The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
I dont't know if you guys are interested (I know i was) but i found some pictures from the movie "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban." All you have to do is go to:

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/index.html

when you get to the site, scroll about half way down it and you will find links. when you click on the links the pics will be there.

it has a pic of everybody in the shrieking shack and one of harry and hermione when the dementors are coming. there are also a couple w/ the some of the cast and the new director. Well, i hope you guys like the pics. I thought they were pretty interesting! :cool:
Reply 381
*looks at the pictures in horror!* noooo! Whoever is doing the casting should be shot! Lupin looks terrible and Sirius is not remotely attractive and is way too old- WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!!! Why oh why are the films so bad! *sobs*
Ah well...

I am sure JK will do whatever she wants with the books- she has already mapped out what is going to happen- she wouldn't change the ending to suit people...but there's no harm in guessing at it :P (it's unlikely anyone will be able to predict what is going to happen...)
Reply 382
i think that Harry might die at the end of book 7. I definately think that Voldemort will die because that would just be horrible for him to live and kill or at least conquer everyone in the whole world. I dont think that JKR would let that happen. this is what i think will happen:
there will be some kind of big battle between the two sides. the main two people fighting would be Voldemort and Harry. then since they cant use wands to duel because of the priori incanteum (sp?) they have to use some other magic. what if they cursed each other at the same time? that way they would both die. i think that at the end of the book, both of them will end up dying (JKR has kind of hinted that Harry may not survive). Or maybe they will curse each other and Voldemort will die first and then someone will heal Harry before he dies. well that's just what i think might happen. at least maybe somthing along those lines.
Reply 383
Hey thanks for being the first person to properly answer the original question for ages. I totally agree with the comment of the actors playing Lupin and Sirius. they both seem way too old, and considering the fact thatRemus is mentioned in the book as being young looking, the actors seem out of place in my opinion. NOT what I expected. Get the casting right!
Reply 384
There are probably thousands of theories flying out there, and out of them, there are probably just a handful of people who might be anywhere near guessing the end, if any. I was thinking about the fact that Harry and Voldemort cannot duel each other using wands. Does that mean that only if they say the spells at the same time, then they can't, or can they chuck spells at each other as long as they aren't at the same time? There might be other weapons to fight Voldie.
Reply 385
I have had a nagging question but i am not sure we know the answer yet, but here goes:

In the prophecy it says that the one who has powers to vanquish the dark lord will be born to parents who have thrice defied him (voldemort).

So this means harry's and nevill's parents have escaped voldemort three times. Hmmmmmm........ We all know harry is the only one to have survived the killing curse, how come voldemort did not try to kill lily and james? And i hope we find out how they escaped voldemort three times, it was never mentioned before. How come dumbledore, hagrid, lupin or even sirius tell harry this before??? weird

P.S. What was that thing about harry being 23? he's 15, or he was last time i checked
Reply 386
oops, sorry for posting the same thing twice. My bad
Reply 387
I want to know what Lilly and James did for a job...and I hope we're going to get more details about their earlier lives and how they got together etc etc
Unregistered
just posting to make an opinion.....remember back when harry was born ..and voldemort killed his parents...how come he could not kill harry....no one knows...he then "marked" harry as his equal knowing that he could not not kill him because he was just as powerful..thats what i think..and don't be worried to explode in my face with a different opinion don't mind at all

That really makes sense!
i agree with Egan1. i want to know what lily and james potter did for careers. also i think it would be a good idea to have a book telling of the events leading up to Voldemort's rise to power. For example, gathering death eaters, finding out about Order of the Phoenix, telling how he attacks people and sends up the dark mark, and stuff like that.
Reply 390
i would LOVE a prequill. Something like " Harry Potter And The Rise Of Evil" or "Lord Voldemort And The Rise Of The Death Eaters".
*Sigh* that would be great
Reply 391
SiriusFan
i would LOVE a prequill. Something like " Harry Potter And The Rise Of Evil" or "Lord Voldemort And The Rise Of The Death Eaters".
*Sigh* that would be great

Lots of Sirius for you ey? :P
Reply 392
The thing about him being 23 I think is that at the leaky caldren.com it has dates for everything and it said that Harry was 16 in 1996 and now it's 2003 so now he's 23.
Reply 393
Unregistered
i agree with Egan1. i want to know what lily and james potter did for careers. also i think it would be a good idea to have a book telling of the events leading up to Voldemort's rise to power. For example, gathering death eaters, finding out about Order of the Phoenix, telling how he attacks people and sends up the dark mark, and stuff like that.

sorry that was me. i forgot to login earlier.
Reply 394
Egan1
*looks at the pictures in horror!* noooo! Whoever is doing the casting should be shot! Lupin looks terrible and Sirius is not remotely attractive and is way too old- WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!!! Why oh why are the films so bad! *sobs*)

oh my god...i could not agree more..i mean i kno sirius should look run down and tired...but maybe a little bit younger looking would have helped...hey then again its probably just a bad picture..u never know with these people...they either choose someone that looks exactly like he should or some one who looks nothing like it..am i right?

CR
Reply 395
CR3
they either choose someone that looks exactly like he should or some one who looks nothing like it..am i right?

The only person in the Harry Potter films that I felt suited the role was Hagrid-Robbie Coltrain...but then I hated the films in general- perhaps because I am a great fan of the books but I have to say I thought a lot of the acting- especially Harry's (*tries to remember actors name 'something R-something?'*)- ah yes, Daniel Radcliff's was pretty poor...but there we go...
Reply 396
and now...dumbledore died so they have a new guy that looks completely different from the last one...or at least in my opinion

CR
Reply 397
hpfan
The thing about him being 23 I think is that at the leaky caldren.com it has dates for everything and it said that Harry was 16 in 1996 and now it's 2003 so now he's 23.

Ok, I feel I should explain as I started the whole thing about harry being 23, in book 2 Harry is 12. They go to Nick's 500th deathday party and it says on the cake or something, Sir Nicolas de Mimsy-Porpington ????-1492 (sorry, can't remember the first date) Which would make it 1992 in book 2, so Harry must've been born in 1980, making him 23 this year!

I also agree about the films, in the first one I thought Lily and James looked far to old, I imagined the mirror to show them as they were when they died, I also imagined them to have had Harry quite young so they looked far to old in the film. In my head Sirius is really fit, and Gary Oldman (Sirius in the film) really isn't. I don't think any of the characters in the films are fat enough either, Dudley's almost skinny in the films, and I though Myrtle and Dobby should both have been rounder, but I might've just imagined that from reading the books!
Reply 398
ooo funny that u pick up on that birthday stuff...i always thought he was just 15....but i read over that part in book two and it all makes sense..

CR
Reply 399
I always thought of the Marauder bunch as being reasonably good looking, except Wormtail who would be a timid looking guy. Although I expect that Lupin would be the slightly more serious one, as he doesn't seem to get into as much trouble. I want to see what Wormtail would look like in the film. Doubt he would have the right image for me though.

Latest

Trending

Trending