Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My patronus would be a Lion!!Its cool! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    yay!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Finally,my half century!!! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    oh well. so what does everyone think the new movie will be like.
    Hope it would be good.and the students shoudnt be wearing muggleclother.And even when they are going to Hogsmede they wear that.Since it is the onle full wizard town in GB, they should wear robes.And I have no photo in which they are wearing school robes! It wont suit the film! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    man Sire. i've just checked ur profile, 63.26 posts per day. How do u manage it.

ReputationRep:
    My post rate seems pretty small compared to some of you newcomers (and some of the old ones). A meer 6.63.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    did ne one read my last post?
    I just read it. I agree. I hadn't thought of it, because Harry keeps saying that Voldie killed Cedric. I also want Lupin to kill Peter, Peter has betrayed Lupin so many times. With Harry's dad, Lily and even Sirius. Lupin is looked at as though he is the level headed one and Peter won't be expecting him to actually kill him. He will think that Lupin will give him another chance.

btw, Sire I hate to say it but your avatar looks like a death eater or something, was that your point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GK1)
    I do not agree. If voldie did not kill cedric then how come he emerged out of the wand "priori incatetem" (sp?) or whatever that was. there has been many posts on the order reversal of james/lily a long time back. so if wormtail were to have killed cedric, then his shadow form wud not have emerged first out of voldie's wand.

GK1
    No, it was wormtial using volde's wand, bcuz volde was still a little blob thing remember? plus it says " a second voice", so it cannot be volde.

ReputationRep:
    These are my predictions as to who will kill who.
    Mr Weasley will kill or at least capture Lucius Malfoy
    Lupin will kill Wormtail
    Neville will kill Bellatrix
    And of course, Harry will kill Voldie.

ReputationRep:
    Notice, it said only that vold. would mark him as that. He could have marked neville as an equal by attacking his parents, or in some other way. Notice also that neville is becoming quite adept at using defense magic - with the help of harry. He has two more books to improve even more. No, I remain convinced that the greatest twist of all will be that, when readers fininsh book 7 they will realize that the whole series might as well be entitled Neville Longbottom as opposed to Harry Potter.
    PR[/QUOTE]

that wud just be pointless though she wouldnt have named it harry potter just to decieve us if she wanted to do this she would have named it something like hogwarts. i do think that neville will become as strong as or if not stronger than harry because of like u said bout him improving. And theirfore equally share the main role wiv harry at the end by defeating voldemort. i dont think that jk would have described the whole life of harry frm start and called it harry potter just to make it all not matter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    that wud just be pointless though she wouldnt have named it harry potter just to decieve us if she wanted to do this she would have named it something like hogwarts. i do think that neville will become as strong as or if not stronger than harry because of like u said bout him improving. And theirfore equally share the main role wiv harry at the end by defeating voldemort. i dont think that jk would have described the whole life of harry frm start and called it harry potter just to make it all not matter
    I agree. And anyways, it seems fitting for Neville to kill Bellatrix, and for Harry to kill Voldie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I agree. And anyways, it seems fitting for Neville to kill Bellatrix, and for Harry to kill Voldie.
    What about Dumbledore, who is going to kill him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    What about Dumbledore, who is going to kill him?
    Could be Voldie. Dumblydore could be trying to protect Harry again, and in doing so, sacrifices his life for Harry, showing just how much he cares for Harry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Could be Voldie. Dumblydore could be trying to protect Harry again, and in doing so, sacrifices his life for Harry, showing just how much he cares for Harry.
    Interesting theory. I don't suppose it could be someone in the Order who turns bad and kills Dumbledore by being able to get close to him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Interesting theory. I don't suppose it could be someone in the Order who turns bad and kills Dumbledore by being able to get close to him?

Maybe Snape really is evil!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    It's a bit too similar to having a spy in the order, and that's already been done by J K Rowling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    It's a bit too similar to having a spy in the order, and that's already been done by J K Rowling.
    Yeah true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    man Sire. i've just checked ur profile, 63.26 posts per day. How do u manage it.
    I eat plenty of Vegemite on toast in the mornings. nah.. actually I just type really quick, and am finding this fascinating at the moment. Though I do spend long periods away from home, just got back after 2 days but the last time I was on, I think I clocked 150 posts in about 3 hours waiting for a mate to pick me up for a game of golf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommypip)
    Maybe Snape really is evil!
    Oh not Snape, please not Snape. He is my favourite character. So dark and mysterious. He is the main reason I continue to read the books. I just want to know all the stuff that JKR refuses to write at this time. Like why he turned, is he really Voldemort's son? etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Oh not Snape, please not Snape. He is my favourite character. So dark and mysterious. He is the main reason I continue to read the books. I just want to know all the stuff that JKR refuses to write at this time. Like why he turned, is he really Voldemort's son? etc
    Plus Dumbledore trusts Snape so he can't really be evil

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

man guys what is going on. normally if u don't come online for a while there is 2 new pages. i come online to find it's on the same page as i left it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    So much catching up to do again! And finished uni for christmas now so couold sit and post all night if I didn't have to work in the mornig, damn work!

Don't think Snape will turn out to be evil/a spy, it just seems a bit too predictable, again, I'd be very disappointed if that happened

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.