The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4200
Brooklyn
what quote in book 1?

I thinkwe talked about the locked door in the DoM before- we decided it was full of love, right?

yer, at least thats what dumbledore says.
Reply 4201
Since when has Dumbledore told the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. This love thing could be a simple teaser until a final explaination is in the offering. As so often is the case.
Reply 4202
Everyone's predicting that the power which Harry had which will help him against Voldie is love. Then surely, chances are that J K Rowling will put Harry down as having another power. Anyways, she has already used the power of love, and now Voldie has overcome it. Although Harry has the love of all his friends around him.
Reply 4203
For The Love Of God Let This Thread Die!!!!
Reply 4204
OK, this thread is way too long to look at it all, so I'm not sure if this has been voiced before, but i think the books are getting worse and worse.... plot wise it's fine, but as far as the characters are concerned, the changes are pretty implausible, eg harry's sudden urge to shout at everyone including his best mates, ginny's willingness to go out with seemingly every bloke in Harry's class, and Hermione suddenly becoming an 'agony aunt', knowing everything there is to know about love and talking to a girl...

I think J K Rowling has not done the book any favours by attempting to add another dimension to the characters.... the 5th book seems a detachment to all the previous ones, the changes in the characters are too apparent...
Reply 4205
How unrealistic would it be if after all the hardship and tragedy Harry has had in his life, he was as cool and calm as a cucumber. He has to let out his stress and anger at someone, and he does itto those who care about him. I hope that he might grow out of it, and concentrate on keeping sane enough to defeat Voldie. Well, for his birthday, his friends could always send him a punching bag.
Reply 4206
caz
For The Love Of God Let This Thread Die!!!!

Caz: you have to be kidding. This thread is making history by the day, and besides which... it has provided some of the best discussion I've seen thus far. DIE CAZ!!! :wink:
Reply 4207
Sire
Caz: you have to be kidding. This thread is making history by the day, and besides which... it has provided some of the best discussion I've seen thus far. DIE CAZ!!! :wink:

this is not the end of this! soon, but not today, u will die for this!!!
Reply 4208
I agree with Xenon here.
Reply 4209
Sire
I agree with Xenon here.

here here. i agree too.
Reply 4210
Sire

The longest thread by about 3000 apparantly.
Haha, I feel that I could do a Mr White and start up a cult like thing with all these people agreeing with me.
Reply 4211
I still want my rocky plateau, lightning strikes, final duel finish though :wink:
Reply 4212
How long do you think the actual fight between the order and probably DA against deatheaters and Voldie last at the end ofbook 7? I mean, surely there might be several different fights. I still expect Neville to get his revenge on Bellatrix. Mabe there'll be another separation of the order and DA, with a 2nd separation b/w harry and the rest of DA at the end.
I hope that a cure is found for Neville's parents at the end of the series, so they would understand all that Neville's done to help.
Reply 4213
Ahha. The door that can't be unlocked. The one Dumbledore says contains a power Voldemort can't understand. That of love. This should be the cure for the Longbottoms. I think it would be nice to have that final showdown. After all, I think the best part of book 5 was the duelling between the Death Eaters and the Order. Don't be too surprised if the Longbottoms are sane again by the end of book 6.
Reply 4214
Xenon
How long do you think the actual fight between the order and probably DA against deatheaters and Voldie last at the end ofbook 7? I mean, surely there might be several different fights. I still expect Neville to get his revenge on Bellatrix. Mabe there'll be another separation of the order and DA, with a 2nd separation b/w harry and the rest of DA at the end.
I hope that a cure is found for Neville's parents at the end of the series, so they would understand all that Neville's done to help.

i'm actually kinda hoping harry will die- make for an interesting twist so we won't actually know what happens like with all childrens series.

i was watching it's a wonderful life recently... do you know what mr. potter's first name was??? harry! does neone else think the name's symbolic or is it just coincidential?
Reply 4215
Sire
Ahha. The door that can't be unlocked. The one Dumbledore says contains a power Voldemort can't understand. That of love. This should be the cure for the Longbottoms. I think it would be nice to have that final showdown. After all, I think the best part of book 5 was the duelling between the Death Eaters and the Order. Don't be too surprised if the Longbottoms are sane again by the end of book 6.

True, I'd love for the longbottoms to be sane and to see them back in the order as aurors. Then maybe as a family, including Neville, using the power of love as well, they can defeat Bellatrix.
Reply 4216
Xenon
The longest thread by about 3000 apparantly.
Haha, I feel that I could do a Mr White and start up a cult like thing with all these people agreeing with me.

Wasn't at home most of the weekend and had work today so have lots of catching up to do...

...want to read it all now (must...resist...urge! *gasp*) but must not allow myself to get sucked in (went to bed a wee bit too late last night so I'll try and get up there before midnight tonight)

There'll probably be another 5 pages by the time I get a chance to come on and sift through everything!
Reply 4217
This might have alreadybeen mentioned, but Dumbledore wouldn't have been able to kill Voldie anyways would he, cos onlyHarry can kill Voldie. But Voldie didn't know this right, becausehe hadn't heard this part of the prophecy. So when Dumbledore was talking about afate worse than death, was he bluffing to make sure that Voldie didn't realise that Dumblydore couldn't kill him, or did he really mean there being a fate worse than death. Also, we've always heard about people who have their soul sucked out by dementors, and walking around like zombies, but not dead. Is this the fate he's talking about? You're not dead but your not really alive.
Xenon
This might have alreadybeen mentioned, but Dumbledore wouldn't have been able to kill Voldie anyways would he, cos onlyHarry can kill Voldie. But Voldie didn't know this right, becausehe hadn't heard this part of the prophecy. So when Dumbledore was talking about afate worse than death, was he bluffing to make sure that Voldie didn't realise that Dumblydore couldn't kill him, or did he really mean there being a fate worse than death. Also, we've always heard about people who have their soul sucked out by dementors, and walking around like zombies, but not dead. Is this the fate he's talking about? You're not dead but your not really alive.

yes i think youve got it.....
Reply 4219
I can't remember too clearly, but wasn't the fate worse than death something like that which Harry is already experiencing? Eg: growing up without parents, not knowing he was a wizard, low acceptance? *shrugs* The dementor thing sounds about right too though. I'm confused. What is a fate worse than death Ms. Rowling?

Latest

Trending

Trending