The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** Watch

This discussion is closed.
Larrin0137
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
This is a bit off subject, but i was reading sumthing about hp and it said that some one that wanted to learn magic would learn it in the 6th or 7th book. It was just a theory (i think) but i'm rereading the series, and i read that Filch is a squib and he was trying to learn magic by that quickspell thing and it brought to my attention that he might be the 1 that learns magic (if it wasn't just a theory) in the 6th or 7th book. Plus it isn't a very big part in the book, and JKR said that sumthin in the 2nd book that wasn't very big would play a part in the next book.and Filch being a squib (in my opinoin) wasn't a very big part. I dunno if anyone agrees with me but i was just felt like stating that.
Apollo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Remember my post about how lily and james escaped voldemort three times? Well only one person answered so i was wondering if anyone else had an opinion.... We know lily and james escaped voldemort three times, but only harry has survived the killing curse. why did'nt voldemort try to kill them? (or nevill's parents for that matter)

Sorry if i sound persistent :P
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think again dumbeldore will be forced to leave the school in secret. Harry is very worried. He goes down to visit hagrid. During the visit harry sees dumbledore's pensive in hagrid's house. He wants to see if hagrid saw dumbledore leave, so he sneaks downin the middle of the night. He accidently see's the memory of when his parents die. He hears the conversation between voldemort and james, then voldemort and lily. He finds out lily was a death eater.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Well, James and Lily were part of the Order of the Phoenix, as well as Neville's parents. That means that they would have come up against the Death Eaters and Voldemort evn quite a few times. Maybe then, Voldemort tried to kill them, and they escaped three times. At this time, Voldemort probably didn't know that Lily was going to have Harry, and Voldemort probably didn't have a specific reason to try and kill them apart from the fact that they were part of the order. then Voldemort might have found out that that Harry was born through Pettigrew, and then specifically came after them. Dunno if I quite know what I'm talking about or even if it answers your question Siriusfan. if it doesn't then sorry, cause I don't really know the answer. We'll just have to wait for the next books.
I wonder if Dumbledore told Lily and James about the whole prophecy or just what Voldemort knew. i'm guessing no, because surely they would have told Lupin and Sirius about this, unless they were told not to tell anyone. And do you think that Dumbledore knew that one of the close friends was untrustworthy and could be a spy?
Xenon
Rep:
?
I don't think that J K Rowling will use the storyline of Dumbledore being forced to leave Hogwarts again, because she doen't seem to like repeating things. Though using a pensieve to reveal secrets would be pretty good, unless there's somethig else to reveal past memories or secrets.
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hmmm...appologies this isn't really carrying anything on, just wondering how many new characters people think will be introduced in the next two books- and which characters will figure more prominantly in the plots- in the most recent we had new: Tonks, the man with her *can't remember name- need to reread book!* and we found out alot more about Mrs Figg and ______(?)...
*tries to think of characters from previous books seemingly insignificant* hmmm...
Xenon
Rep:
?
The guy who Harry met in the first year, the one who kept bowing to him and came to his house in the 5th book (Diggles?) was barely mentioned. And if Crookshanks is an animagi form, then the animagus. Sorry can't think of anyone else. It's too late.
Magic101
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
i agree w/ some of your ideas. i think that harry might play quidditch for england. that way he wouldn't have to make ginny go to a different position so that he can be seeker again. i would like for him to be seeker for england's team. i think hagrid may die but i am pretty sure that mcgonagall will (i have always like her tho). i also think that harry may sacrifice himself to kill voldemort. well thats just my input and what i think may happen in the books to come.
Magic101
Report 15 years ago
i dont think that harry will become a professor but i do think that he will be able to be in touch with sirius by either standing in front of the veil or maybe somehow going into the veil and being able to come back out with sirius.
CR3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
He'll become an auror and wizarding hero.

He'll also marry Ron.
yea...i was wondering any thoughts on ron....possible gay?

