Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    about JKR visiting these pages, may be true may not be true. but definitely she would have some surprises in store for us. otherwise what good is a plot if everything went as per your expectations.

ARGGGGG..... cannot wait any longer for book6. when is the damned thing coming out??? 2005 seems to be a long time to wait for.

GK1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcoverst)
    I think Percy won't go all the way bad. He thinks he is right and everyone else is wrong. He won't be welcomed home with open arms and will probably not ask for forgiveness. I don't think Fudge will give Dumbledore the full support that he will need to fight Voldie. I mean Voldie coming back is going to make Fudge look like a dolt. I can see Fudge coming down with a serious illness in book 6.
    Just had to post while I remember what I was going to say, so sorry if its already been mentioned.

We know that Voldemort is out recruiting Death eaters during book 5, so what if he did recruit Percy. We already know that Percy's a bit power-hungry, and Voldemort could offer him that power. There seem to have been a fair few Ministry officials who turned out to be Death Eaters, so why not one more. Percy was dead against Harry and Dumbledore but we all assumed he was just too connected with the ministry. It would make a bit of an interesting twist if this did happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GK1)
    incidentally good post about the impostor moody. why wud someone goto such great lengths to teach harry how to throw off the imperius? seems funny.
    I think they were taught under Dumbledore's instruction, it says something about Dumbledore thinking they should learn them, I guess fake Moody taught them to avoid arrousing suspicion. The real Moody would have followed Dumbledore's orders so the fake Moody had to. Also it gave him a chance to get closer to Harry to help him throught the tasks and get him to the Goblet first, and thus to Voldemort.

ReputationRep:
    man, you don't on here for 1 day and you've got afew pages to catch up on.

going back to the love thing, i don't think harry will use it as his main weapon. cos if he is going to kill volemort, he needs to use of of the Unforgivables Curses. and you have to really mean it make them work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)

going back to the love thing, i don't think harry will use it as his main weapon. cos if he is going to kill volemort, he needs to use of of the Unforgivables Curses. and you have to really mean it make them work.
    I'll be quite disappointed if love was the final weapon, it seems like such a cop out. I really liked that guilt idea tho, it'd be so good to ive Voldemort a conscience so he'd have to live the rest of his life knowing what he did to all those innocent people. Obviously he'd have to ahve his wand snapped as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    I'll be quite disappointed if love was the final weapon, it seems like such a cop out. I really liked that guilt idea tho, it'd be so good to ive Voldemort a conscience so he'd have to live the rest of his life knowing what he did to all those innocent people. Obviously he'd have to ahve his wand snapped as well!
    it would be cool if he was forced to feel the pain of all the souls of the people he has destroyed.

Like Ghost Rider.

ReputationRep:
    ack. you guys made me read 7 pages.

yeah, the guilt thing was definitely cool. Imagine Voldie hearing the voices of the people he killed all the time. He'd go crazy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)

i think that some other spell would come out in the last 2 books... probably dumbledore would teach harry something else. Coz i don't really think that Harry would use one of the Unforgivable Curses. It's like he's going down to the level of Voldemort and the death eaters by doing so. But he would, me thinks, use his knowledge on the forbidden curses to try and avoid em, or reverse em, or use the one he learned from the fake moody about the imperius? curse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    i think that some other spell would come out in the last 2 books... probably dumbledore would teach harry something else. Coz i don't really think that Harry would use one of the Unforgivable Curses. It's like he's going down to the level of Voldemort and the death eaters by doing so. But he would, me thinks, use his knowledge on the forbidden curses to try and avoid em, or reverse em, or use the one he learned from the fake moody about the imperius? curse.
    he can shake off the Imperius Curse, he's suffered the Cruirtus crurse and he has suffeved the Killing One.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    he can shake off the Imperius Curse, he's suffered the Cruirtus crurse and he has suffeved the Killing One.
    maybe a little more practice and he'd be immune to the forbidden curses! Harry, the invincible, Potter!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    maybe a little more practice and he'd be immune to the forbidden curses! Harry, the invincible, Potter!
    i serious dount that. As the propesie (dam my spelling) states only volemort can kill him. So he is immune to death by anybody apart from volemort.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think it said ONLY Vold could kill him, just that one of them has to die because they both can't live at the same time- I don't think Harry is invincible to other deaths-

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was kind of no question that the locked room was full of love- Dumbledore said it was- I believe the quote was "There is a room in the Department of Mysteries that is kept locked at all times. It is the contents of this room that you possess in such quantities that (something about Vold not being able to possess him for long) In the end, it was your heart that saved you"

And Dumbledore is always right- he may not make the best decisions all the time, but anything he says is the truth-

How bad is that? I can almost quote a line from a book about ten miles away from me right now....

ReputationRep:
    If JK IS reading along, I doubt she'd be too influenced by what we say- she decided what she was going to do years ago- but it would be nice if she could say one of us was on the right track!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)

I'm not too sure that Harry will have to use a curse at all. After all he was 'the boy who lived' without using a curse himself. It was simply an old magic used by his mother. I'm getting visions of 'The Matrix' here. NEO - "you're telling me I can dodge bullets?" MORPHIUS - "I'm telling you that when the time comes, you won't have to". Does anyone else think there is anything in that? Its a thought anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    I thought it was kind of no question that the locked room was full of love- Dumbledore said it was- I believe the quote was "There is a room in the Department of Mysteries that is kept locked at all times. It is the contents of this room that you possess in such quantities that (something about Vold not being able to possess him for long) In the end, it was your heart that saved you"

And Dumbledore is always right- he may not make the best decisions all the time, but anything he says is the truth-

How bad is that? I can almost quote a line from a book about ten miles away from me right now....
    That is most impressive. I do like that lol

ReputationRep:
    Have yoi noticed how other people are trying to copy the name of our this thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic101)
    hmm....maybe i just imagined the thing about a party. or maybe i was getting confused with the party that was for ron and hermione.
    I'm surprised that they threw Ron and Hermione a congratulations party, but not a birthday party for Harry. Also, didn't the weasleys realise that Harry might have been a bit upset about not being made prefect. I hope that this is made up by Harry getting good OWLs and getting a party thrown for the 3 of them

ReputationRep:
    Just had to post while I remember what I was going to say, so sorry if its already been mentioned.

We know that Voldemort is out recruiting Death eaters during book 5, so what if he did recruit Percy. We already know that Percy's a bit power-hungry, and Voldemort could offer him that power. There seem to have been a fair few Ministry officials who turned out to be Death Eaters, so why not one more. Percy was dead against Harry and Dumbledore but we all assumed he was just too connected with the ministry. It would make a bit of an interesting twist if this did happen.
    Could happen, but I don't think that Percy could kill or deliberately injure someone. Maybe he will have to choose between ower ans family and love will prevail.
    Has been mentioned before, but what about some form of ancient magic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Could happen, but I don't think that Percy could kill or deliberately injure someone. Maybe he will have to choose between ower ans family and love will prevail.
    Has been mentioned before, but what about some form of ancient magic?
    i reckon he might die in the next book. jk hinted there is more deaths coming in the last few books.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.