Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Xenon = a monkey, or a bird (probably an eagle as well)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Xenon = a monkey, or a bird (probably an eagle as well)
    Why an eagle?

ReputationRep:
    Elephant!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Why an eagle?
    Probably cos they look amazing, and it's one of the few birds I know. But birds are free when they are flying. I'm a pretty carefree person. And a monkey because they're my fave animal, and I try to always be active and happy.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think Neville and Ginny will become part of the "Group"? Or are they going to be outsiders again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    Do you think Neville and Ginny will become part of the "Group"? Or are they going to be outsiders again?
    Which group?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    Oce part of the group, alwayspart of the group. I reckon that they will all have a part to play. I think that Neville willbe even more determined to get Bellatrix, and they're all improving in DADA. They will be a valuable asset to the order against Voldie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Which group?
    I reckon that that would be the group that went off to the ministry of magic on those brilliant thestrals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I reckon that that would be the group that went off to the ministry of magic on those brilliant thestrals.
    ah k, that just threw me a tad is all. I was thinking it could also mean the group of Harry, Ron, Hermione. As Neville has tagged along a few times on their escapades, as has Ginny. Brooklyn: Don't leave us in the lurch like this. We're already hangning for the next books, please don't make it worse lol

ReputationRep:
    hahaha- sorry- was taking some "How smart are you" quizes

I meant the group of Harry, Ron and Hermione- they tried to keep it the three of them in the MoM, but the others wouldnt' hear of it- now to me, Luna is a disposable character- she could pretty much dissapear and I don't think it would make much of an impact- but unlike every other student, JK doesn't seem to have given Ginny or Neville any other friends- not that we hear of anyway- and they both have so much invested in the outcome- Neville with his parents, Ginny with the whole Tom Riddle thing- they both have so much to resolve, it seems like they might get to be part of the "Dream Team" now-

I wonder if Harry will form his own "Inner Circle"?

ReputationRep:
    That's funny I always thought of Ginny as having loads of other friends. She was going with Michael Corner and hanging with his friends in book 5. She just doesn't seem the type to be a follower to me.

I would be a cat. They are my favorite animal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    New Thread Discussion point.

What would you have your patronus take the form of???

Sire = Panther
    i already did this thread a while back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Yeah, I remember that. I don't think I was sure back then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Yep. I said I'd have a dragon.

---

Ginny does have friends- for example, I think it's at the start of five, maybe four, at the feast it says 'Ginny was hailed by some fourth years' or something similar.

ReputationRep:
    oh well. so what does everyone think the new movie will be like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    ah sorry mate, didn't realise. am still kinda new here (roughly 2 weeks)
    what was your choice by the way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Poor. But then I haven't really liked any of them. You never know, I may be pleasantly suprised. The new director might have done a better job, we shall have to wait and see.

ReputationRep:
    I dont know about the new director- he doesn't seem to care terribly about the long term of each character, just his own script- and he has them in street clothes most of the time- which is totally wrong- plus will date the movie so much-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    The director of LOTR said that it looked really good, but then, he's probably too polite to say otherwise. Would they always be wearing their wizarding cloaks in and out of hogwarts grounds (I mean when at school)?

ReputationRep:
    I must be the odd one out here. I've not been able to sit through the entirety of either flick so far. Just didn't keep me glued to the set for some reason.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.