Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    I'm not sure on this one. Yet you do have me keen to read up on it. I like the theory though. If you can't control someone, give them control of others instead
    That would be a simple but understandable theory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prongs_TheGreat)
    Exactly!I was wondering the same!

And btw,remember Hagrid had said that James was tyhe hadboy.But Sirius told in the fifthe book that he and James were never prefects!How can this happen?If u are not A prefect how can u become a Head boy!And even Lily was a HeadGirl(she probably might have been)but how can James become? :confused: This is confusing!
    Probably James showed something really extraordinary/great/exemplary during their 6th year that made him Headboy. And I think he's really smart, as well. His being a prankster might be the only thing that prevented Dumbledore to make him prefect, but he must've realized that James was responsible enough to be Headboy.

Lily... she seems the type that would be Headgirl. I wasn't surprised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    your easily impressed
    It is politics my little eric, power in its most conjunctive essence. I love it

ReputationRep:
    you think they will?
    I sort of hope they will, and it will be a perfect way for J K Rowling to get Fleur into the frame. Also, Bill needs to be included more. Plus, it woul;d be cool to have a wedding shown in such a big family like the Weasleys.

ReputationRep:
    I htink being prefect just makes it more LIKELY you'll be head boy/girl- not the absolute of it- maybe James got it because he saved Snape's life? proving he took responsibility seriously and was willing to risk his life to save his worst enemy?

ReputationRep:
    Isn't Bill ALOT older than Fleur?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    I htink being prefect just makes it more LIKELY you'll be head boy/girl- not the absolute of it- maybe James got it because he saved Snape's life? proving he took responsibility seriously and was willing to risk his life to save his worst enemy?
    you really like harry potter dont you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcoverst)
    I have a question, Why do the students at Hogwarts still use a quill and rolls of parchment? I mean if they are modern kids why don't they use pens and pensils and regular paper? I have been thinking about this a lot. Using a quill is not easy you have to practice.
    I reckon it's part of being a wizard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    I reckon it's part of being a wizard
    i wanna be a wizard

ReputationRep:
    Isn't Bill ALOT older than Fleur?
    Cliche-ish, but they say that age doesn't matter :P

ReputationRep:
    Hey... Why did Snape decide to join Dumbledore? Also, does anyone else believe that Snape is Voldemort's son? I only mention this because when Harry first locked eyes with Snape, his scar hurt. They hadn't even spoken by that point, and this hasn't happened with anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Hey... Why did Snape decide to join Dumbledore? Also, does anyone else believe that Snape is Voldemort's son? I only mention this because when Harry first locked eyes with Snape, his scar hurt. They hadn't even spoken by that point, and this hasn't happened with anyone else.
    the only reason harrys scar hurt because quirrel and voldemort (2 heads) was facing harry as well

ReputationRep:
    i wanna be a wizard
    You can always pretend to be one Get a wand, a wizard's hat, a robe, and viola!

ReputationRep:
    You can always pretend to be one Get a wand, a wizard's hat, a robe, and viola!
    and then what jump off the roof of my house pretending to fly then when i go to hospital say im in the hospital wing and get nurses to wear robes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff )
    the only reason harrys scar hurt because quirrel and voldemort (2 heads) was facing harry as well
    u-huh. I do think that is the reason why harry's scar stinged. Probably Voldemort attacked someone close to Snape, so close that he was willing to risk his life and give up his commitment to the dark side.

ReputationRep:
    u-huh. I do think that is the reason why harry's scar stinged. Probably Voldemort attacked someone close to Snape, so close that he was willing to risk his life and give up his commitment to the dark side.
    :cool: ok

ReputationRep:
    and then what jump off the roof of my house pretending to fly then when i go to hospital say im in the hospital wing and get nurses to wear robes?
    yeah! ask them to play along :P

ReputationRep:
    I have to say- it sounds like walking around in robes all day would be alot more comfy- nothing tight, no fastenings digging in.... maybe this holiday food is getting to me

ReputationRep:
    yeah! ask them to play along :P
    good idea

ReputationRep:
    I have to say- it sounds like walking around in robes all day would be alot more comfy- nothing tight, no fastenings digging in.... maybe this holiday food is getting to me
    or maybe your insane

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.