Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavender)
    That's funny, I'd guess you weren't over the age of 10 since you don't seem to know how to spell!!

What's even more funny is the fact that people on the outside looking in just close their minds and not open it to possiblilities.

And, what's even more funny then that is it doesn't matter how many idiots out there try and put down Harry Potter or JK Rowling (and very few its been) true fans really doint give a flying _____ what you think!! ha ha
    hahahahhah u go!

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering, who is guarding azkaban now? must be aurors right?

As too the time turner, i would love to c it used to save sirius, but how would they stop him from going? They couln't do it during the fight, too many people, and going back to headquarters can't work bcuz peeps would c you.... hold on, i thought no one could see, but Sirius saw them in PoA, so is it u can't be seen by yourselves? Anyway they would ahve to get to hq, and somehow stop him, but they couldn't like stun him bcuz other members would find out and think their was a traitor... it would be a huge mess, so i much as i want it to happen, i can't see it working.

ReputationRep:
    what if in the 7th book there was something from all the other books? like what i mean is that there would be something important from book 1 like the mirror of erised or something. and from book two it could be the chamber or speaking parseltongue. and book three could be timeturner (but i agree w/ padfoot. it would be too difficult). perhaps something else from book three. and book for could be the graveyard maybe. and book five might be wandless magic or occulemency/legilimency.
    maybe all of these could play a big part in book 7.

well sorry for babbling on. hope u all get what im trying to say.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting, but do you think she can pull it off without making the mistake of just being another person to do it?

ReputationRep:
    Wow, im really suprised!!! I never read a lick until about 4 yrs ago. I hated to read, the only book I even kind of read was The Count Of Monte Cristo (very good by the way) and then it was years later I read the Horse Whisperer by Nick Evans, then 4 yrs ago I started reading Patricia Cornwell and Mary Higgins Clark (I love Mysteries!!) and it wasnt til these last two years that I have been reading Harry Potter!! I dont think any of the books start slow. I thought they were all good and grabbed my attention right away, especially for someone who used to hate to read, that is a really hard thing to do. Im usually afraid to pick up a book of an unknown author (to me) because Im afraid I wont want to finish it.

So anyway. . . . . Im suprised that there are so many people that think the hp books start off slow.

(Original post by Dude)
    PoA in my opinion was the first book that wasn't that boring on the first chapter.

ReputationRep:
    As with anything, Harry Potter will always have its antagonists. The books have been writtne with a skill rarely seen in any breed of author. Joanne Kathleen Rowling may one day be considered one of the greats of literature for her deliberate writing style. Right up there with Leo Tolstoy, James Joyce, John Milton etc

ReputationRep:
    I started reading HP just before the release of GoF. I read book1 in less than 4 hours one sitting. That got me hooked on to the rest of the books and I was borrowing one book a day to read them off over the week end and all the first reading i did were in one sitting.

A whole lot depends on how interested you are while reading book 2, 3, etc. Since I was a lot interested in getting to the action part i did not think that the first few were boring. I sincerely do not remember about book1. looking back i would say that book 1 was written with a view to attract a lot of small children. the language flow, etc makes it look like a kiddo book. tho a lot of grown ups also seem to like and say that the books were a lot better when u read them, cannot say for sure.

But in the case of LOTR, i had to start the book at least 6 times after having read thru some 50 odd pages and given it a break coz the story wud never get catchy. Most of the people who have read the book wud agree.

so my theory is entirely on the frame of mind of how interested u r in reading thru the book that wud determine your verdict on the book.

as for people who want to come and shout some anti hp theories: "STAY OFF THIS FORUM..." no one is evaluating HP books, we are trying to discuss what might be outcome in the coming few books, and we can DEFINITELY do without your rude remarks

GK1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    They couln't do it during the fight, too many people, and going back to headquarters can't work bcuz peeps would c you.... hold on, i thought no one could see, but Sirius saw them in PoA, so is it u can't be seen by yourselves?
    you can be seen by yourselfs. jk just said that when wizards had used the TT, they ended up killing their past and furture selfs by mistake. Plus if they had been seen properly, only herimonie would have understood what was going on. harry and ron (version 1)properly would have attacked Harry and Herimonie (version 2)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you are right.Ron And harry are careless.They wont understand it.
    And btw, LoTR Is it divided into parts or just a huge book?u see i havent read it.Jst seen the movie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prongs_TheGreat)
    Yeah you are right.Ron And harry are careless.They wont understand it.
    And btw, LoTR Is it divided into parts or just a huge book?u see i havent read it.Jst seen the movie.
    JRR Tolkien planned for it to be one whole book, but his pupishers told him to break it down as they thought it would sell better in parts.

ReputationRep:
    what would be Fudge's reaction in the sixth book? will he become good again?And Percy? will he come to our side-I mean to Harry's side?

ReputationRep:
    what would be Fudge's reaction in the sixth book? will he become good again?And Percy? will he come to our side-I mean to Harry's side?

So it is divided into parts? How many?

ReputationRep:
    you'vve posted the same thing, twice.

ReputationRep:

What is the time now?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    you'vve posted the same thing, twice.
    Oops! Sorry! actually tyhe internet was going very slowly.So had to close the page twice and again connct the internet

ReputationRep:

What is the time now?"
    the LOTR is divided into 6 parts. the time ere in England is 9.50am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    JRR Tolkien planned for it to be one whole book, but his pupishers told him to break it down as they thought it would sell better in parts.
    PUPISHERS?
    hehe

ReputationRep:
    PUPISHERS?
    hehe
    i'm a crap speller, what do u want from me.

ReputationRep:
    So The film must have cut many partsof the book,right?

So the time difference is,5hrs & 30 mins.

I want to seeee Peeves!

I am a.crap.......... nothing it was just funny ot spell

ReputationRep:
    553 posts? u joined in nov03.how come u posted 553!
    even i joined in nov.but mine is just 41!

Do u think that hary will use the TT to see his past? to see what his parents did?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.