Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    But then, Harry would have seen loads of other people who could change their appearence, but Tonks was the first he saw. It's a gift which some people are born with, but you can learn, so why are there not that many people who can do that? I mean if people like Moody were able to disguise themselves, it would help them and the order. Maybe you have to have a certain level of power to be able to disguise yourself like Tonks, if you're not born with the gift.
    Didn't Harry grow loads of hair one day in the first book, when his aunt shaved his head...

and remember, he didn't know he had the special ability to talk to snakes until his 2nd year

Maybe he was born as a meta- or else voldemort transferred those powers to him as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    Does anyone have the address to write to JK? I'll write it out tommorrow- I have a ton of free time for no reason-
    to write to her, you write to the pulpishers address printed in the books. i wrote to her twice before she was really famous (i.e before book 4 came out. achully i was fan way before book 3 came out)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaft)
    Didn't Harry grow loads of hair one day in the first book, when his aunt shaved his head...

and remember, he didn't know he had the special ability to talk to snakes until his 2nd year

Maybe he was born as a meta- or else voldemort transferred those powers to him as well
    what do u mean until his second year. he can still do it. he just hasn't come accross any snakes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaft)

I remember that. I mentioned that earlier in the thread as well. I thought the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    But we havent seen that voldemort has that power to be a meta whatever! I think he would have used that by now

(Original post by Shaft)

ReputationRep:
    i wonder what would happen if u used protego against avada kedavra? would it block it?? wait, didn't they say that u couldn't block it?

ReputationRep:
    allright 4000

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    i wonder what would happen if u used protego against avada kedavra? would it block it?? wait, didn't they say that u couldn't block it?
    I'm pretty sure they said it couldn't be blocked. And Moody said 'So why am I showing it to you? Because you've got to know' or similar.

ReputationRep:
    The killing spell cannot be blocked, which is why the nest thing is to avoid the curse.

ReputationRep:
    uhh nest thing? do u mean next?

I read the part where Sirius died again... now i am depressed

ReputationRep:
    i dont believe nick, i think Sirius will come back as a ghost

ReputationRep:
    uhh nest thing? do u mean next?

I read the part where Sirius died again... now i am depressed
    i think it was 'best'. both the alphabets are close to each other on the keyboard blah...

i do not think that the scar can be removed/vanish on its own. otherwise dumbledore wud have had his scar removed. also dumbledore also tells harry at some point that harry can also use the scar to his advantage. probably jkr is playing up everyone again by giving hints like that she is ending the sequel with the word 'scar' to make people chase their own tails!!!

ReputationRep:
    True the 'avada kedavra' curse can't be blocked, yet good ole Hazza does have the brother wand to Voldie. Battle in the grave yard, book 4. The wands locked, and produced the well you've all read it anyway. I'm wondering why Dumbledore and Voldemort both refrained from using the curse when they fought at the end of Book 5. What do you think happens when the curse is used by both duellers, let alone both Hazza and Voldie?

ReputationRep:
    Ok, answering a couple of questions asked a few pages back, Kent and Surrey are counties in the south of England.

The Daily Mirror is a national tabloid in the UK, it tends to publish a lot of gossip rather than actual news, it does make for amusing reading though. Its not as bad as the Sun or the Daily Sport, I don't think the sport publishes any news, just pictures of naked ladies! I'd never really thought about it before, but the Prophet really does resemble the Mirror/Sun (they are very similar)

ReputationRep:
    it would be very cool if the Daily Prophet was real.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    it would be very cool if the Daily Prophet was real.
    I'd read it definately, I'd love to have it delivered by owl every morning, although I think the novelty would wear off after a couple of months. I'm amazed Warner Bros haven't published it as some sort of fanzine yet.

Dude, have you noticed how we're the only ones posting at this sort of time everyday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    I'd read it definately, I'd love to have it delivered by owl every morning, although I think the novelty would wear off after a couple of months. I'm amazed Warner Bros haven't published it as some sort of fanzine yet.

Dude, have you noticed how we're the only ones posting at this sort of time everyday?
    it's because i'm on a computer course. so as i am sitting in front of a computer every day, i always log on. whats your excuse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

there is a daily profect on the Harry Potter website, but they rarely update it these days.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with Ickle Katy Harry Potter is a waste of money and it's totally degrading!! I disagree. Harry potter is a mind stimulant and is essential to all children's upbringing!! (Can I just add this nutty girl in my class called Jade wrote the last bit- I HATE Harry Potter passionately).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    it's because i'm on a computer course. so as i am sitting in front of a computer every day, i always log on. whats your excuse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

there is a daily profect on the Harry Potter website, but they rarely update it these days.
    Because I'm at uni and have a stupid timetable with lots of early mornings and long gaps!

I've seen the one on the website, its a bit pants!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ringo Starry)
    I agree with Ickle Katy Harry Potter is a waste of money and it's totally degrading!! I disagree. Harry potter is a mind stimulant and is essential to all children's upbringing!! (Can I just add this nutty girl in my class called Jade wrote the last bit- I HATE Harry Potter passionately).
    have u read the books

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.