Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GK1)
    Has anyone given thought to the similarity that exists between harry and his father. james/sirius had snivelly and i think draco has been put for the same reason. to annoy harry/ron. hermione for lily only that she is paired against ron. neville for lupin. i do not know abt the wormtail/peter part. there might be a person who we all take for granted like seamus or dean who might go bad and draco might be a plant for the good side when the fight gets worse. this thingy struck my brain only when i was reading that draco might become good after all that he has done. he now has a strong reason to hate harry as he has been instrumental in keeping lucius behind bars as snape had a reason too...

GK1
    good observation. like snape, maybe draco might become good, but it would not necessarily mean that he would have to start liking Harry. I'm sure with all his skills in snooping around (lol), he'd be of help.

Although, seamus or dean is not really part of Harry's circle. Ginny, perhaps? :eek: Unlikely, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    but the dementors are on the side of voldie-kins, lucius might break out of azkaban.

i don't think draco will ever join the 'goodies'

lou xxx
    Are they? Isn't it that they're still controlled by the ministry? those dementors?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    ...but it would not necessarily mean that he would have to start liking Harry. I'm sure with all his skills in snooping around...
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    Are they? Isn't it that they're still controlled by the ministry? those dementors?
    1. snape does not like james/sirius. he has an immense amount of hatred, which has boiled down to harry and that is the reason as to why is so mean to harry.

2. remember in book5 the dementors leave the ministry side and take voldie's side. reason enuf as to how bellatrix becomes free.

GK1

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that Draco will ever actually like Harry. He probably sees Harry as someone who is ruoning his life. I reckon that the inner group will consist of the usual lot plus Neville ang Ginny (not sure about Luna, or why she was brought in). Maybe Luna was brought in to give an example of what can happen in children's lives. If there is someone who some people think is weird, they might make their life hell, by picking on them etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I don't think that Draco will ever actually like Harry. He probably sees Harry as someone who is ruoning his life. I reckon that the inner group will consist of the usual lot plus Neville ang Ginny (not sure about Luna, or why she was brought in). Maybe Luna was brought in to give an example of what can happen in children's lives. If there is someone who some people think is weird, they might make their life hell, by picking on them etc.
    That's what I want to think. JK says in interviews that she like to put those moral type situations in her books. I also think she is there to show Hermione that there are things that no one believes in that could be true. She is the opposite of Hermione.

ReputationRep:
    This is what Adhsur's going for, I think:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/wo...00/3330159.stm

Darn, this is being advertised proper, so there'll be tough competition!

ReputationRep:
    I have a question, Why do the students at Hogwarts still use a quill and rolls of parchment? I mean if they are modern kids why don't they use pens and pensils and regular paper? I have been thinking about this a lot. Using a quill is not easy you have to practice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcoverst)
    I have a question, Why do the students at Hogwarts still use a quill and rolls of parchment? I mean if they are modern kids why don't they use pens and pensils and regular paper? I have been thinking about this a lot. Using a quill is not easy you have to practice.
    I don't know. Maybe it's just that quills and parchments might often be related to magical stuff. Maybe that's why J K Rowling put it in-just for the effect.

ReputationRep:
    might be a magical reason, might be a snobbishness reason, might be that they can get quills without muggle machines- you need machines to make pencils-

ReputationRep:
    I have heard thjat there is a magical quill which chooses all the children who are suitable for the magical world!it must be true right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prongs_TheGreat)
    I have heard thjat there is a magical quill which chooses all the children who are suitable for the magical world!it must be true right?
    I really haven't got a clue. I haven't heard that before, but maybe you're right!

ReputationRep:
    yeah jk said that in an interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    yeah jk said that in an interview
    Probably

And btw,they will show Fleur in the next booksDsont u think?
    Since Bill is teaching her english.I want to know more about James,Sirius...etc..

ReputationRep:
    Probably

And btw,they will show Fleur in the next booksDsont u think?
    Since Bill is teaching her english.I want to know more about James,Sirius...etc..
    yeah, she'll show up again, jk DID say (through fleur) that she wanted to come back to hogwarts..... I especailly want to kno more about james and how he became a head boy; lupin was the prefect.... What jk REALLY needs to do is write hogwarts a history. also what ive been wondering is what kind of muggle parent would let their child go to hogwarts; and how do they find diagon alley ect. do they have some1 like hagrid come and explain it to the parents?

ReputationRep:
    yeah, she'll show up again, jk DID say (through fleur) that she wanted to come back to hogwarts..... I especailly want to kno more about james and how he became a head boy; lupin was the prefect.... What jk REALLY needs to do is write hogwarts a history. also what ive been wondering is what kind of muggle parent would let their child go to hogwarts; and how do they find diagon alley ect. do they have some1 like hagrid come and explain it to the parents?
    Exactly!I was wondering the same!

And btw,remember Hagrid had said that James was tyhe hadboy.But Sirius told in the fifthe book that he and James were never prefects!How can this happen?If u are not A prefect how can u become a Head boy!And even Lily was a HeadGirl(she probably might have been)but how can James become? :confused: This is confusing!

ReputationRep:
    Exactly!I was wondering the same!

And btw,remember Hagrid had said that James was tyhe hadboy.But Sirius told in the fifthe book that he and James were never prefects!How can this happen?If u are not A prefect how can u become a Head boy!And even Lily was a HeadGirl(she probably might have been)but how can James become? :confused: This is confusing!
    you kno, i was thinking that james being a headboy was accidently overlooked and forgotten by JK.....perhaps we will never kno!

ReputationRep:
    you kno, i was thinking that james being a headboy was accidently overlooked and forgotten by JK.....perhaps we will never kno!
    I'm not sure on this one. Yet you do have me keen to read up on it. I like the theory though. If you can't control someone, give them control of others instead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    I'm not sure on this one. Yet you do have me keen to read up on it. I like the theory though. If you can't control someone, give them control of others instead
    your easily impressed

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Bill and Fleur will get married or something (after all hemust be at a good enough age to get married). That way, Fleur will be seen more, and there will be some happiness in the midst of ongoing darkness. Plus it would be cool to see one of the characters gettingmarried.
    Maybe James becoming headboy is one of J K Rowling's essons to be learnt. Maybe those who seem to be the most well-equiped at a job would not be. Maybe the gact that he was a werewolf affected the descision (unlikely as this is Dumblydore we're talking about). I hope J K Rowling does give us an explanation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Maybe Bill and Fleur will get married or something (after all hemust be at a good enough age to get married). That way, Fleur will be seen more, and there will be some happiness in the midst of ongoing darkness. Plus it would be cool to see one of the characters gettingmarried.
    Maybe James becoming headboy is one of J K Rowling's essons to be learnt. Maybe those who seem to be the most well-equiped at a job would not be. Maybe the gact that he was a werewolf affected the descision (unlikely as this is Dumblydore we're talking about). I hope J K Rowling does give us an explanation.
    you think they will?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.