Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I want to hear more about Charlie and Bill, and Bill does sound like a cool character. There was definitely some chemistry between them in book 4. I can't remember, but did it say in book 5 that they were a couple?
    Also, I was thinking, maybe at the end, Harry's wand gets broken. Then maybe he reverts to muggle way of fighting or wandless magic. It could be J K Rowling's way of saing that the wand is just a tool to help aid your magic, but the magic is inside you. Ok, just realised that that sounds a bit cheesy. Just an idea.
    it doesnt sound cheesy. i was thinking about what would happen if his wand broke too. then i was like "oooo! he could use godric gryffindors sword and fight voldie w/ it." i think that would be cool. perhaps i have been watching too much of pirates of the carribean and thus that is where the sword idea came from.
    well sorry about mumbling on and on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Wouldn't it be funny if Harry lost his wand?
    ohh geeze. here we go again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I wouldn't mind it if that happens, if Harry is forced to use some wandless magic or something.
    yes. i really want him to learn how to do wandless magic when he wants to. not just in a crisis like w/ the dementors etc.

i would like it for a battle to take place at hogwarts and have the order vs. the death eaters etc. then have harry do some neat wandless magic stuff when fighting voldie or malfoy or somebody.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic101)
    it doesnt sound cheesy. i was thinking about what would happen if his wand broke too. then i was like "oooo! he could use godric gryffindors sword and fight voldie w/ it." i think that would be cool. perhaps i have been watching too much of pirates of the carribean and thus that is where the sword idea came from.
    well sorry about mumbling on and on.
    I sort of hope that wandless magic will play a part too, because J K Rowling has hinted itso often. Yeah, I have always liked the idea that the gRyffindor sword still has play a part too.

ReputationRep:
    ohh geeze. here we go again.
    I just hope that he remembers to put it in his sig if he ever has any idea of running round other threads repeating the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I just hope that he remembers to put it in his sig if he ever has any idea of running round other threads repeting the same thing.
    haha yea.

ReputationRep:
    yes. i really want him to learn how to do wandless magic when he wants to. not just in a crisis like w/ the dementors etc.

i would like it for a battle to take place at hogwarts and have the order vs. the death eaters etc. then have harry do some neat wandless magic stuff when fighting voldie or malfoy or somebody.
    I reckon that there are a few places where the final battle can take place: The forbidden forest (though it played a big part in book 3), Godric's Hollow (we have to hearabout that place), Grimmauld Palace, and of course Hogwarts. There will still be little battles going on, butit would be cool if the main battle took place in Hogwarts, what with it's moving staircases and Peeves. I hope Voldie doesn't manage to get a hold of Mauraders map though. Do you reckon that there might be a even bigger role set outfor the map, like the passages used to launchsurprise attacks or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I reckon that there are a few places where the final battle can take place: The forbidden forest (though it played a big part in book 3), Godric's Hollow (we have to hearabout that place), Grimmauld Palace, and of course Hogwarts. There will still be little battles going on, butit would be cool if the main battle took place in Hogwarts, what with it's moving staircases and Peeves. I hope Voldie doesn't manage to get a hold of Mauraders map though. Do you reckon that there might be a even bigger role set outfor the map, like the passages used to launchsurprise attacks or something?
    oohh yea that wouldn't be good for harry and them if voldie got hold of the mauraders map. and if the battle was in hogwarts. but it would make for a good book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I hope Voldie doesn't manage to get a hold of Mauraders map though. Do you reckon that there might be a even bigger role set outfor the map, like the passages used to launchsurprise attacks or something?
    even if he did get hold of the map he wouldn't know how to work it.

ohh wait nevermind. i forgot that he could just ask wormtail how to work it. darn!

ReputationRep:
    even if he did get hold of the map he wouldn't know how to work it.

ohh wait nevermind. i forgot that he could just ask wormtail how to work it. darn!
    Oh man, it would be perfect for the story for Wormtail to get hold of the map, and then tell Voldie how to use it, therefore enabling them to use the secret passages. Man, maybe the last battle could take place in Hogwarts. You reckon we might be right?

ReputationRep:
    I have a quick question..

Just re-reading OOTP atm and though Tonks is a cool character she has the nasty habit of saying "Wotcher" and I've never understoon why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Verno)
    I have a quick question..

Just re-reading OOTP atm and though Tonks is a cool character she has the nasty habit of saying "Wotcher" and I've never understoon why?
    I think it's her way of saying "hi, how are you?", or what's up or something. The point was raised b4, but that was many many pages ago, and I can't remember whatanswer ws gien.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I think it's her way of saying "hi, how are you?", or what's up or something. The point was raised b4, but that was many many pages ago, and I can't remember whatanswer ws gien.
    the Tonks character was simply cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    the Tonks character was simply cool
    Yeah!
    Remember whien harry sees Snivelly's memories while learning Occlumency(I hope the spelling is correct )He sees snape crying when someones fighting or something like that!I think it might have been his parents or someone of his relations!After that he is flying on a broomstick,a girl watching him laughing?Do u think it might have been Lily?
    And do u think that Snape had a crush on Lily?

ReputationRep:
    Is Snape really on the good side? :confused:

I really hope so!

ReputationRep:
    And i with the ditails of his character,I am almost convinced that he is a Vampire!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    And for this go to this link:

http://www.uk-learning.net/faq.php?f..._status_titles
    Thankzz!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prongs_TheGreat)
    Yeah!
    Remember whien harry sees Snivelly's memories while learning Occlumency(I hope the spelling is correct )He sees snape crying when someones fighting or something like that!I think it might have been his parents or someone of his relations!After that he is flying on a broomstick,a girl watching him laughing?Do u think it might have been Lily?
    And do u think that Snape had a crush on Lily?
    I dunno. Some people say that he might have. They say that it might be the deeper reason why he hates James so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prongs_TheGreat)
    And i with the ditails of his character,I am almost convinced that he is a Vampire!
    I believe we have talked about this. The possibility is still there, but I don't think JK would put a vampire and a werewolf in the books at the same time :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    I like your current one- it reminds me of an character in an anime series I used to watch. Hmm...might have to dig that up again over the Christmas holidays.

I've gotten used to your current one being you- it gets confusing when I see other people with it. Someone's using mine aswell and it's not even default.

If you want a Harry character how about a fanart one rather than a real one. I've seen some really fantastic pictures out there -some of the manga-style ones are really good. I'm sure the artists wouldn't mind (?!)
    yeah, it would be cute if the Harry character is a fanart one Mine is actually a Remus fanart. I know some really good sites of Harry fanart

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.