The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** Watch

This discussion is closed.
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by GK1)
can someone give me the thread id for LOTR pls??

GK1
The thread's in the middle of the 2nd page of the forum.
kcoverst
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Would you guys like it if J K Rowling put Lockhart in book 6? What sort of a role, if any will he play? Actually, thinking about it, although it's totallydifferent to what happened to the Longbottoms, the basis is the same. Both Lockhart and Neville's parents have lost their memories, or at least, Neville's parents can't recognise him. ICould there be a link?
Lockharts only purpose in book 5 was to give Harry, Ron and Hermione a reason to go to the floor of the hospital that Neville's parents were on and also the guy that got killed by the plant. Otherwise, they would not have a reason to be on that floor and would never have meet Neville's parents or seen Neville there with his grandmother.
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by kcoverst)
Lockharts only purpose in book 5 was to give Harry, Ron and Hermione a reason to go to the floor of the hospital that Neville's parents were on and also the guy that got killed by the plant. Otherwise, they would not have a reason to be on that floor and would never have meet Neville's parents or seen Neville there with his grandmother.
True I guess!
Brooklyn
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Not really...

CONGRATS! The Patil twins are Indian, not really asian- parvati is a girly girl- her best friend is Lavendar Brown, her favorite class is Divination (finding out the future) and her favorite teacher is Trewlawny- she can be a bit b**chy (she said something about Hagrid once) but she was honestly excited when Harry asked her to the ball- she REALLY liked being the center of attention- she's not as Flaky as Lavendar if you read all her lines- and since her twin is in Ravenclaw, I'm guessing she's smart, but obviously more brave since shes in Gryffindor- she came in pink robes I think (can someone look that up?) and clung to Harry's arm- I think if you google "Harry Potter Lexicon" and look up the character list in the lexicon, you'll see a description- I haven't checked though-
Brooklyn
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
never mind- lexiconed it myself-

Patil, Padma
Ravenclaw, 91-98
Twin sister of Parvati
went to Yule Ball with Ron (December 1994)
made a Prefect (Sept 1995) (OP10)

Patil, Parvati
Gryffindor, 91-98
went to the Yule Ball with Harry (December 1994)
wears her long dark hair in a plait
best friends with Lavender Brown
very impressed by Trelawney and loves Divination
Seamus considers her and her sister to be the two best-looking girls in their year.
Prongs_TheGreat
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Brooklyn)
CONGRATS! The Patil twins are Indian, not really asian- parvati is a girly girl- her best friend is Lavendar Brown, her favorite class is Divination (finding out the future) and her favorite teacher is Trewlawny- she can be a bit b**chy (she said something about Hagrid once) but she was honestly excited when Harry asked her to the ball- she REALLY liked being the center of attention- she's not as Flaky as Lavendar if you read all her lines- and since her twin is in Ravenclaw, I'm guessing she's smart, but obviously more brave since shes in Gryffindor- she came in pink robes I think (can someone look that up?) and clung to Harry's arm- I think if you google "Harry Potter Lexicon" and look up the character list in the lexicon, you'll see a description- I haven't checked though-
Yes she wears a pink dress and Padma wears a blue dress(i think)
And the twins are absolutely Indian.In my class there are 29 girls.And from that 10 girls' surname is Patil!

And by the way do you see Nickelodean(in that "All That")?
Prongs_TheGreat
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
In "All That" a guy comes named Danny or something.Hois hair is brownish red.Dont you think he is also fit for Ron?

And btw,
Is Oldman fit for Sirius.And I think Tom Cruise is fit for Sirius!With his makeup like in The Last Samurai!He is so cute in that.Well,he is always!
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Prongs_TheGreat)
In "All That" a guy comes named Danny or something.Hois hair is brownish red.Dont you think he is also fit for Ron?

And btw,
Is Oldman fit for Sirius.And I think Tom Cruise is fit for Sirius!With his makeup like in The Last Samurai!He is so cute in that.Well,he is always!
I haven't watched The Last Samurai, so I'm not sure what look you're talking about. I always thought that Sirius would be ruggedly handsome, but v.scruffy in book 3.
ladyblitzer
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Prongs_TheGreat)

And btw,
Grr... My last post was on page 216, i think... so many pages!

I watch all that, but Danny, isn't he kinda fat for Ron? and I don't like him. I think his acting is a bit exaggerated.

I came to accept Gary Oldman as Sirius when I saw the trailer. I loved the part when he was laughing in the Wanted poster. But I siriusly (hehe) think that the guy from the Highlander series would make a good sirius!
ladyblitzer
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Btw everyone - just to say I'm now in the second round of auditions for the asian twins in goblet of fire
OMG. You are soooooooooo lucky! I hope you get the part Then maybe once in a while you can tell us what you and the other cast members have been up to!

Sire: You have become a UK-Learning addict. Those many posts a day?!?
ladyblitzer
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Brooklyn)
I don't know- I thought it was pretty clear in the book that the locked room contained love- it wasn't bravery he was feeling when Voldie possessed him and he thought of Ron and Hermione- it was love- thats why Voldie couldn't stay inside him-

I've always heard self-sacrifice is the greatest form of love- do you think that will play in somehow?
Probably. It could be that some of the chars. would be sacrificing themselves to eliminate those who come Harry's way, death eaters in particular.

And Draco... He's definitely gonna be madder at Harry than ever. He's gonna be the talk of Hogwarts because of the news that his dad is a death eater. But I do hope that he turns out to be good after all!

Sorry for the multiple posts! Aaag... I really should visit everyday so I won't get left behind.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Adhsur
Btw everyone - just to say I'm now in the second round of auditions for the asian twins in goblet of fire
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow. Our very own celebrity. Will you forget us when you move onto stardom?
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhsur

Wow. Our very own celebrity. Will you forget us when you move onto stardom?
I doubt I'll be chosen but if I am of course I won't forget you - I'd probably be on here as much as I could!! Thanks for the encouragement peeps
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I doubt I'll be chosen but if I am of course I won't forget you - I'd probably be on here as much as I could!! Thanks for the encouragement peeps
Pleasure. Just let us know how it turns out
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Pleasure. Just let us know how it turns out
Of course!
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Of course!
Such a kind moderator. Soon to be a famous moderator. Just no hurting Harry please
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Such a kind moderator. Soon to be a famous moderator. Just no hurting Harry please
No hurting Harry? hahahaha! I'll bully him on set *evil grin* teehee.
Brooklyn
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It really would be wicked neat for someone off here to get into the movie- besides- number 4 should be better- really, how could you wreck it? but here's my question- if they can make the new LoTR movie 3.5 hours long, why can't they make Harry movies longer? I mean, judging by the books, the whole "kids attention span" thing is a croc- I'd be all for a 3.5 hour Harry fest- I just wish they'd stay TRUER to the books- the books are so good, its not like they can IMPROVE them by changing things-
Xenon
Rep:
?
Just checking to see if this works. That'sweird, was trying to post and couldn't. I'll try again.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Yeah, I sort of hope that Draco turns out to be good after all, if not good then at least figting on the right side. I was thinking that tehre have been a few incidents where characters have sort of been on the oppsoite side, when they might have been expected to be on one side. Crouch junior was the son of Crouch snr who worked in the ministry. Should have been good, but worked with Voldie. Then there wasKrum who came from a school which was well known for teaching the dark arts. Could be expected to maybe side with Voldie and didn;t. Just makes me wonder if Draco mightside with Dumblydore which would be unexpected.
Good luck with the audition Adhsur. You've got all the backing (and hope and expectations, but no pressue eh ) from the whole forum.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (109)
94.78%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (6)
5.22%

Watched Threads