The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4120
I think they should leave the book on a cliff hanger. The idea of Harry and Voldemort screaming curses at each other, illuminated by lightning on a rocky plateau, surrounded by forrest.... as the book trails off. Thats gold. Nothing says that good has to triumph over evil, or that evil finally wins. Last seen Harry and Voldemort were locked in a mortal struggle etc etc. I'm willing to be that she doesn't choose this option, but gawd I wish she would. It just seems so right.
Reply 4121
Sire
I think they should leave the book on a cliff hanger. The idea of Harry and Voldemort screaming curses at each other, illuminated by lightning on a rocky plateau, surrounded by forrest.... as the book trails off. Thats gold. Nothing says that good has to triumph over evil, or that evil finally wins. Last seen Harry and Voldemort were locked in a mortal struggle etc etc. I'm willing to be that she doesn't choose this option, but gawd I wish she would. It just seems so right.

that would be cool... that would be very cool... but it would still piss me off
Reply 4122
I would just love to see it, thats all :smile: Does seem pretty good though doesn't it?
Reply 4123
Sire
I would just love to see it, thats all :smile: Does seem pretty good though doesn't it?

yeah, although i think u took the cliff thing too literally :smile:
Reply 4124
no that wud definitely not be a good idea. if the book were to end in the manner told by you, guess there wud be a lot of crying out in anger that wud go on. including myself...

i personally do not like endings that keep the readers guessing.

my probable theory on the ending wud be that harry learns to control his wandless magic and gets into a duel with voldie. fawkes wud have a major role to play as the core of both the wands are from him(?). there have already been enuf instances where he has already done so. growing his hair back, hiding on school terrace, turning his teacher's wig blue (i got the last one while i was reading book 1), making glass disappear, etc.

book 5 was talking about fred and george apparating at the beginning. then how come harry who is one year junior has not yet learnt the art of apparating? there seems to be less and less of learning that is in the books as opposed to earlier books and more of events occuring between voldie/harry. that may be nice but book5 did not give us any clue as to what new thingy harry picked up at school apart from a bit of occlumency.

blah...

GK1
Luxferre
No that would be bad... i hate cliffies, i dont mind if there's more coming, but if you have to make it up for yourself, well that drives me crazy. i think i'll cry if the end of the 7th book is a cliffie

yes, definitely. and be annoyed. it's like the last part of the matrix. it's the end, but doesn't seem like it. if she does make it a cliffie, i'm sure she's going to release another book or something.
Egan1
British slang rather than 'slag' I think :P

Yeah, basically a mild equivillent of cr*p (which probably comes under 'swearwords to be monitered' on here...hense my use of 'pants')

cr*p? = crap? that's a swear word?
Reply 4127
ladyblitzer
cr*p? = crap? that's a swear word?

Not in my book. I don't think it's a very offensive word but I could have sworn that it's one that gets blanked out by the mods. Maybe I'm wrong.
Reply 4128
Egan1
Not in my book. I don't think it's a very offensive word but I could have sworn that it's one that gets blanked out by the mods. Maybe I'm wrong.

Ah- have just realised that there is infact a thread with crap in the title, so either I was imagining it or they've relaxed a bit.
Reply 4129
Egan1
Ah- have just realised that there is infact a thread with crap in the title, so either I was imagining it or they've relaxed a bit.

there is?
Reply 4130
So erm just how do you think the saga should end? I wouldn't mind an 8th book to be honest. There is nothing to say that Potter can't leave school and find a job before he has his ultimate battle with Volderz. I just know that I for one will feel utterly jacked off if everything ends happily ever after. What about Potter taking over from Voldermort? I know that ones definitely not going to happen, but there is always a hope I guess. How should it end though? Has JKR even thought about that? This thing is way bigger than her now. It's bigger than Jesus (Sorry, couldn't resist ripping off the Beatles)
Reply 4131
eric bischoff
there is?

Well, this thread has it quite a few times now. I don't think that Harry will ever really live happily ever after, as he's had too much horrid stauff happen to him, and too much trauma. I think people will feel let down if Voldie isn't killed at the end of book & or at least gone for good.
Reply 4132
Xenon
Well, this thread has it quite a few times now. I don't think that Harry will ever really live happily ever after, as he's had too much horrid stauff happen to him, and too much trauma. I think people will feel let down if Voldie isn't killed at the end of book & or at least gone for good.

i want jk rowling to hurry up and release all her books!
Reply 4133
eric bischoff
there is?

'Anyone else had a crap day?' Or similar.

Anna
i want jk rowling to hurry up and release all her books!

Don't we all. Although, one at a time- I need time to read and digest.
Reply 4134
Xenon
A bit off topic, but what hapens at the end of the animorphs series? I don't think I've read the last book. what's the title?

the title is called The Beginning. you should reasd it cos it's a very good book. she also leaves a letter at the end explaining why she left a cliffhanger.
Reply 4135
omfg! i was thinking of doing a fanfic where harry is schizophrenic (please don't steal my idea, if you know where one that has already been done, please tell me so i can have a looksie), and i was doing the reasearch (sypmtoms, treatment, what causes it and stuff like that), and under what causes it one of the things listed was critical moments in brain development, severe greif (sirius dying :frown: ), and under symptoms was stuff like: thinking people can read or control your mind (snape, although he probably was reading his mind), Hearing voices (this hasn't happened to harry yet, but it could), Paranoia (i know that him thinking sirius had been kidnapped was largely to do with voldemort controling his dreams and showing him sirius all tied up and stuff, but he knew that voldemort could control his dreams, so it was paranoia too), and the sites that i visited said that in males, schizophrenia usually developes in the late teens through to early twenties. i realise this is a long shot, but hey! it could happen! maybe JKR is going to make him schizophrenic! tell me what you think.

i hope no one takes offence to the insane ramblings of me!

Lux :smile:
Hi,
I dont think the last battle will be done by wand.remember dumbledore said in the fifth book that harry has a power that voldie doesnt has!so they have to use it.( i mean he has to)And the timeturner might be useful in the upcoming books!
The chamber of secrets might be back.

ok,here is my theory of what will happen in the last book.Voldie and his followers will somehow enter hogwarts.And the ghosts the students and all the teachers will duel with them.And Voldie and his followers might use the chamber of secrets as the hiding place!

And can the timeturner go to the future? If, it could be a lot useful you know.ANd from a part from the 4th book, i think it can.

It is, in the Part of Quidditch world cup.Remember fred and george had a bet on bagman that Ireland will win But KRUM gets the snittch? and it turned out to be exactly true!
What if Fred and George managed to steal the TT there,cause there were a lot of MOM employees.anyone could have been carrying it and they stole it and returned it back? :smile:
Reply 4138
Time Turner... I hadn't thought of that, but don't you think that would take the book to a rather confusing level should JKR introduce it again?
Reply 4139
J K Rowling has already used the time turner in book 3 for an important storyline. I don't know if she'd use it again.

Latest

Trending

Trending