Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    Oh, you're the person who seems to think that you somehow obtained book 6. Read some of the posts from before to find out exactly why you can't have got book 6. And if you had any common sense, even if you somehow got book 6, it's a bit silly to give away the plot of the book. Noone has even done that for book 5.

ReputationRep:
    Ok " Harry Potter" let's go down the facts one more time. Here's why u don't have book 6
    1: It's not done
    2: It was just started
    3: She said even her friends don't know the title of book 6, so she would not go and give away to a stranger
    4: Even if it was done, y doesn't any one else have it? if it was done, we would all know, and they would be making many more of them.
    5: Because i said so
    6: Somebody already told us that this "contest" did not take place

There are the facts. Now PLEASE stop pretendnig to have book 6. I speak for at least myself when i say it's getting rather annoying.

I think that harry and the others will be able to use the time turner (as in book 3) to bring sirius back. What do u think?

ReputationRep:
    There were too many people there at the time of Sirius' death. It would be near impossible to rescue Sirius without being seen themselves. Too many people could go mad, and too many lives might be changed.

ReputationRep:
    I really wish the time tuner idea would would (as u can tell) but if JKR kept bringing everyone back, there would be no point of them dying, plus they have to get one from the ministry, which would be tough

ReputationRep:
    True. I guess using the excuse that Hermione decided that she doesn't want t drop any subjects for NEWTS and is the most talented witch the wizarding world has ever seen might not work. Anyways, don't think J K would use similar storyline more than once, although I like you would love to see Sirius back.

I dunno if this was posted earlyer but if it was then it was put out of mind. Sirius might not be dead!! They didn't say wat spell it was. It wasn't detailed enough for every 1 to be sure that he is dead. He could just be trapped behind the viel. I might be wrong though. Although the room they were ing was called the death room if i recall correctly. I really dunno though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Larrin0137)
    I dunno if this was posted earlyer but if it was then it was put out of mind. Sirius might not be dead!! They didn't say wat spell it was. It wasn't detailed enough for every 1 to be sure that he is dead. He could just be trapped behind the viel. I might be wrong though. Although the room they were ing was called the death room if i recall correctly. I really dunno though.
    Hmmm...I would like for him not to be dead, and the death was a bit...wooly (?) if you get what I mean...but then JK said in the interview she cried after killing him off and if she knew he was coming back...?- but then she could just be misleading us...

Oh the possibilities!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Hmmm...I would like for him not to be dead, and the death was a bit...wooly (?) if you get what I mean...but then JK said in the interview she cried after killing him off and if she knew he was coming back...?- but then she could just be misleading us...

Oh the possibilities!
    ahh i hate her...well not relly but thats what makes her such a good author...she leaves us with so many unanswered questions!! i hate her!

CR

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean, and the thing is everyone continues to guess over and over what they think is going to happen, but in the end, they are all wrong anyway, and no one knows for sure what is going to happen until the next book comes out. And it ends up seeming like a waste of time guessing anyway.

ReputationRep:
    You are right that she never said what color spell hit sirius. I thought it was red, because the first one was. I think the veil was a portkey and sirius went on a top secret mission, maybe to capture death eaters or something. I am really not sure that he is dead. This is because when he fell through the veil, it says " but he knew it meant nothing- Sirius had only just fallen through the archway , he would reappear from the other side any second" I don't know how to explain it, but harry has never been so sure of something and then had it not happen (except later in the book with the mirror). It just seemed like a tiny change in her writing style. And then Lupin was so quick to stop harry when he went to see..... but maybe that's because he did not want harry to try to get sirius and fall in himself....

*sigh* both sides seem like they could happen

ReputationRep:
    Let's take a poll: All desires aside, Is sirius dead or alive?

ReputationRep:
    unfortunatley..at this point i have to say...that he's dead and never coming back...sorry

CR

ReputationRep:
    I really really hoped i would not have to say this but it was my poll so i guess.... Sirius is........ dead NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    I am never saying that again

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, but as much as I hate to admit it, I don't reckon that J K Rowling will bring Sirius back from the dead. there would be no reason for her to cry if he wasn't dead. I wonder if the mirror which harry broke will play a part in the future though. I hope that Sirius will still feature in the next 2 books even if he's dead (If J K Rowling brings him back proper I'll be delighted, but even though she's full of surprises, I don't think she's bluffing). Hurry up with book 6, so it can hopefully answer some of the unanswered questions.

(Original post by Xenon)
    Sorry, but as much as I hate to admit it, I don't reckon that J K Rowling will bring Sirius back from the dead. there would be no reason for her to cry if he wasn't dead. I wonder if the mirror which harry broke will play a part in the future though. I hope that Sirius will still feature in the next 2 books even if he's dead (If J K Rowling brings him back proper I'll be delighted, but even though she's full of surprises, I don't think she's bluffing). Hurry up with book 6, so it can hopefully answer some of the unanswered questions.

no matter how much i hope otherwise, i'm afraid you're right. but she may have been trying to throw us off track by saying she cried after writing it. She said in an interveiw the harry might not live at the end of the series (as everyonne here im sure is aware of) but she also said she'd be devastated(or something like that) if anyone guessed the ending. So why would she lead us one to the fact that harry might die. Sure, some people might have thought that before but why would she bring attention to it if she didn't want people to guess the ending.... maybe she just likes throwing people off (more likely actually) so maybe she made up the fact that she cried after 'killing' sirius. hmmm

ReputationRep:
    sry, the above post was from me.. =]

Maybe because if Dumbledore tried to kill Harry (because would have really been trying to kill Voldemort), the curse would bounce back because of the protection in Harry's blood and Dumbledore would die? Because Dumbledore would only do it out of hate for Voldemort.

Just an idea...

ReputationRep:
    I think book six will be MUCH darker. In book 5 voldrmort was lying low so to speak because a handfull of people thought he was back. Now, in book six even fudge says he back. Now he will start attacking again. Think of the charactors he will kill

P.S wouldn't book 5 have been a good time to attck because everyone would deny he did it because they did not want to bielive he was back? But i guess then the dark mark would be up and there would be no denying his return...........

ReputationRep:
    I guess that Voldie wanted to stay low because he wanted to get the prophecy before he started attacking everyone. After all he knows that his biggest threat is Harry, and therefore wanted to find out how to kill him, so that if he did manage to destroy Harry, he could get on with ruling the world, so to speak.
    I asked this question before but noone replied. How much of the prophecy, if any do you think Harry's parents knew. Would Dumbledore have told them, and if so, how much of it would he have related?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.