Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    He still is!
    He's not dead-yet!
    u know what? in the beginning of book 5 i thought that moody seemed kinda mean and like grouchy maybe. maybe its just me. i dunno.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    He still is!
    He's not dead-yet!
    do u guys think that moody will die? i think that he might die in the last book. i would be surprised if j.k. killed him off during the 6th book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic101)
    u know what? in the beginning of book 5 i thought that moody seemed kinda mean and like grouchy maybe. maybe its just me. i dunno.
    Yeah, but he was written so well both as the victim of an imposter and in book 5. Simply cool

ReputationRep:
    hey i was thinking about something but i couldnt remember if it had happened or not.

did ron, hermione, the weasleys ever throw harry a b-day party? i was thinking that they did but if so i couldn't remember what book it was in. do u guys know?

ohh btw sorry to go off subject. it was bugging me lol.

ReputationRep:
    hey i was thinking about something but i couldnt remember if it had happened or not.

did ron, hermione, the weasleys ever throw harry a b-day party? i was thinking that they did but if so i couldn't remember what book it was in. do u guys know?

I am pretty sure they sent him birthday cakes, not sure about a party

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    I am pretty sure they sent him birthday cakes, not sure about a party
    hmm....maybe i just imagined the thing about a party. or maybe i was getting confused with the party that was for ron and hermione.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dxxx)
    WOW,
    I'm new around here and nobody in their right mind would read 214 pages of you guys talking about Harry Potter so I have no idea what you have been talking about. Well here goes.....

First of all you guys are going way too deep into these books. I think that most of us know that nomatter what you think is going to happen; what really happens will be compleatly different: just like every other book in the world. Things never turn out they way you think they will. But then again you guys have gone through almost every posobility in the world so someone here has to be right. I think you should all just find some other book that you can enjoy (yes Herry Potter is not the only series in the world). Read that book and maby some other ones until the sixth book comes out and then guess what? You might just find out what happens next.
    WOW WHAT A CONCEPT!!!

P.S.:I know sarcasm is hard to portray when you are just typing so don't anyone go thinking im ripping on all of you. I love Harry Potter too. I just think that this is a wast of time.
    Even tho it does not coencern u in the least, i have read many other good books, and i happen to like harry potter best, so sue me. Hey here's a real concept: Don't waste our time with useless posts that we don't care about WOW WHAT A CONCPT!!! And i guess u have absolulty no imagination, but some of us like to talk about books we read, and talk about our theores or unanswered questions. And usually u don't make fun of things u like, so i am not buying : "i love harry potter". Also, i don't recall asking for ur advice as too what to do with my spare time.

P.S: I know anger is also hard to portray when you are typing, but it think you get the idea. I don't care what you think, and yes, i am ripping on you.

ReputationRep:
    on another note, i am still confused as too y intruder moody taught harry how to fight off the imperius curse, when it could have been very usful to volde. Was he just trying to gain harry's trust or what?

ReputationRep:
    No.

Harry has always been at Privet Drive on his birthdays (apart from book 1). He gets sent cakes etc but the parties they have had have been for different occassions.

They had a 'feast' type of thing at the Weasley's in book four and then there was one for Ron and Hermione in book five.

(Original post by PadFoot90)
    on another note, i am still confused as too y intruder moody taught harry how to fight off the imperius curse, when it could have been very usful to volde. Was he just trying to gain harry's trust or what?
    Yes, it does seem a bit...silly really. I think it is probably something not to nitpick.

ReputationRep:
    yeah u r right, i was just confused

ReputationRep:

I reckon that J K Rowling should get the Weasleys to throw Harry a surprise birthday party. He deserves it. I had never wondered why imposter Moody taught Harry's class the 3 unforgivables, but I'm confused too. Maybe someone should ask J K Rowling that question. Maybe it was a bit of arrogance by Voldie, thinking that he'd be able to beat Harry anyways, so he wanted a better fight.