CR
bob hogwarts
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Ah mate your wrong anyway Harry is not half blood and is not equal to vold. lilly and james potter were both wizard/witch so that makes harry pure blood! and vold had a dad who was muggle and a mum who was witch so that makes him half blood! see

well i rekon there will be an 8th book but not till 2010 and it will be 6 years say after when he was in his seventh year at hogwarts and show what harry has done and maybe vold does not die atall and it is the final duel then!

hey hey
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bob hogwarts)
Ah mate your wrong anyway Harry is not half blood and is not equal to vold. lilly and james potter were both wizard/witch so that makes harry pure blood!
harry is a quater blood! lilly was born to two muggle parents....
bob hogwarts
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
why did i put that there lol
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Xenon, I think you could be right about another way of seeing the past. Maybe since Harry still does not know occlumency, he will enter voldemort's mind so far that he can see voldemort's memory's/thoughts. I think this will happen, and he will find out about a secret attack on the order. He tells the order and the attack fails. Then it would not be so bad that harry did not learn occlumency. Then he has to make a choice: not to learn occlumecy and be able to see what voldemort is thinking, but voldemort can posses harry and make harry see things that are not real, or learn it and not be able to help the order. It will be interesting to see which choice he makes. He does not want another Sirius like case, but we all know he REALLY wants to be in/help the order. What do u guys think?
CR3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
harry is a quater blood! lilly was born to two muggle parents....
isn't he a half blood?

CR
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by SiriusFan)
Xenon, I think you could be right about another way of seeing the past. Maybe since Harry still does not know occlumency, he will enter voldemort's mind so far that he can see voldemort's memory's/thoughts. I think this will happen, and he will find out about a secret attack on the order. He tells the order and the attack fails. Then it would not be so bad that harry did not learn occlumency. Then he has to make a choice: not to learn occlumecy and be able to see what voldemort is thinking, but voldemort can posses harry and make harry see things that are not real, or learn it and not be able to help the order. It will be interesting to see which choice he makes. He does not want another Sirius like case, but we all know he REALLY wants to be in/help the order. What do u guys think?
That's the choice which Harry had in book 5, and he chose to not practise occlumency. Maybe Sirius' death coupled with Dumbledore's persuasion will make him realise that he Has to practise it, cos without it, Voldemort will be able to manipulate him like before. I wonder if there's any way of distinguishing b/w what is real and what is not. Maybe Harry will find some way of manipulating Voldemort's mind by using the connection to his advantage.
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Nah, Crookshanks can't be Krum, don't really see the point of that. Can't really be James Potter because he's dead, and can't come back. Even then, his animagus form is a stag. Either Crookshanks is one clever cat or an animagus, unless there's another explanation. You know Crookshanks has green eyes and so did Lily. Well it probably isn't Lily as she's dead, but what if Harry has another relative who we don't about. What if Crookshanks is an animagus form and the animagus is really related to Lily (explaining the green eyes) and is there as Crookshanks to help out and protect.
Where did the thing about Crookshanks having green eyes coming from? I thought his eyes were yellow.
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ditzy blonde)
Where did the thing about Crookshanks having green eyes coming from? I thought his eyes were yellow.
Crookhanks is a princess and Harry has to rescuse her then Harry leaves his homosexual affair with Ron and lives in sin with Crookshanks who occasionally turns back into a cat as Harry is kinky that way.

Harry also has an affair with Neville.

The books will become very sexually orientated. Enough of this kids' crap.
Harry Potter
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Ok, I finished Book 6 a while ago. Now here are some things that happened near the end of book 6. Neville goes and escapes to kill Bellatrix. He fails and dies a horrible death. Harry is astounded and very angry over his friend's death. Voldemort controls his mind and Harry fights back to find him somehow in Albania, next to Voldemort and all other followers. He immediately sees Bellatrix and shouts Avada Kedavra! He kills her, avenging Sirius, Neville, and Frank and Alice. Voldemort laughs and wouldn't stop. Harry cries SHUT UP! He yells Crucio! Voldemort remains laughing. Suddenly Harry is back in his room in the Gryffendor tower. More happens later, but I wont spoil it.
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Harry Potter)
Ok, I finished Book 6 a while ago. Now here are some things that happened near the end of book 6. Neville goes and escapes to kill Bellatrix. He fails and dies a horrible death. Harry is astounded and very angry over his friend's death. Voldemort controls his mind and Harry fights back to find him somehow in Albania, next to Voldemort and all other followers. He immediately sees Bellatrix and shouts Avada Kedavra! He kills her, avenging Sirius, Neville, and Frank and Alice. Voldemort laughs and wouldn't stop. Harry cries SHUT UP! He yells Crucio! Voldemort remains laughing. Suddenly Harry is back in his room in the Gryffendor tower. More happens later, but I wont spoil it.
If you wrote Book 6 then surely you are JK Rowling, not Harry Potter?

He's not real, you know.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (115)
45.63%
Pro-humanity (137)
54.37%

Watched Threads