The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** Watch

This discussion is closed.
Brooklyn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
in any event- I totally agree on the gleam of triumph- I think its that Voldie is killable now as well- I don't think it would be interesting if Dumbledore turned out evil- I think it would be really pathetic- like he betrayed the readers as well as the characters- I'd be mad and not read the books again- I do think there is something to him killing that other wizard... I guess we'll have to wait and see
Brooklyn
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I was thinking about it and I think the one thing linking all the books is Fawkes- he's becoming more and more important- I think something big will be revealed about him later on- we thought we knew all his powers in book 2, but he showed some new ones in book 5- I think hes got more up his .... erm.. feathers-
Brooklyn
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Percy CAN go bad- I doubt the Maruaders thought Peter would- and look what happened there- and as we've seen with Sirius, you don't always go the way your family raised you-
kcoverst
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Brooklyn)
Percy CAN go bad- I doubt the Maruaders thought Peter would- and look what happened there- and as we've seen with Sirius, you don't always go the way your family raised you-
I think Percy won't go all the way bad. He thinks he is right and everyone else is wrong. He won't be welcomed home with open arms and will probably not ask for forgiveness. I don't think Fudge will give Dumbledore the full support that he will need to fight Voldie. I mean Voldie coming back is going to make Fudge look like a dolt. I can see Fudge coming down with a serious illness in book 6.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Fudge getting a mysterious illness eh?
Fudge seemed to be characterised as genuinely scared when he saw Voldemort return in the Ministry of Magic Book 5. Almost terrified. Sure you could say that is because of the reign of terror before Harry's birth, but I think there was something more to it. Eveyone else seemed to accept it a little more readily. Fudge went to extreme measures in order to have people believe Voldermort's rise was a lie. Perhaps Fudge will have to do something, has he crossed paths with Voldemort before?
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I was thinking about it and I think the one thing linking all the books is Fawkes- he's becoming more and more important- I think something big will be revealed about him later on- we thought we knew all his powers in book 2, but he showed some new ones in book 5- I think hes got more up his .... erm.. feathers-
He's played a part in most of the books, except maybe book3, but I reckon that that's too obvious. J K Rowling said that noone had guessed it though. I wish she could read our thread and give us feedback as to whether some of the ideas are on the right track or not. I mean there are so manyideas, that some might be!
What about Dumbledore saving Fudge's life in a battle or something, then maybe Fudge will stop acting like an idiot. I'm assuming that he's not under the imperious curse, but he's just a bit stupid.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
He's played a part in most of the books, except maybe book3, but I reckon that that's too obvious. J K Rowling said that noone had guessed it though. I wish she could read our thread and give us feedback as to whether some of the ideas are on the right track or not. I mean there are so manyideas, that some might be!
What about Dumbledore saving Fudge's life in a battle or something, then maybe Fudge will stop acting like an idiot. I'm assuming that he's not under the imperious curse, but he's just a bit stupid.
I would absolutely love it if she was posting on this thread (perhaps she is) but then again... It would undoubtedly influence her, and possibly distract her from the original plan for the books. I think we have a case of choosing the lesser of two evils here.
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sire)
I would absolutely love it if she was posting on this thread (perhaps she is) but then again... It would undoubtedly influence her, and possibly distract her from the original plan for the books. I think we have a case of choosing the lesser of two evils here.
True. Didn't she say ages ago that she visits sometimes to see what people think of HP? It would be pretty cool if she came by this site too. But yeah, if it distracts her from writing the books, I'd too prefer if she stuck tofinishing them.
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think it'd be interesting if the mystery power in the room and Harry turned out to be guilt.

It'd certainly be a deserving fate for Voldemort -maybe Harry could channel it into him.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Egan1)
I think it'd be interesting if the mystery power in the room and Harry turned out to be guilt.

It'd certainly be a deserving fate for Voldemort -maybe Harry could channel it into him.

Not such a bad idea
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Egan1)

Everyone's talking about love being the power, but yeah, it could be guilt or at least a concience. That would destroy Voldie. Imagine feeling guilt for being responsible for thousands of deaths. Horrifying!
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Everyone's talking about love being the power, but yeah, it could be guilt or at least a concience. That would destroy Voldie. Imagine feeling guilt for being responsible for thousands of deaths. Horrifying!
I don't think it would be something so lame as love, what about companionship. Very similar I know, but Voldemort has the supposed love of many followers, yet nothing in the way of a companion/true friend.
Magic101
Report 15 years ago
in any event- I totally agree on the gleam of triumph- I think its that Voldie is killable now as well- I don't think it would be interesting if Dumbledore turned out evil- I think it would be really pathetic- like he betrayed the readers as well as the characters- I'd be mad and not read the books again- I do think there is something to him killing that other wizard... I guess we'll have to wait and see
maybe that is how Dumbledore got the scar on his knee. possibly during his fight w/ Grindlewald.
Magic101
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
I don't think it would be something so lame as love, what about companionship. Very similar I know, but Voldemort has the supposed love of many followers, yet nothing in the way of a companion/true friend.
it could be companionship or guilt but it could be a lot of things. it is just assumed that the power is love.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Magic101)
it could be companionship or guilt but it could be a lot of things. it is just assumed that the power is love.
True, but I assumed that Voldemort would be beaten at the end of the first book and that there was some other bad guy in the second. JKR is just really good for throwing people off.
Magic101
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
True, but I assumed that Voldemort would be beaten at the end of the first book and that there was some other bad guy in the second. JKR is just really good for throwing people off.
yea and sometimes she lets us believe one thing and then it ends up totally different like w/ pettigrew and moody. we thought they were good but then it turned out that they were bad.

speaking of pettigrew, i saw on t.v. last night that there is some short movie thing called the homecoming and it named 3 guys. one of them was named pettigrew. i was like oooo HP!!
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Magic101)
yea and sometimes she lets us believe one thing and then it ends up totally different like w/ pettigrew and moody. we thought they were good but then it turned out that they were bad.

speaking of pettigrew, i saw on t.v. last night that there is some short movie thing called the homecoming and it named 3 guys. one of them was named pettigrew. i was like oooo HP!!
Moody himself wasn't bad. It was only the imposter moody who was evil.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Moody was quite frankly... cool
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sire)
Moody was quite frankly... cool
He still is!
He's not dead-yet!
Magic101
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
yea thats what i meant. i was talking about the fake (imposter) moody.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1529)
79.26%
Leave (400)
20.74%

Watched Threads