The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4220
Sire
I can't remember too clearly, but wasn't the fate worse than death something like that which Harry is already experiencing? Eg: growing up without parents, not knowing he was a wizard, low acceptance? *shrugs* The dementor thing sounds about right too though. I'm confused. What is a fate worse than death Ms. Rowling?

Imagine if you were walking around soulless. You're not dead, but yet you're not really alive. You're living andbreathing, but you can'tlive a life. I reckon that that could be a fate worse than death. That was the 1st thing I thought of, but to be honest, it could be anything. I mean, Harry HAS had a lot of pain in his life, but is itworse than death?
Reply 4221
I'm wondering how Fred and George's jokes could be used to fight Voldie. Do you reckon that J K Rowling have made to put some humour or will they play an active role in the fight against voldie and the deatheaters?
Reply 4222
Xenon
I'm wondering how Fred and George's jokes could be used to fight Voldie. Do you reckon that J K Rowling have made to put some humour or will they play an active role in the fight against voldie and the deatheaters?

they're not just jokers, they're inventors too; that might be it- invent something to help stop them
Reply 4223
Fred and George are loyal to the cause. Plus Voldemort attacked their father in book 5. Thats even more incentive. They're good eggs through and through. Do you reckon JKR will kill one of them off though? Perhaps in a mass duel?
Reply 4224
Julia O.
they're not just jokers, they're inventors too; that might be it- invent something to help stop them

yea i think that they might invent something.

haha u know what would be funny??? if fred and george met voldie and played a joke on him and scared him or something and voldie peed his pants. haha and then died of embarrasment. haha sorry i dont know why i thought of that but it seemed kinda funny so i figured that i would post it. lol!
Reply 4225
Sire
Fred and George are loyal to the cause. Plus Voldemort attacked their father in book 5. Thats even more incentive. They're good eggs through and through. Do you reckon JKR will kill one of them off though? Perhaps in a mass duel?

aww i hope j.k. doesn't kill one of them off. i mean it would be bad if they both died but u just cant kill one of them. that would just suck. i do hope that there will be a mass duel in the end tho. with everybody from both sides. i am also hoping that there will be the start of the war during the beginning of book 6. i am picturing a big fight like in LOTR.
Reply 4226
LOL!!!

haha u know what would be funny??? if fred and george met voldie and played a joke on him and scared him or something and voldie peed his pants. haha and then died of embarrasment. haha sorry i dont know why i thought of that but it seemed kinda funny so i figured that i would post it. lol!
Reply 4227
I think in the end, there wont be anyone around but Voldie and Harry, (not saying people are dead or anything) but that they will somehow be seperated to where it is just those two. No friends to help Harry, no Deatheaters to make Voldie feel important. I still think Harry will prevail, but he will come out of there with everyone waiting on breath to see/hear/or know what happened.

Xenon
How long do you think the actual fight between the order and probably DA against deatheaters and Voldie last at the end ofbook 7? I mean, surely there might be several different fights. I still expect Neville to get his revenge on Bellatrix. Mabe there'll be another separation of the order and DA, with a 2nd separation b/w harry and the rest of DA at the end.
I hope that a cure is found for Neville's parents at the end of the series, so they would understand all that Neville's done to help.
Reply 4228
guess that book 7 should take the downfall of voldie a bit slowly. they should make all the death eaters lose power to some of harry's friends. harry shud get his revenge against draco. voldie gets helpless. has to run helter skelter and then harry should prevail. that wud make the win a bit more tasteful and longlasting. rather than having an abrubt battle and harry winning in the end. voldie has had a good time far too long.

REVENGE... REVENGE and more revenge should be the motto...

:wink:
GK1
Reply 4229
Wow, utterly surprising you would say this. Ive said it before, like on page 20 ha ha, like im going to go back and look...... but I too agree with Xenon.......JKR is outstanding at writing how people really are. You can put these characters into anyones shoes. 15 yr olds can be unstable and moody, some think they know everything, and Ginny has only dated one guy, who was from another class (harry was a little girl crush) and is now saying she is interested in someone from her own class. So that really is only one friend because Micheal Corner wasnt anyone they knew. Many teenagers date 3 or 4 different people in one - two years. I think JKR is hitting it right on, in how society is, from adults to the ministry/political realm to the kids. And she is letting the characters grow in the books and change just like they would in real life.

