The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4740
Here's all my responses-

I think Neville's wand will be better, but not drastically, he's not Harry after all, and his bumbling occurs in nonmagic ways as well, I think thats just who he is

no way is Snape a vampire- we've seen him at night and in sun and during full moons and every other way that would have shown SOMETHING by now- I think he's just a bitter ex-geek- it happens- nothing sinister about it- he's what happens to little boys that get picked on too much-

I think Remus is going to have to step up a bit now- he's always let somone else be the go getter, but he's the only one who can face Peter now- also, I don't think JK will leave Wormtail for pure evil, she did name him after her father- he must turn good at the last

would be nice for the last battle to be at Hogwarts, but better for it to be at Godric's Hollow- end this where it all began :smile:
Brooklyn
Here's all my responses-

I think Neville's wand will be better, but not drastically, he's not Harry after all, and his bumbling occurs in nonmagic ways as well, I think thats just who he is

no way is Snape a vampire- we've seen him at night and in sun and during full moons and every other way that would have shown SOMETHING by now- I think he's just a bitter ex-geek- it happens- nothing sinister about it- he's what happens to little boys that get picked on too much-

I think Remus is going to have to step up a bit now- he's always let somone else be the go getter, but he's the only one who can face Peter now- also, I don't think JK will leave Wormtail for pure evil, she did name him after her father- he must turn good at the last

would be nice for the last battle to be at Hogwarts, but better for it to be at Godric's Hollow- end this where it all began :smile:

i like the grodics hollow thing....
Reply 4742
curryADD

you do?
Dude
what is the site. i'd like to take a look at it.

I'm sure there would be lots of sites around for the name explanations/ origins, but you can also find it at http://www.mugglenet.com :wink: hope that helps!
Reply 4744
ladyblitzer
I'm sure there would be lots of sites around for the name explanations/ origins, but you can also find it at http://www.mugglenet.com :wink: hope that helps!

they have a site on muggles :eek:
Prongs_TheGreat
Really?Can u tell me? :smile:

Xenon
Hey lady blitzer, can you send me the address' for the sites for the HP fanart please. Ok guys I'm off for 2-3 weeks, so you lot had better keep this thread going. darn, I reckon thatI'll have quite a lot of pages to read when i come back.

For Xenon, Prongs the Great, and other else interested, here is a really good fanart site. Yummy Marauders :smile:

http://www.artdungeon.net/

I lost the other one, but I'm looking for it.
eric bischoff
they have a site on muggles :eek:

It's just the site name :biggrin:
curryADD

i like it too, it´ll make a nice ending, i can see voldemort telling harry: "it is time for me to do what i should have done 18 years ago" raises his wand and....
Reply 4748
Dude
what is the site. i'd like to take a look at it.

Its mentioned about 150 pages back if you wanted a look, most the names are a bit dull and don't really say much, but there was a mention about some old chinese story about a king called Running Weasel (rough translation I guess) who was reknowned for his chess playing or something and had a yellow rat who ended up killing him. Can't rememeber it all, but it basically descibed Ron and Scabbers
Reply 4749
curryADD

I asked this before but I don't think anyone answered me, is Godric's Hollow a village or the name of the Potter's house? I wondered because its quite a magical name and it says in book 3 that Hogsmead is the only non-muggle dwelling in Britain. It'd just seem strange to have muggles living in Godric's Hollow.
ditzy blonde
Its mentioned about 150 pages back if you wanted a look, most the names are a bit dull and don't really say much, but there was a mention about some old chinese story about a king called Running Weasel (rough translation I guess) who was reknowned for his chess playing or something and had a yellow rat who ended up killing him. Can't rememeber it all, but it basically descibed Ron and Scabbers

yeah, that´s right, the rat knocked over a lamp, and it hit him in the head.
ditzy blonde
I asked this before but I don't think anyone answered me, is Godric's Hollow a village or the name of the Potter's house? I wondered because its quite a magical name and it says in book 3 that Hogsmead is the only non-muggle dwelling in Britain. It'd just seem strange to have muggles living in Godric's Hollow.

I think that Godric's Hollow is a town/village where wizards reside. Perhaps it's not in Britain?
ditzy blonde

we don´t really know if it just a house or a village, but maybe there were more non-muggle places in britain when james and lily lived, and a lot of them were wiped out during the war.
Reply 4753
I think Godric's Hollow is a place- they could be the only house in it- Hogsmeade is the only all wizarding VILLAGE- not place- kind of like the forest in Robin Hood, whose name I can't remember right now- it has a name because its a place, not a village-

when someone asked her about naming it Godrics Hollow, she said that was a very good thing to pick up on, and was important, but she couldn't say any more about it without giving away the whole story-
Reply 4754
I wonder if its significant that Voldie tried to wipe out Harry on Halloween- the school has a big feast for it, but you never hear about them having a huge feast for any other holiday-
Reply 4755
Brooklyn
I wonder if its significant that Voldie tried to wipe out Harry on Halloween- the school has a big feast for it, but you never hear about them having a huge feast for any other holiday-

maybe they have a big Halloween feast because that is the day that Voldie disappeared (until he got his body back in book 4). and so that's why it is such a celebrated day. remember in the very beginning of book 1 when McGonagall was talking to Dumbledore and she said "I wouldn't be surprised if they named this Potter day" or something like that. well, what if they decided to not name it Potter day but to have a huge feast every year on that day instead.
Brooklyn

Oh, come on.

JK Rowling is writing a kids' book. Of course the most important day at Hogwarts is going to be the day devoted to Witches, Wizards, Ghosts and all of that.

There could be another significance of the day though, but only for coincidence.

Also, don't they celebrate Christmas? I'm interested how JKR believes the beliefs of these wizards fit in with Christian beliefs. It'd probably be something like God is an impersonal force and Jesus Christ was the first person to find out how to use it and teach people how to be wizards. Why else would they celebrate Christmas? Wouldn't wizards have their own explanation of the Universe?
Magic101
maybe they have a big Halloween feast because that is the day that Voldie disappeared (until he got his body back in book 4). and so that's why it is such a celebrated day. remember in the very beginning of book 1 when McGonagall was talking to Dumbledore and she said "I wouldn't be surprised if they named this Potter day" or something like that. well, what if they decided to not name it Potter day but to have a huge feast every year on that day instead.

im back and LORD OF THE RINGS THREE IS AWESOME
Just wondering-

Is this the largest thread on UK Learning?

Was the Game thread larger than this when it got deleted?

I liked the Game. I feel sorry for those who lost hundreds of posts due to its deletion. Sorry not for losing for the posts, but for being sad enough to post that many on there in the first place.
curryADD
im back and LORD OF THE RINGS THREE IS AWESOME

'tiz

And I thought this was the Harry Potter thread.

Latest

Trending

Trending