Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    Was that Hogwarts? You may be referring to St. Mungo's or the Ministry of Magic.
    geeze umm im having trouble finding it. im just skimming the pages in book 4. i thought they mentioned it when talking about how come muggles dont run into the quidditch world cup stadium. but now i cant seem to find that part. maybe i have been looking too far in that part...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    like he escaped. coz i was thinking that he vanished because of something Dumbledore did?
    ohh ok. i thought that voldie dissappeared on his own. i never thought that it was because of something dumbledore did because it says that voldie grabbed bellatrix and then dissappeared. he wouldnt have had time to grab her if it was something that dumbledore did to make him vanish. get what im saying?

ReputationRep:
    i am pretty sure it was hogwarts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic101)
    ohh ok. i thought that voldie dissappeared on his own. i never thought that it was because of something dumbledore did because it says that voldie grabbed bellatrix and then dissappeared. he wouldnt have had time to grab her if it was something that dumbledore did to make him vanish. get what im saying?
    yes, he left on his own when he saw the aurors coming
    , and grabed bella

ReputationRep:
    First Post On 200!!!! (above)

ReputationRep:
    geeze umm im having trouble finding it. im just skimming the pages in book 4. i thought they mentioned it when talking about how come muggles dont run into the quidditch world cup stadium. but now i cant seem to find that part. maybe i have been looking too far in that part...
    Yup, Mr weasley mentioned it during the world cup, when Harry asked a question. Also he said that they would come and then somehow remember that they had to be elsewhere or something. Oh yeah, and it's brill to be on 200 pages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    i am pretty sure it was hogwarts
    yea so am i. i just cant find it anywhere in the books and it is driving me crazy. i am determined to find it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Oh yeah, and it's brill to be on 200 pages.
    yea 200! way to go guys!

ReputationRep:
    in book 4 hermione says that whenever a muggle looks at hogwarts or other magical place all they see is an old house or a sing that says danger. she said it while discussing the other magical schools.

ReputationRep:
    It was bewitched to resemble something else. Just like portkeys. The one they used in Book 4 was a gumboot I think. Not something a muggle would be likely to go out of his/her way to pick up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    It was bewitched to resemble something else. Just like portkeys. The one they used in Book 4 was a gumboot I think. Not something a muggle would be likely to go out of his/her way to pick up.
    portkeys aren´t bewitched to resemble something else, wizards just take whatever object they want and turn it into a portkey. like an old shoe.

ReputationRep:
    yea so am i. i just cant find it anywhere in the books and it is driving me crazy. i am determined to find it.
    if it was mentioned sometime during the world cup, then it must be somewhere in the first few chapters of book 4

ReputationRep:
    So tell me, how does the story end? Do Voldemort and Harry meet in a final showdown? Or does JKR go for something a little more obscure such as having Harry take the DA (Dumbledore's Army) a little further to rival the Death Eaters? Dumbledore does die right? I mean he is the father figure. Damn that woman. She writes 5 extraordinary books and leaves an audience hanging for so long. Perhaps some fan mail should be written to her directing her attention to this forum. Copy and paste for book 6 maybe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered99)
    People like you were told at too early an age that there was no such thing as Father Christmas. Have a little fun, pour yourself a stiff drink and kill that incredible bug that you have up your a$$.
    Brilliant, utterly brilliant. Kudos Unregistered99

ReputationRep:
    *lights some of Fred and George's magical fireworks*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    So tell me, how does the story end? Do Voldemort and Harry meet in a final showdown? Or does JKR go for something a little more obscure such as having Harry take the DA (Dumbledore's Army) a little further to rival the Death Eaters? Dumbledore does die right? I mean he is the father figure. Damn that woman. She writes 5 extraordinary books and leaves an audience hanging for so long. Perhaps some fan mail should be written to her directing her attention to this forum. Copy and paste for book 6 maybe.
    i don't think dumbledore's gonna die. If he is, probably in book 7. Coz Harry's definitely gonna be lost if he died next book.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, Hogwarts is probably in Scotland rather than the north of England, but we don't know for sure. If you travel good old GNER from Kings Cross to Newcastle it takes about 6 hours, making it about dinner time when they arrived at Hogwarts, however, I think Hogwarts is described as been in a mountainous area, and snowing alot, which seems more likely to be Scotland than England, it never snows properly in England!

The building used for Hogwarts in the film is in England, I'm almost certain its either Durham castle or cathedral, (Durham being in the very north of England, quite close to Scotland. Hagrid's hut on the other hand is in Scotland, right next to a really busy motorway! Gringott's is the Austrailian embassy in London, and there is an actually 4 Privet Drive which is appearantly worth a small fortune!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Ok, Hogwarts is probably in Scotland rather than the north of England, but we don't know for sure. If you travel good old GNER from Kings Cross to Newcastle it takes about 6 hours, making it about dinner time when they arrived at Hogwarts, however, I think Hogwarts is described as been in a mountainous area, and snowing alot, which seems more likely to be Scotland than England, it never snows properly in England!

The building used for Hogwarts in the film is in England, I'm almost certain its either Durham castle or cathedral, (Durham being in the very north of England, quite close to Scotland. Hagrid's hut on the other hand is in Scotland, right next to a really busy motorway! Gringott's is the Austrailian embassy in London, and there is an actually 4 Privet Drive which is appearantly worth a small fortune!
    Wow! Cool info What places in HP are actually real places? I mean, Kent and Surrey, are they really places in England?

ReputationRep:
    herimonie metions it in book 4 when she is disscussing other schools. she says that the other schools may be unplotable, then she says that whenever a muggle sees Hogwarts all they see is an old, ruin castle with a sign saying Danger, Not Safe.

I've worked out that the jorney to Hogwarts must take about 7-8 hours. we know that the train leaves at 11 and spends the whole day traveling north. it is always night when they get to Hogwarts and in September, it gets dark around 6-7. So the train jorney takes 7-8 hours.

(i can't believe we've made it to 200 pages)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    herimonie metions it in book 4 when she is disscussing other schools. she says that the other schools may be unplotable, then she says that whenever a muggle sees Hogwarts all they see is an old, ruin castle with a sign saying Danger, Not Safe.

I've worked out that the jorney to Hogwarts must take about 7-8 hours. we know that the train leaves at 11 and spends the whole day traveling north. it is always night when they get to Hogwarts and in September, it gets dark around 6-7. So the train jorney takes 7-8 hours.

(i can't believe we've made it to 200 pages)
    well believe it now heehee

wow, Dude! We've reached 400 posts!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.