Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Because I'm at uni and have a stupid timetable with lots of early mornings and long gaps!

I've seen the one on the website, its a bit pants!
    i no what you mean. i even downloaded the computer owl. it comes up on my screen whenever there is some news. i.e. new pics, trailers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    i no what you mean. i even downloaded the computer owl. it comes up on my screen whenever there is some news. i.e. new pics, trailers
    Thats clever, don't think the uni would be too impressed if I tried that tho! Can't wait to get my computer at home fixed so I can cover my desk top with Harry Potter stuff!

ReputationRep:
    Thats clever, don't think the uni would be too impressed if I tried that tho! Can't wait to get my computer at home fixed so I can cover my desk top with Harry Potter stuff!
    lol, you can send letters (emails) and howlers as well. it's really good.

ReputationRep:
    you should download it when you can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    you should download it when you can.
    I definately will do, my computers sat at home with the network card all erady to be installed, I just haven't got a clue how to do it so I'll have to wait til my dad comes and does it for me! It'll be great to be online all night instead of just random times during the day!

Want to new book to hurry up and be published, I've tun out of things to read!

ReputationRep:
    i want to know if JK will allow Harry to be an Anaimaus, or if he will learn to apperate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    i want to know if JK will allow Harry to be an Anaimaus, or if he will learn to apperate.
    I don't know, he's gotta do something special, I mean, he's Harry Potter! You just reminded me of something I meant to say earlier, people had been talking about him being a Metamorphami (or what ever they were called) I got the impression from reading the book that it was possiblr to become one but it was very difficult so not a lot of people bothered, like becoming an Animagus, it just takes a lot of powerful magic.

Don't think he'll be able to apperate just yet, don't you ahve to be 17? maybe in book 7 I guess!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, he's gotta do something special, I mean, he's Harry Potter! You just reminded me of something I meant to say earlier, people had been talking about him being a Metamorphami (or what ever they were called) I got the impression from reading the book that it was possiblr to become one but it was very difficult so not a lot of people bothered, like becoming an Animagus, it just takes a lot of powerful magic.

Don't think he'll be able to apperate just yet, don't you ahve to be 17? maybe in book 7 I guess!
    thats what i mean. maybe the dursleys will let him out so he can pass his test

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavender)
    But we havent seen that voldemort has that power to be a meta whatever! I think he would have used that by now
    Didn't Dumbledore say something to Harry at the end of book 1 that Voldie had changed himself so much that he doubted there was much human left in him. I took that to mean that he had changed his appearance with magic and took on snake like features. What do you all think?

ReputationRep:
    I took it to mean that he had cast so many spells on himself to be immortal that he didn't have much human left- I get the feeling the snake is his patronus/animagus form and thats why the less human he is, the more snakelike he becomes- but that goes back to my theory that your patronus and animagi form are one and the same- also to my theory that the "gleam of triumph" was because Voldie became human again, and could therefore be killed-

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you can BECOME a metamorphmagi- Tonks said they are born, not made- she said most people have to take potions to change their appearance- I guess you could learn a spell to change something, but metamorphmagi can change without anything but a little concentration-

ReputationRep:
    hi!
    Wow thanks a lot guys for giving me the websites of Mother teresa!It was too good.I have just kept my fingers cross cause
    I have submitted it today>Hope I get good grades.I am gonna know the results tomorrow.
    And btw,Is Dean Thomas A muggle?I think so, But I jst wanted to confirm it.And does anyone of you know what is the full name of Trelawney?
    Bye! and thankz again guys!

ReputationRep:
    So how will the dementors look like? I have jst seen their hands.hope they look scary enough. If they are not I will kill them! :mad:

Has anyone seen the Simpsons in which JK Rowling was to be in?
    I have nt seen it.And if u have how was it?

ReputationRep:
    Dean Thomas is muggle-born- he's obviously not a muggle himself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GK1)
    i do not think that the scar can be removed/vanish on its own. otherwise dumbledore wud have had his scar removed.
    He wouldn't. He said in the first book I think, 'even if I could I wouldn't' or similar, -because they can come in handy- like the map of the London underground on his knee.

(Original post by Sire)
    I'm wondering why Dumbledore and Voldemort both refrained from using the curse when they fought at the end of Book 5.
    I thought Voldemort did use it? When he shoots green light and Fawks swoops infront and takes the blast?
    Dumbledore wouldn't use it because he knew about the prophecy. Supposedly on Harry can kill him.

(Original post by Prongs_TheGreat)
    And btw,Is Dean Thomas A muggle?I think so, But I jst wanted to confirm it.And does anyone of you know what is the full name of Trelawney?
    Dean Thomas is a muggle.
    I think we only know Sybil Trelawney -no middle names a yet.

ReputationRep:
    I think we know her middle initial is P from the prophecy jar- I actually want to say Patricia but maybe I just imagined that one

ReputationRep:
    Well, maybe Harry won't completely remove the scar, as I reckon that the link with Voldie still has a part to play. Maybe he can just hide it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    Dean Thomas is muggle-born- he's obviously not a muggle himself
    i agree!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MC To Tha Zee)
    i agree!
    I also agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by terminatrix)
    I also agree
    I would like to emphisize that point

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.