Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Not sure what you are talking about, can you explain more. How would harry killing voldemort and saving himself go against the prophecy???

The prophecy doesnt say they both have to die.

(Original post by sateazn)
    i'm just thinking about the prophecy, i think the classic thing for JKR to do is to completely go against what she wrote about the prophecy and make it so that harry finds a way to kill voldemort and still save himself. it's what nobody is expecting. i think that would be a good ending.

ReputationRep:
    And whats more, that is what we are all expecting or hoping. I think that is why this thread is even here to imagine what if the obvious didnt happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sateazn)
    i'm just thinking about the prophecy, i think the classic thing for JKR to do is to completely go against what she wrote about the prophecy and make it so that harry finds a way to kill voldemort and still save himself. it's what nobody is expecting. i think that would be a good ending.
    (Original post by lavender)
    Not sure what you are talking about, can you explain more. How would harry killing voldemort and saving himself go against the prophecy???

The prophecy doesnt say they both have to die.
    That was what I was going to say. The prophecy basically says one has to die -not that they will both have to go together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavender)
    And whats more, that is what we are all expecting or hoping. I think that is why this thread is even here to imagine what if the obvious didnt happen
    Are you sure the prophecy says they both have to die??? I thought said that one of them must kill the other, only nobody knows who will kill who. I could be wrong, but I'm still pretty sure thats how the prophecy goes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Are you sure the prophecy says they both have to die??? I thought said that one of them must kill the other, only nobody knows who will kill who. I could be wrong, but I'm still pretty sure thats how the prophecy goes.
    One has to die at the hands of the other, so one will be killed and one will be the one who kills. One can't live while the other one is alive or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    One has to die at the hands of the other, so one will be killed and one will be the one who kills. One can't live while the other one is alive or something.
    yeah, thought it was something like that. Not sure where people got the idea that they both had to die.

ReputationRep:
    out of discussion question- isn't the name of the warlock who works with Arthur Weasley Perkins? and isn't that what Professor Binns called Harry when he said he was sick? Perkins? think thats a coincidence?

ReputationRep:
    No they both dont have to die and if you read back a few posts you will see that is what i already said.

(Original post by Sire)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    out of discussion question- isn't the name of the warlock who works with Arthur Weasley Perkins? and isn't that what Professor Binns called Harry when he said he was sick? Perkins? think thats a coincidence?
    Hmmm, not sure. Didn't pick that up. Though that Perkins fellow could be someone J K Rowling can call up upon, as sometimes those mentioned previously play a part. Which book and page is Perkins mentioned in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Hmmm, not sure. Didn't pick that up. Though that Perkins fellow could be someone J K Rowling can call up upon, as sometimes those mentioned previously play a part. Which book and page is Perkins mentioned in?
    Keens.

ReputationRep:
    I believe Perkins the warlock is first mentioned in the Burrow in book two- or book one? hmm- but he is mentioned again in book 5- he tells Arthur that the hearing was moved- and Perkins the student who doesn't exist is book 5, the section where Hedwig is attacked. I could be completely wrong on that one- dont have the books here-

ReputationRep:
    I believe Perkins the warlock is first mentioned in the Burrow in book two- or book one? hmm- but he is mentioned again in book 5- he tells Arthur that the hearing was moved- and Perkins the student who doesn't exist is book 5, the section where Hedwig is attacked. I could be completely wrong on that one- dont have the books here-
    You could always check the booksout on that website mentioned in the last page.

ReputationRep:
    Would you guys like it if J K Rowling put Lockhart in book 6? What sort of a role, if any will he play? Actually, thinking about it, although it's totallydifferent to what happened to the Longbottoms, the basis is the same. Both Lockhart and Neville's parents have lost their memories, or at least, Neville's parents can't recognise him. ICould there be a link?

ReputationRep:
    lockhart was there only for an irritating reason and i do not think that he has any more purpose than what he has already served. of course, the link between longbottoms and lockhart is similar, but beyond that there is nothing more. probably neville's parents wud gain their memory back. neville might become strong mentally and magic-wise and then can also be instrumental in someway to bring his parents back.

As to the prophecy, i think it says that `and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not ... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives ...'

I have my question about the either MUST die... This also seems to imply that they can be killed only by the other person, which means that if harry were to survive somehow, then he wud be sort of invincible by anyone else. so he might also have to go...

GK1

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible that the mystery room possesses 'bravery'. coz the definition of bravery is quite complicated. though u might lose, if u still stand up to fight (as harry did in book4 knowing that he too can be killed), it is still a brave act. an act committed to save others rather than inflicting pain/misery to others, which goes definitely true for harry and not so for voldie...

GK1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GK1)
    Is it possible that the mystery room possesses 'bravery'. coz the definition of bravery is quite complicated. though u might lose, if u still stand up to fight (as harry did in book4 knowing that he too can be killed), it is still a brave act. an act committed to save others rather than inflicting pain/misery to others, which goes definitely true for harry and not so for voldie...
    GK1
    i dunno!! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know- I thought it was pretty clear in the book that the locked room contained love- it wasn't bravery he was feeling when Voldie possessed him and he thought of Ron and Hermione- it was love- thats why Voldie couldn't stay inside him-

I've always heard self-sacrifice is the greatest form of love- do you think that will play in somehow?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know- I thought it was pretty clear in the book that the locked room contained love- it wasn't bravery he was feeling when Voldie possessed him and he thought of Ron and Hermione- it was love- thats why Voldie couldn't stay inside him-

I've always heard self-sacrifice is the greatest form of love- do you think that will play in somehow?
    somehow i get the feeling that it will

even if it involves harry dying

which would be awful

*remembers when she used to post on this thread all the time*

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why, but I'm not quite sure about bravery. I mean, yeah, Harry possess'that qualtity, but I just think that some of the other qualities he possess' are more important, like love or conscience and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    somehow i get the feeling that it will

even if it involves harry dying

which would be awful

*remembers when she used to post on this thread all the time*
    Yeah CurryADD, don't see you around as much in this thread these days. I hope that Harry doesn't die, but if he does, it probably use that theory. Though I think that Dumblydore (or friends) will sacrifice his life for harry.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.