Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    Agreed Xenon. I think she just used it, so as to create something easily believable (much as time travel is unbelievable) to allows Sirius to escape. But then she just goes right ahead and kills him off in Book 5. I still can't get over that, some things just aren't on lol

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know.But dont you see that JkR gives everyone two turns.Like Gilderoy and Myrtle?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prongs_TheGreat)
    Yeah I know.But dont you see that JkR gives everyone two turns.Like Gilderoy and Myrtle?

And Firenze?

ReputationRep:
    I hadn't thought of that. That would mean half the characters are on their last legs already.

ReputationRep:
    I think it was about time Harry Potter died. JK Rowling has made enough money out of the books and Daniel Radcliffe will be growing stubble by the time the 7th book comes out. I reckon he should be killed in some sort of pagan sacrifice in order to save Hogwarts from Valdemort.

Having said that, I believe anyone over the age of 12 who has posted anything on this board is extremely sad and leads a pitiful existence. The Harry Potter books are nothing special (I know, I've read about 10 pages before falling asleep) and are written in a linear manner so that 10 year olds can understand them. The same applies to anyone over this age who has read and enjoys The Hobbit or The Wind in The Willows.

ReputationRep:
    That's funny, I'd guess you weren't over the age of 10 since you don't seem to know how to spell!!

What's even more funny is the fact that people on the outside looking in just close their minds and not open it to possiblilities.

And, what's even more funny then that is it doesn't matter how many idiots out there try and put down Harry Potter or JK Rowling (and very few its been) true fans really doint give a flying _____ what you think!! ha ha

(Original post by jbp20717)
    I think it was about time Harry Potter died. JK Rowling has made enough money out of the books and Daniel Radcliffe will be growing stubble by the time the 7th book comes out. I reckon he should be killed in some sort of pagan sacrifice in order to save Hogwarts from Valdemort.

Having said that, I believe anyone over the age of 12 who has posted anything on this board is extremely sad and leads a pitiful existence. The Harry Potter books are nothing special (I know, I've read about 10 pages before falling asleep) and are written in a linear manner so that 10 year olds can understand them. The same applies to anyone over this age who has read and enjoys The Hobbit or The Wind in The Willows.

ReputationRep:
    So im re-reading book 5 for the umphmillion time and just realized something, that I had thought about before but never really mentioned. Harry uses the crucio curse on Bella in the end, but that is an illeagal curse. I would think if the Ministry knows when and where and in front of who underage wizards use curses outside of hogwarts I would think that the Ministry also guages when wizards use an unforgivable curse! But nothing was said of it. I wonder if it will come about, or if they will try to put any consequences on Harry, or if it will never be mentioned again!

Any thoughts??

ReputationRep:
    hey harry potter fans!!!!!
    isnt he gr8, all the books r!!!!!!!!
    i dnt think ther will be an 8th book because it would kind of ruin the whole fantasy hogwarts thing thats going on.

how much longer do we have to wait for the 6th book and. . . . . the third film i cant believe its coming out in June . . thats ages away.

ReputationRep:
    I dont take offence and no offence to you, but I dont think so. I hope not anyway, it would be a huge disappointment as people had mentioned before that if JK does anything but really follow through out the whole story and then end it, it would be injustice!!!

(Original post by Luxferre)
    omfg! i was thinking of doing a fanfic where harry is schizophrenic (please don't steal my idea, if you know where one that has already been done, please tell me so i can have a looksie), and i was doing the reasearch (sypmtoms, treatment, what causes it and stuff like that), and under what causes it one of the things listed was critical moments in brain development, severe greif (sirius dying ), and under symptoms was stuff like: thinking people can read or control your mind (snape, although he probably was reading his mind), Hearing voices (this hasn't happened to harry yet, but it could), Paranoia (i know that him thinking sirius had been kidnapped was largely to do with voldemort controling his dreams and showing him sirius all tied up and stuff, but he knew that voldemort could control his dreams, so it was paranoia too), and the sites that i visited said that in males, schizophrenia usually developes in the late teens through to early twenties. i realise this is a long shot, but hey! it could happen! maybe JKR is going to make him schizophrenic! tell me what you think.

i hope no one takes offence to the insane ramblings of me!

Lux

ReputationRep:

they are aimed at that age group anyway aren't they?

ReputationRep:
    I would guess they're aimed to grow along with that age group. Like the first book is aimed at 11-12yr olds then they move up. But even JKR was criticized in the beginning with her first book how too ahead it was for that age level of reading and she felt that you should give younger kids the benefit of the doubt that they can read at a higher level.

(Original post by Scout)
    they are aimed at that age group anyway aren't they?

ReputationRep:

So you're calling any adult who has read harry potter (and I assure you there are many), and all of the other readers, many of who are not going to 12 or under sad? Well, I'm sure that they will all be very happy, especially the adults. To be honest I reckon that falling asleep while reading a book is very sad, unless you are very young, tired or on a long and tiring journey. A lot of people at my old school read the books, and many started reading when the were in the upper years. Now this is senior school, where the majority of the school will be older than 12.
    Whether Harry will be caught for using the crucius curse, well he's already been trialed, but if Fudge is still acting like an idiot, then there's always a chance. Though, the MOM might have been a bit preoccupied with the matter in hand, where they finallyadmitted that Voldie was back.

ReputationRep:

well first offm the first few chapters in the HP books are usually boring. it can take a while to get into the story so how about achully reading the rest of the book. You have also dissed two other great books that are in the top 10 of the Big Read.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    well first offm the first few chapters in the HP books are usually boring. it can take a while to get into the story so how about achully reading the rest of the book. You have also dissed two other great books that are in the top 10 of the Big Read.
    Oh yeah, that too! Books such as Hobbit, wind in the willows and harry potter don't end up so high on the list if everyone thought like that. Take Dude's advice and read past the first few pages of HP, and then make up your mind. Btw, did you do the same with the other 2 books, read the first few pages and then leave it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Oh yeah, that too! Books such as Hobbit, wind in the willows and harry potter don't end up so high on the list if everyone thought like that. Take Dude's advice and read past the first few pages of HP, and then make up your mind. Btw, did you do the same with the other 2 books, read the first few pages and then leave it?
    PoA in my opinion was the first book that wasn't that boring on the first chapter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    PoA in my opinion was the first book that wasn't that boring on the first chapter.
    wow its hard to imagine my last post here was about 100 pages ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    True, and book4 had a pretty lively beginning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    wow its hard to imagine my last post here was about 100 pages ago
    It's easier for you to imagine. My 1st post was 208 pages ago.

ReputationRep:
    hmmmmm, i dont get this reading thing....... the only book iv ever read all the way through was the adult verison of jurasic park, witch i read 3 times,

now i only read tutorial books, or graphic design inspirational folios. i dun have much time to read, but do u recon reading good for the mind? iv always just preferd films.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyuuki)
    hmmmmm, i dont get this reading thing....... the only book iv ever read all the way through was the adult verison of jurasic park, witch i read 3 times,

now i only read tutorial books, or graphic design inspirational folios. i dun have much time to read, but do u recon reading good for the mind? iv always just preferd films.
    To be honest, books probably exercise your mind much more than movies do. In movies you hve the vision placedbefore you. In books, you use your own imagination to give you your own vision of the surroundings,. characters etc. esp in HP and LOTR.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.