Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    who cares?
    harry potter is crap!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mich)
    who cares?
    harry potter is crap!
    Harry Potter is quite brilliant actually. The problem is that you can't see past the fact that a lot of it is directed toward children. Yet as a Cub Scout Leader I can speak for 25 kids who have read, or had the books read to them, and 57 parents/leaders who have curled up with the books until the wee hours of a few mornings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mich)
    who cares?
    harry potter is crap!
    well then, how can this topic be so popular, or Harry Potter end up in the top 5 of the Big Read, if it is crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    well then, how can this topic be so popular, or Harry Potter end up in the top 5 of the Big Read, if it is crap.
    Please give me a link to find this Big Read. I have no idea what it is as yet.

ReputationRep:
    Had lots of thinks to say, but annoyingly I've forgotten most of them, gutted.

The thing about the room on the department of mysteries being full of love and that being the power that would end Voldemort, well would Voldemort actually have to go in there or would they be able to sort of channel the power out of the room? Would it be possible to lure Voldemort in there in the first place? Does he even know about this room?

What do you think the chances that both Harry and Voldemort will die are? Maybe Harry kills Voldemort but it takes so much of his energy he dies himself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Please give me a link to find this Big Read. I have no idea what it is as yet.
    bbc.co.uk/bigread

Its the british public voting for their favourite books, but its been wittled down to a top 21 so you can vote for your favourite online.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    bbc.co.uk/bigread

Its the british public voting for their favourite books, but its been wittled down to a top 21 so you can vote for your favourite online.
    achully it's down to 10 now. we found out the final result this saturday.

ReputationRep:
    bbc.co.uk/bigread

Thanks. You lot had a poor Aussie incredibly confused for a couple of days. Peace at last lol, thanks again.

ReputationRep:
    I'm kinda hoping they both die, or Harry at least turns to the dark side, but as said before. Sorely hope she goes for a similar ending to what I've envisioned as a good one. Though people don't seem to like the idea of a cliff hanger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    I'm kinda hoping they both die, or Harry at least turns to the dark side, but as said before. Sorely hope she goes for a similar ending to what I've envisioned as a good one. Though people don't seem to like the idea of a cliff hanger.
    I just hope its a bit of a different ending, I'll be incredibly disappointed if Harry just defeats Voldemort and they all live happily ever after, it'd be a bit of an anticlimax

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    achully it's down to 10 now. we found out the final result this saturday.
    Whats in the top 10? did To Kill A Mocking Bird make it? Thats the one I voted for.

ReputationRep:
    I just hope its a bit of a different ending, I'll be incredibly disappointed if Harry just defeats Voldemort and they all live happily ever after, it'd be a bit of an anticlimax
    that would be so sad wouldn't it? good wins, bad loses, guy gets the girl, ride off into the sunset etc etc etc. Does this woman take fan mail or perhaps suggestions at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    that would be so sad wouldn't it? good wins, bad loses, guy gets the girl, ride off into the sunset etc etc etc. Does this woman take fan mail or perhaps suggestions at all?
    You can write to her through her publishers, but I don't think she reads them herself, I hope not anyway, it'd distract her from writing book 6! She probably has minions to do that sort of thing for her!

ReputationRep:
    I'd glady give you hand to tackle the minions hehe.

ReputationRep:
    You can write to her through her publishers, but I don't think she reads them herself, I hope not anyway, it'd distract her from writing book 6! She probably has minions to do that sort of thing for her!
    she properly does now. but she did read and reply to all her fan mail before she became world famous (i.e. when GoF came out). i got two letters from her, one that is from her cos she answered a question for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    she properly does now. but she did read and reply to all her fan mail before she became world famous (i.e. when GoF came out). i got two letters from her, one that is from her cos she answered a question for me.
    I'd hold onto those if I were you, its amazing just how much they could be worth a few years down the track. Especially as people don't tend to keep things like that all the time.

ReputationRep:
    This is Stupid!i JUST READ SOME STUPID RUMOR IN A WEBSITE.lISTEN TO THIS,

Draco will start dating hermione,seeing this Harry will start dating Parkinson!And soon Draco will really start liking Hermione!

And another, One night Ron and hermione will be dating wandering around Hogwarts.At that time Krum comes in the scene to visit hermione, seeinf Ron datind Hermione,Krum will kill Ron.(duh!!!) :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prongs_TheGreat)

Draco will start dating hermione,seeing this Harry will start dating Parkinson!And soon Draco will really start liking Hermione!

And another, One night Ron and hermione will be dating wandering around Hogwarts.At that time Krum comes in the scene to visit hermione, seeinf Ron datind Hermione,Krum will kill Ron.(duh!!!) :rolleyes:
    Strange, though it isn't beyond the realm of capability for JKR to do something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prongs_TheGreat)

the Draco thing is offically a lie, but the Krum thing might work.

ReputationRep:
    I know there are quite a few Weasely's (is that how its spelt) in the saga, but what is this penchant we all have for having them killed??? Are they just natures little victims or something?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.