'll be feeling awful and will probably become withdrawn.

Er? When did it say that? I believe he is dead but I don't recall that piece of information.
    At the ministry, when fudge comes dumbldedore says " you find some death eaters down in the death chamber, awaiting your decsion as too what to do with them" ..... well it was along those lines

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Should have read your response before posting.

Like he said (points above)

---

Kill Harry? He wasn't trying to kill him, just shake him up a bit.
    thats ok, at least we agree on it

ReputationRep:
    At the ministry, when fudge comes dumbldedore says " you find some death eaters down in the death chamber, awaiting your decsion as too what to do with them" ..... well it was along those lines
    Fair enough then.

ReputationRep:
    I have been looking at all the anti harry threads, if i may borrow an expression from one of the books it's hard to to "glower with pride" when reading them. In each one 2 or 3 members of this thread come and post tons of stuff about how great HP is, and end the whole anti harry stuff. This is why there are so many anti harry threads i think...

I really don't understand harry haters.... how can they hate the books that much? They aren't hurting anyone and everyone knows it's fake so all those witchcraft excuses are down the drain. I see no reason to hate the hp books (not that i ever did)They are good books, and people who say adults shouldn't read them, it's absoulty none of their business what adults who like the books read. If they hate them so much, why do they spend so much time talking about them? Dont they have better things to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaft)
    or maybe dumbledore cast a charm over him, protecting him when in danger - he cast the charm thet meant Umbridge had to let go of CHo's friend in the office (end of book 5)
    taht won't happen. dumberdore says at the end of book 5 that even he doesn't know a powerful charm spell, apart from his mothers blood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Fair enough then.
    page 817

ReputationRep:
    Hogwarts has got to be in Scotland since the train leaves in london and spends a whole day travelling north.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blamps)
    I can't believe this thread has had over 34,000 hits!
    uhhh hits?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Hogwarts has got to be in Scotland since the train leaves in london and spends a whole day travelling north.
    oo good point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    but its a magical train and goes to magical places

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    I remember spotting it at the time, well, once I'd finished the whole book and Dumbledore had done his whole revelattion thing.

Did everyone else notice the number for the Ministry of Magic 62442 spells magic on a phone pad?
    another good observation, nope i didn't give it a second thought

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    but its a magical train and goes to magical places
    true

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.