The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4500
Btw everyone - just to say I'm now in the second round of auditions for the asian twins in goblet of fire :biggrin:
Reply 4501
Adhsur
Btw everyone - just to say I'm now in the second round of auditions for the asian twins in goblet of fire :biggrin:

Wow! Well done you.

Best of luck etc. Take me with you to the premiere if you get it :wink:
Reply 4502
Egan1
Wow! Well done you.

Best of luck etc. Take me with you to the premiere if you get it :wink:

Lol! Indeed.

I may want someone to tell me who I'm audtioning for - it's a small role but i should really know before I go in there clueless.
Reply 4503
Adhsur
Lol! Indeed.

I may want someone to tell me who I'm audtioning for - it's a small role but i should really know before I go in there clueless.

Thats really impressive! Do you have a twin then or are they just lookign for people who look vaguely alike?

I'm guessing you mean Parvati and Padma Patil, they go to the christmas ball with Harry and Ron. Wish I was going to be in Harry Potter!

Good luck with the audition.
Reply 4504
ditzy blonde
Thats really impressive! Do you have a twin then or are they just lookign for people who look vaguely alike?

I'm guessing you mean Parvati and Padma Patil, they go to the christmas ball with Harry and Ron. Wish I was going to be in Harry Potter!

Good luck with the audition.

I don't know if they want twins or they are just going to "double" the person virtually.

What kind of people are parvati and padma though?

Thanks!!! It's very slim chance that i'll get the part, but it's a great experience!
Reply 4505
Adhsur
I don't know if they want twins or they are just going to "double" the person virtually.

What kind of people are parvati and padma though?

Thanks!!! It's very slim chance that i'll get the part, but it's a great experience!

You don't really hear much about Padma, she's just Parvati's twin who takes Ron to the ball because her sister asked her to. Parvati is one of the girls in Gryffindor, she's more of a girly girl than Hermione, she's asked to take a butterfly hair clip out at one point and joins with a bit of bitching. The main scene the twins are in is the Yule Ball in Goblet of Fire, theres a link a couple of pages back for a site with all the books online if you wanted to read up on that specific bit.
Reply 4506
ditzy blonde
You don't really hear much about Padma, she's just Parvati's twin who takes Ron to the ball because her sister asked her to. Parvati is one of the girls in Gryffindor, she's more of a girly girl than Hermione, she's asked to take a butterfly hair clip out at one point and joins with a bit of bitching. The main scene the twins are in is the Yule Ball in Goblet of Fire, theres a link a couple of pages back for a site with all the books online if you wanted to read up on that specific bit.

Thank you - that was so helpful! :smile:
Reply 4507
thefish_uk
wow

has anybody here actually read through the whole Harry Potter thread?

As with Xenon - I was here from the beginning so yes.

---

It will be quite ironic if you get the part Adhsur. Think of all the Harry fans out there who'd love to be in the movies -and there's you who hasn't read the books and has no clue as to who is who etc!
Reply 4508
Egan1
As with Xenon - I was here from the beginning so yes.

---

It will be quite ironic if you get the part Adhsur. Think of all the Harry fans out there who'd love to be in the movies -and there's you who hasn't read the books and has no clue as to who is who etc!

I know! I may feel quite guilty. :redface:
Reply 4509
Adhsur

Maybe its something that'll go in your favour tho, I reckon a lot of poeple who audition would be fans with no acting skills who just want to be in Harry Potter
Reply 4510
Adhsur

Ah well- you can alleviate that feeling by inviting me along/sending me free stuff :P

I don't actually like to films but go to see them all the same- there's always hope that they'll improve.
I daresay I could do some acting myself and pretend it was fantabulous if I were to go and see it with some of the cast.
Reply 4511
Adhsur

Good luck. Btw, have you tried reading the books or not? You may have said soemthing b4 but I can't remember.
Reply 4512
Xenon
Good luck. Btw, have you tried reading the books or not? You may have said soemthing b4 but I can't remember.

Not really...
Reply 4513
I vaguely remember something about another set of twins in the books. I might be thinking about something else but weren't there some from another school that danced with padma and parvati. Maby I'm wrong its been a while since I read the books.

By the way I think the LOTR discution will catch up with this thred (not for a long time though).
Reply 4514
dxxx
I vaguely remember something about another set of twins in the books. I might be thinking about something else but weren't there some from another school that danced with padma and parvati. Maby I'm wrong its been a while since I read the books.

By the way I think the LOTR discution will catch up with this thred (not for a long time though).

this is the longest thread ever! i think theres alot of catching up to do!
Reply 4515
dxxx

It was a boy from Beauxbatons who called his friebd over to dance with the twins.

I don't think the LOTR thread will catch up, theres more that can actually be discussed with Harry Potter because we don't know whats going to happen in the next books so people can form thoeries as well as discuss the books, whereas the LOTR can only discuss the actual books.
Reply 4516
They've nicked our title. The LOTR thread has to earn the title by reaching at least 100 pages!
Reply 4517
LOL it will reach 100 pages.

Yeah I agree that you can talk a lot about what is going to happen in Harry Potter but I think that there is a lot more to Lord of the Rings than there is to Harry Potter.

People have to get sick of talking about potter eventually. :biggrin:
Reply 4518
dxxx
LOL it will reach 100 pages.

Yeah I agree that you can talk a lot about what is going to happen in Harry Potter but I think that there is a lot more to Lord of the Rings than there is to Harry Potter.

People have to get sick of talking about potter eventually. :biggrin:

Nah, not sure aboutthat. There are still 2 more books left to talk about!
Reply 4519
can someone give me the thread id for LOTR pls??

GK1

Latest

Trending

Trending