Ok sorry so long but I really wanted to get my point across

4Ed
OK, this thread is way too long to look at it all, so I'm not sure if this has been voiced before, but i think the books are getting worse and worse.... plot wise it's fine, but as far as the characters are concerned, the changes are pretty implausible, eg harry's sudden urge to shout at everyone including his best mates, ginny's willingness to go out with seemingly every bloke in Harry's class, and Hermione suddenly becoming an 'agony aunt', knowing everything there is to know about love and talking to a girl...

I think J K Rowling has not done the book any favours by attempting to add another dimension to the characters.... the 5th book seems a detachment to all the previous ones, the changes in the characters are too apparent...
lavender
I think in the end, there wont be anyone around but Voldie and Harry, (not saying people are dead or anything) but that they will somehow be seperated to where it is just those two. No friends to help Harry, no Deatheaters to make Voldie feel important. I still think Harry will prevail, but he will come out of there with everyone waiting on breath to see/hear/or know what happened.

yeah! they'd be transported somewhere else, like a place of total darkness, then they're gonna fight there while on the real world, the order and other impt characters would be fighting would the death eaters, deaths here and there. HAha, but it would be funny... Voldie coming out and laughing the hell out of himself :biggrin:

"AHAHAHAH! I killed the last of the Potters! AHAHAHAH! The book should've been names Tom Marvolo Riddle!" Heehee
Xenon
Imagine if you were walking around soulless. You're not dead, but yet you're not really alive. You're living andbreathing, but you can'tlive a life. I reckon that that could be a fate worse than death. That was the 1st thing I thought of, but to be honest, it could be anything. I mean, Harry HAS had a lot of pain in his life, but is itworse than death?

Similar to what Xenon said, I think that what could be worse than life was like that on the movie The Sixth Sense (has anyone seen that movie?). You kept on believing that you're alive, when in fact, you're not. You see all events passing by everyday, see people, and maybe do find someone who can see and talk to spirits, but then a harsh realization strikes you that you are actually... dead :frown:
Reply 4232
lavender
Wow, utterly surprising you would say this. Ive said it before, like on page 20 ha ha, like im going to go back and look...... but I too agree with Xenon.......JKR is outstanding at writing how people really are. You can put these characters into anyones shoes. 15 yr olds can be unstable and moody, some think they know everything, and Ginny has only dated one guy, who was from another class (harry was a little girl crush) and is now saying she is interested in someone from her own class. So that really is only one friend because Micheal Corner wasnt anyone they knew. Many teenagers date 3 or 4 different people in one - two years. I think JKR is hitting it right on, in how society is, from adults to the ministry/political realm to the kids. And she is letting the characters grow in the books and change just like they would in real life.

Ok sorry so long but I really wanted to get my point across

thats the main reason why the harry potter books are so good. the fact that the characters grow up.
Reply 4233
i'm still sticking by my theroy that we won't know the outcome. it will just end with harry and volemort fighting. i've already thought of the final sentance.

"and Harry struck Volemort, with a burning pain in his scar".
Xenon
How long do you think the actual fight between the order and probably DA against deatheaters and Voldie last at the end ofbook 7? I mean, surely there might be several different fights. I still expect Neville to get his revenge on Bellatrix. Mabe there'll be another separation of the order and DA, with a 2nd separation b/w harry and the rest of DA at the end.
I hope that a cure is found for Neville's parents at the end of the series, so they would understand all that Neville's done to help.

7 chapters? :biggrin: scenes are unbelievably detailed, everything going in slow motion, one chapter per fight... LOL.
Dude
i'm still sticking by my theroy that we won't know the outcome. it will just end with harry and volemort fighting. i've already thought of the final sentance.

It would be cool if JK ended the series with the first sentence of the first chapter of the first book :biggrin: like Isabel Allende's the House of the Spirits.
i need to chat is anyu one there
come and tell me and we can do the show at the gala
Reply 4238
I've figured out the fate worse than death. (I think) I think the name is 'Filch'... The castle care taker type guy from the books, the one with the cat. He is a squib right (non-magical wizard)??? Just imagine what it would be like for Volderz or Hazza to go from having such power as to be considered two of the most powerful wizards in the world, (Dumbledore being the 3rd) to having about as much ability as the squib. Do you reckon they could handle it? Going back to actually trying to beat people up instead of waving a wand... Worth a thought anyway, besides it would make the kiddies happy to see Voldermort reduced to less than nothing of his former self, serving students at Hogwarts or something.
Reply 4239
Dude

Sounds good 'Dude', and while I can't find the post (gawd only been here a week and this thread has already updated by about 40 pages) I think that would fit in great with my liking for the final fight on a rocky plateau, storm clouds and lightning illuminating the duellers at dusk for the final contest.

Latest

Trending

Trending