ReputationRep:
    [COLOR=indigo]Eye! Harry Potter is great and all, but has anyone ever read Artemis Fowl? It's another fantasy. I adore harry, but I still LOVE Artemis! You should read it. I understand that this is a Harry Potter message board, but I'm just trying to pass the word to other fantasy lovers such as myself! It's becoming really popular now! Ok, that's all I wanted to say. Bye![/COLOR]

ReputationRep:
    All in favor of Artemis Fowl over Harry, say"Eye!" Eye! Harry Potter is great and all, but has anyone ever read Artemis Fowl? It's another fantasy. I adore harry, but I still LOVE Artemis! You should read it. I understand that this is a Harry Potter message board, but I'm just trying to pass the word to other fantasy lovers such as myself! It's becoming really popular now! Ok, that's all I wanted to say. Bye!

PS, I screwed up on my last post. Honestly, I have no idea what went wrong! He he!

ReputationRep:
    Even tho it does not coencern u in the least, i have read many other good books, and i happen to like harry potter best, so sue me. Hey here's a real concept: Don't waste our time with useless posts that we don't care about WOW WHAT A CONCPT!!! And i guess u have absolulty no imagination, but some of us like to talk about books we read, and talk about our theores or unanswered questions. And usually u don't make fun of things u like, so i am not buying : "i love harry potter". Also, i don't recall asking for ur advice as too what to do with my spare time.

P.S: I know anger is also hard to portray when you are typing, but it think you get the idea. I don't care what you think, and yes, i am ripping on you.
    ohh! he hoard the HP hater!!! way to go PadFoot!!!!

ReputationRep:
    ohh! he hoard the HP hater!!! way to go PadFoot!!!!
    thanx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruenna)
    All in favor of Artemis Fowl over Harry, say"Eye!" Eye! Harry Potter is great and all, but has anyone ever read Artemis Fowl? It's another fantasy. I adore harry, but I still LOVE Artemis! You should read it. I understand that this is a Harry Potter message board, but I'm just trying to pass the word to other fantasy lovers such as myself! It's becoming really popular now! Ok, that's all I wanted to say. Bye!

PS, I screwed up on my last post. Honestly, I have no idea what went wrong! He he!
    seeing as this is an harry potter thread, i don't see you getting many "eye eye"s
    no offense tho

ReputationRep:
    -The title will be 'Harry Potter and the Green Flame Torch.' This rumored torch is supposed to be a mystical torch that heals good and kills evil.
    -The title will be 'Harry Potter and the Shield of Haru.' This is supposed to be an old magical artifact used against the Dark Wizard before Grindelwald.
    -The title will be 'Harry Potter and the Undergoing of the Prophecy'

-After the release of Goblet and before we knew the title of the fifth book, it was noted that Time Warner, inc. had registered the following Harry Potter trademarked titles at the UK Patent Office: Harry Potter and the Alchemist's Cell,
    Harry Potter and the Pyramids of Furmat,
    and Harry Potter and the Chariots of Light.

This is from a website i found... tought u might find it interesting.

IDEA IDEA IDEA!!! As too that part in book 2 that is supposed to be important, how about harry says " I can't be salazor's great geat great grandson" and hermoine says " for all we know you could be" that got dropped right after that

ReputationRep:
    Artemis Fowl. I've not read it, yet it has been recommended to me by someone who loves a good book as much as I do. I shall look for it one day. When I finish reading the other 3 books I'm reading at the moment.

ReputationRep:

IDEA IDEA IDEA!!! As too that part in book 2 that is supposed to be important, how about harry says " I can't be salazor's great geat great grandson" and hermoine says " for all we know you could be" that got dropped right after that
    Has anyone ever noticed how most of the thing that Hermione says comes true. read book1 thru book3 in the last couple of days to recap. even book5 has enuf instances where Hermione says that voldie cud actually be baiting harry and it turns out to be true. she keeps insisting that harry learn occlumency, but harry doesn't listen to her to a huge cost.

even the firebolt thingy where she says that it may be from sirius, etc.

book5 also has a interesting thing about crookshanks, who sits next to sirius when he is talking to harry thru gryffindor common room fire.

think that we need to pay more attention to what hermione says in the coming books...

GK1

ReputationRep:
    incidentally good post about the impostor moody. why wud someone goto such great lengths to teach harry how to throw off the imperius? seems funny.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.