Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    hey guys!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!! i missed posting here! let's all look forward to a great year ahead of us, eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    hey guys!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!! i missed posting here! let's all look forward to a great year ahead of us, eh?
    Only 33 minutes to go before New Year here in Australia

ReputationRep:
    Xenon this is for you: http://www.britishdelights.com/cadbury.htm

Are these the Wispa Bars you like so much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Well thats always a thought, but I'm not entirely sure. Isn't Dumbledore's brother dead somehow? I read about a picture with the original Order of the Phoenix showing Dumbledore's brother, but there has been no other mention of him. hmmmmmm
    as far as we know Aberforth (dumbledore's brother) is still alive. remember in book 3 dumbledore was telling harry, ron, about him. and he was talking about him in the present tense meaning that he was alive. and even though his picture was in the original one of the order that doesnt mean that he is dead. take moody for example. he was in the picture but he is still alive.

ReputationRep:
    this is the sureshot ending........Ron will get hurt..his father wuld die....hermoine wuld be caught undera aspell for a long time..dumbeldore wuld die helping harry to kill voldermot....Neville will die too..but he will be able to kill one of the imp part of voldermot..and harry........will live on the fate of prof. Snape

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prince_capri)
    this is the sureshot ending........Ron will get hurt..his father wuld die....hermoine wuld be caught undera aspell for a long time..dumbeldore wuld die helping harry to kill voldermot....Neville will die too..but he will be able to kill one of the imp part of voldermot..and harry........will live on the fate of prof. Snape
    Mmmm hmm...you keep thinking that~*

ReputationRep:
    This will probably get annoying after a while, but I was working on the New Clues book for a couple of hours and decided to take notes. ANd I'd like to see if anyone could help me out (and it'll give us something to think about/talk about here)...

P. 54 in NC: Items of Intrigue (so it’s not a hint) for chapter 13:
    This was the “hint” (wasn’t really a hint..) :

Did you see Harry’s joke about Oliver Wood and Puddlemere United? Are you laughing?

So I looked up the “joke” and this is the quote on page 264:

Scene: Angelina is fuming because Harry landed himself in detention and Harry says:

“‘You know what?’ Harry said to Ron and Hermione as they entered the Great Hall. ‘I think we’d better check with Puddlemere United whether Oliver Wood’s been killed during a training session, because she seems to be channeling his spirit.’”

^ Channeling his spirit? Means carrying the spirit of gloom about Wood’s “death” ?

What are your comments about this? And does this mean Wood might've died?????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    I'm actually kinda hoping he will. All through the books there have been hints that he is just pretending to be good, but Dumbledore is the one who backs him up time and again. Also, I'm pretty sure Snape is Voldemort's son based on the fact that when they first locked eyes, Harry's scar burnt.
    we know for a fact that, that can't be true. cos that would be that Snape is the last dentande of Salazar Slytherin, and we know that is Voldemort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    we know for a fact that, that can't be true. cos that would be that Snape is the last dentande of Salazar Slytherin, and we know that is Voldemort.
    In the first book when Harry is looks at Snape and Snape is looking at Harry, Quarral has his head turned talking to Snape so that the back of his head is facing Harry and at this time Quarrall has Voldie sticking out of the back of his head so that Voldie can keep an eye on Quarral that is why Harry's scare hurt. Voldie was close by and we all know that when Voldie is close or feeling very strong emotions that is when Harry's scare hurts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcoverst)
    In the first book when Harry is looks at Snape and Snape is looking at Harry, Quarral has his head turned talking to Snape so that the back of his head is facing Harry and at this time Quarrall has Voldie sticking out of the back of his head so that Voldie can keep an eye on Quarral that is why Harry's scare hurt. Voldie was close by and we all know that when Voldie is close or feeling very strong emotions that is when Harry's scare hurts.
    Happy New Year's

just thought i would say that because this is the first thread i EVER posted on!

