Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    J K Rowling has now said in 2 interviews that Harry might not survive at end of book 7. What do you guys think. The prophecy says that in order for Voldemort to die, Harry would have to kill him, or vice versa. However, Dumbledore could have killed Harry if he had killed Voldemort when Harry was possessed. That doesn't make sense as the prophecy says that Voldemort has to die at the hand of Harry. In this case, Harry would not have killed him.
    Surely, the way in which Harry and Voldemort and Harry would both die, is surely if Harry is possessed, and Harry sacrifices himself. But then, there would not be a battle scene at the end. Therefore I'm hoping that Rowling will not kill Harry at the end.
    But what do you guys reckon? Will Harry die at the end of book 7, or will J K Rowling will be kind enough to let him enjoy the aftermath of killing Voldemort?
    I think he will die

ReputationRep:
    hey guys,
    In the fifth book who's patonus (sorry about spelling) is the otter?

ReputationRep:
    hermione's patronus is an otter. we still do not know anything about ron's.

GK1

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering but does anyone think Dumbledore will die anytime in the next couple books?

ReputationRep:
    nar, dumbledore is needed to explain things in the books so JK won't kill him off anytime soon.

If he died in book 6, then volemorts next target would be Hogwarts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    I'm not too sure that Harry will have to use a curse at all. After all he was 'the boy who lived' without using a curse himself. It was simply an old magic used by his mother. I'm getting visions of 'The Matrix' here. NEO - "you're telling me I can dodge bullets?" MORPHIUS - "I'm telling you that when the time comes, you won't have to". Does anyone else think there is anything in that? Its a thought anyway.
    that was my favorite quote of the movie. it would be kind cool if that came into Harry Potter.

"vision of volemort about to kill Harry with Avadea Kevada only to have harry raise his hand and stop it in mid air"

ReputationRep:
    I have been listening to the book 5 tapes and got to the part where Trelawney got her review back and she states that she has given Hogwarts 16 years of loyal service. If my math is correct that means that she gave her prediction about Harry a year before he was born and two years before Voldie tried to kill him. What do you all think of this?

ReputationRep:
    sounds about right- but I think all the teachers years at Hogwarts are significant- especially Snape's, but I've browbeaten everyone with that already

ReputationRep:
    Dumbledore might die in book 7- he talks so much about not being afraid of death and next great adventure, he's got to go sometime-

ReputationRep:
    I wonder why an otter- does anyone know anything about Otters?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    Nope.
    And, do you know Rons patronus?I dont think its mentioned in the fifth book.

ReputationRep:
    Yep! I know what otters are-fish eating water animals.

ReputationRep:
    Dumbledore might die in book 7- he talks so much about not being afraid of death and next great adventure, he's got to go sometime-

hello!! I know I haven't visited this site like for centurys...I wonder if any of you still remembers me..lol!!

I think that if dumbledore hans't die so far he wont die in the next books!!!! but who knows...it will be rrealy bad if he dies...sirius has already gone...but I shure that he will be talked about in the next books!!

218!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!good what have I miss??lol

ReputationRep:
    i wonder why d keeps on changing the name of this thread back to hp - the ultimate discussion as opposed to hp and the ultimate discussion???

ReputationRep:
    I Love harry potter. but im only on the forth book so i dont know who dies in the fith. (i dont want to know)
    Am i sad for loving this book. ha ha ha

ReputationRep:
    I'd advise you not to read this thread then because it definitely says who died in it somewhere.

As for the thread title. It should be Harry Potter and the Ultimate discussion!!

ReputationRep:
    why an otter..........?what were u gonna say?

ReputationRep:
    It will be sad if Dumbledore dies! .But if he dies Harry has to do everything by himself.I mean Dumbledore tells what to do next.If he dies he has to end the battle without him!

You understand what I am trying to tell right?

ReputationRep:
    I think Lupin will die because of Pettigrew! And he has to be more
    free to Harry.He still acts like a Professor to him!

ReputationRep:
    No, Lupin can't die! I want him to take over as godfather to Harry!
    I prefer HP and the ultimate discussion, as it sticks to the style of the titles of the actual books.Though have to admit, I hadn't noticed the changes before. When does d make the changes? He never seems to beonline!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.