Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

Stockamolla, you need to read Harry Potter more often.
    Neville can't kill Voldemort, Harry was marked, not him. And J.K. clearly states he was "The one". Sorta reminds me of Matrix....

ReputationRep:
    sorry loony goose but ur a few 10 pages of posts behind..that has been brought up before and the scar does not nessacerily mean marked also wheredoes JKR say specificly he was the one

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harrys_a_Hottie)
    Okay, first of all Bellatrix Lethstrage (or whatever) tortured Nevilles parents! No, she did not kill them but tortured them! Voldemort had nothing to do with this except for the fact that she is a death eater!

neither can die while the other lives

what does that mean? That to me, means that Harry and Voldemort will have to die at the same time!?! I am quite confused about this, please reply!
    sorry to pull this out frommmmm soooooooo long ago but the prophecy states that "neither can live while the other survives"

not neither can die while the other lives...its an easy mistake though..

CR

ReputationRep:
    i just rented the harry potter chamber of secrets dvd and there is a lot in it that there wasn't in theaters

CR

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I know this is going back quite a way now, but I've only just got to the bit in the book.

About what people were saying about cats, Crookshanks in particular:
    Just got to the bit in book 3 where crookshanks chases Scabbers out of Ron's bag, Ron thinks the cat heard him say that Scabbers was in his bag and says theres something not right about that cat, surely if that were normal behavior for wizard cats Ron might know about it.

Also, does the cat know that Scabbers is Pettigrew, or just that the rat isn't all it appears to be?

ReputationRep:
    yes...things have been brought up about crookshanks maybe being james potter...if so...he might've known that scabbers would be a spy

CR

ReputationRep:
    I definatly don't think Crookshanks is James- he would have made himself present in Harry's life before and would have been communicating with him etc etc...

ReputationRep:
    please make this thread die, im sick of seeing it, ahhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    I definatly don't think Crookshanks is James- he would have made himself present in Harry's life before and would have been communicating with him etc etc...
    yes yes i know but i was just pointing out that people have posted that it might be however i don't find any logic to it either...

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    please make this thread die, im sick of seeing it, ahhhhhh
    hey it gets a lot of posts just don't read it or look nat it if u hate it..calm yourself

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    I agree, I don't think Crookshanks could be James, but I reckon Crookshanks has some sort of powers, he's definately not just a cat. Not sure he's an animagi, but I guess its a possibility. Just thought, it couldn't be James, coz he's definately dead, he came out the end of Voldemort's wand in book4,

Can Animagi become more than one animal btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    yes yes i know but i was just pointing out that people have posted that it might be however i don't find any logic to it either...
    CR
    I was aware it was not you who posted it...just stating my opinion anyway :P

(Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Hmmm...good point- my mum reads alot of fanfic on HP and apparently there is one where Harry becomes and Animagi and can transform into many different animals...

ReputationRep:
    what is fanfic??

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    what is fanfic??

CR
    Fanfic- short for fan fiction is basically just that (like fan-art minus the art and plus the story-fiction!)- some people who like a certain series of books and like writing etc, may write fanfic, which is basically spinoffs of the publisised story/stories- fanfic are stories taking the structure of the original book and then writing different stories using the characters (with romances and bizarre plots etc etc)...Harry Potter is incredibly popular and lots of people write fanfic of it.

Hope that gives you a vague idea...

Egan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    what is btw????

about the whole Crookshanks thing i have heard a lot of people saying that they think crookshanks is really Victor Krum and that he is an animagus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic101)
    what is btw????

about the whole Crookshanks thing i have heard a lot of people saying that they think crookshanks is really Victor Krum and that he is an animagus.
    btw = By The Way (get it now?!)

Crookshanks can't be Viktor Krum else how could he be at school in Durmstrang, yet still be with Hermione all the time? Impossible.

(Original post by Magic101)
    what is btw????

BTW is By the Way

ReputationRep:
    Nah, Crookshanks can't be Krum, don't really see the point of that. Can't really be James Potter because he's dead, and can't come back. Even then, his animagus form is a stag. Either Crookshanks is one clever cat or an animagus, unless there's another explanation. You know Crookshanks has green eyes and so did Lily. Well it probably isn't Lily as she's dead, but what if Harry has another relative who we don't about. What if Crookshanks is an animagus form and the animagus is really related to Lily (explaining the green eyes) and is there as Crookshanks to help out and protect.

this is CR3 i'm at my cousins house.....xenon..not a bad thought that would definitley explain the green eyes...

CR

ReputationRep:
    well i'm back home...yes maybe it is a relative sent to try and prevent danger from happening like mrs.figg....just a thought..it will all make sense when we have book 6 and 7

CR

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.