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe that I spelled scar wrong. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    the only reason it appeals to older students is that it is a children's book that you can get away with being seen reading. Most adults enjoy other children's books, eg when they read them to their children.
    Who said they didn't enjoy other children's books?
    I think your reasoning is poor.
    People wouldn't read them just because they are 'children's book that you can get away with being seen reading'. They read them because they get some enjoyment out of doing so.
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Just a thought I wanted to post before I forgot about it, but I've been re-reading book 1 again, and I noticed that Hagrid says that there wasn't a wizard who went bad who wasn't in Slytherin. At the time he would've thought that Sirius was bad as his name hadn't been cleared yet, so that would imply that Sirius had been in Slytherin. Can't remember off the top of my head, but did it actually say in OotP that he hadn't been?
    Hmm, well thought. If he isn't then it's a slight slip up.
    Haha, called in sick to work today, I'm not sick at all, I just hate work, my gullible boss believed me as well, fool! Think I'll do it again tomorrow, bwahahaha! *cackles manically!*
    Shocking!
    ---

As I side note, I've seen two different 'HogsHead' bar/restaurants in the last couple of weeks.

---

It's not time yet for us Englishers Curry -an hour and a half to go

ReputationRep:
    Loads of things to say again, so I'll try and remember it all.

Snape can't be Voldemort's son, purely because the thought of Voldemort having sex in too disturbing for words!

Dumbledore's brother Aberforth is alive, he's the barman at the Hogshead.

How did James get him invisibility cloak in the first place? Just got to the bit in book 1 where Harry gets it and it just got me wondering? Did James inherit it too? Or did he buy it? Or have it bought for him? And how come Dumbledore had it? Just some random questions that have been floating about in my head.

Had another thought as well, I'm sure people mentioned ages ago about the possiblity of Harry being related to Dumbledore (don't think I just imaged this!) Don't think that'd be possible, otherwise Harry would've seen him in the Mirror or Erised.

How does Dumbledore become invisible without a cloak? Doesn't he have better things to dothan follow Harry round at night?

Sorry, just loads of things keep coming to me while I'm reading. Seriously think theres going to be nothing left of the book by the time we've pulled it to pieces!

I'm boycotting the New Year btw, instead of going out drinking with my friends or family I'm sat at home on my own listening to cd's and having a much better time, and I won't be hungover tomorrow, its a win win situation!

ReputationRep:
    Xenon this is for you: http://www.britishdelights.com/cadbury.htm

Are these the Wispa Bars you like so much?
    They were the ones Xenon was on about, unfortunately Cadburys have recently changed them to Cadburys Dairy Milk Bubbly, which just isn't that same, the bars aren't as chunky and are generally inferior! Thats a really good site though, I love the idea of importing good old Cadburys to the US! To all you Americans, go to the site and order some proper chocolate, (Mini Eggs, they're the best!) really, once you've tasted Cadburys you'll realise Hershies just isn't very nice, (please don't pelt me with abuse for this, I just know quite a few Americans how insist on regular chocolate parcels!)

Anyway, back to Harry Potter!

ReputationRep:
    harry potters crap

ReputationRep:
    Loads of things to say again, so I'll try and remember it all.

Snape can't be Voldemort's son, purely because the thought of Voldemort having sex in too disturbing for words!
    *snorts with laughter*. There's probably some fanart out there putting that disturbing thought into traumatising imigary.
    Dumbledore's brother Aberforth is alive, he's the barman at the Hogshead.
    !
    Yeah- so we assume. As I said a while ago, the goat smell thing was a big hint in that direction.
    How does Dumbledore become invisible without a cloak? Doesn't he have better things to dothan follow Harry round at night?
    Maybe Dumbledore is a bit of a perve.

To all you Americans, go to the site and order some proper chocolate, (Mini Eggs, they're the best!) really, once you've tasted Cadburys you'll realise Hershies just isn't very nice, (please don't pelt me with abuse for this, I just know quite a few Americans how insist on regular chocolate parcels!)
    Yes, American chocolate is decidedly inferior. It must be hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrzySxyCool)
    harry potters crap
    Don't feel you have to visit the thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrzySxyCool)
    harry potters crap
    *ignores and hopes the haters will leave the thread because we're not forcing them to stay*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    As I said a while ago, the goat smell thing was a big hint in that direction.
    Hadn't spotted that one, very clever, I'm liking the way JKR just slipped that one in there!

ReputationRep:
    Hadn't spotted that one, very clever, I'm liking the way JKR just slipped that one in there!
    Yeah. -It seems too coincidental not to be -considering goats don't have a well known scent- me thinks she used it for a reason.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.