Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dracos_Goddess)
    Wow....that's really tough to decide......I have no idea! *I'll think about it***

Lol and thanx Sire, happy new year to you too!
    whether fred and george would die, or if one of them would die.....they are my favorites

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    whether fred and george would die, or if one of them would die.....they are my favorites
    HAPPY NEW YEAR CURRYADD!!!!!!!!!

Aww and I hope Gred and Forge don't die.

ReputationRep:
    HAPPY NEW YEAR CURRYADD!!!!!!!!!

Aww and I hope Gred and Forge don't die.
    i know, that part about gred anf forge made me laugh SO HARD....

ReputationRep:
    i know, that part about gred anf forge made me laugh SO HARD....
    lol yea me too- what book was that in? 4th book? I want to find the quote or scene or whatever cuz I forget what they were talking about..

ReputationRep:
    lol yea me too- what book was that in? 4th book? I want to find the quote or scene or whatever cuz I forget what they were talking about..
    no the first book, with christmas when they got there sweaters..... when they opened them there were letters on each and they said we know our own names gred and forge

ReputationRep:
    but who will get the 5000th post??? and when?

ReputationRep:
    no the first book, with christmas when they got there sweaters..... when they opened them there were letters on each and they said we know our own names gred and forge
    lol ooooooooo i think I remember....not really but I'll look it up when I get home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El_Borish)
    what are you replying to?

ReputationRep:
    what are you replying to?
    that's what I was wondering.......................

ReputationRep:
    that's what I was wondering.......................
    what a coincidence....i was wondering that to!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. On the subject of Dumbledore making himself invisable, your forgetting how much he knows. i'm sure that somewhere in his head he knows an old spell that can make him invisable.

just a small thought to the whole age thing with wizards again, how old can they be. we know Dumbledore is really old, but don't forget the O.W.L exammer who said taht he tested Dumbledore on his N.E.W.Ts

ReputationRep:
    hey, i know that the rumor of the green flame torch is just fan geussing, but rowling also said in an interview that the color of harry's eyes will be important. ok, harry's eyes are green, and also in book 1, he was able to burn quirrel whith his hands. ok, now think about that. harry's eyes are green and able to burn people. maybe harry is the torch.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to Sire and Egan1 for winning UKL awards!!!! You make us all (I hope so? LoL) proud!

ReputationRep:
    I'm too lazy to quote, but...

Dracos_Goddess: I cannot believe they're not putting Sean Biggerstaff back in the 3rd movie. How could they not!?! That's Oliver's last year!!! And quidditch there is very important!!! Arrrrggg!!!!

my fave character is Remus Lupin

and I don't want Harry and Cho together.

I also think that there should be a more handsome Ron in the movie.

and I love the Weasley twins

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dirttaq)
    hey, i know that the rumor of the green flame torch is just fan geussing, but rowling also said in an interview that the color of harry's eyes will be important. ok, harry's eyes are green, and also in book 1, he was able to burn quirrel whith his hands. ok, now think about that. harry's eyes are green and able to burn people. maybe harry is the torch.
    Or maybe the eyes has something to do with a link with Lily. Harry Potter and the Green Flame Torch... sounds a bit corny to me. There was already the Goblet of Fire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Hey guys. On the subject of Dumbledore making himself invisable, your forgetting how much he knows. i'm sure that somewhere in his head he knows an old spell that can make him invisable.

just a small thought to the whole age thing with wizards again, how old can they be. we know Dumbledore is really old, but don't forget the O.W.L exammer who said taht he tested Dumbledore on his N.E.W.Ts
    Dumbledore is over a hundred years old, right? Then the examiner must be... 200 years old or 50 or 70 something years older than Dumbledore.

I know there was a post here somewhere about the Philosopher's stone being taken to be immortal. Yep, seems queer that after taking it, Nicolas Flamel would die as well. I guess it's just for a really really really long life. I think it sucks, though. Because you look old... if you look young while living that really really long life, then that would be cool :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    Congratulations to Sire and Egan1 for winning UKL awards!!!! You make us all (I hope so? LoL) proud!
    Why thankyour ladyblitzer. Congrats to Egan1 for winning a real award though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)

Just what did Dumbledore get in his NEWTs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El_Borish)
    The smart money is on 2776 or Mr White for that one. But I think they're realised how sad it is to have such a high post count now. I mean posting lol and agreed all the time gets a bit boring doesn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, just a couple more thoughts and things I noticed while reading last night:

1. When Quirrel is telling Harry about Voldemort at the end of PS, he calls him Lord Voldemort, rather than The Dark Lord like all the other Death Eaters do, I know its not something spectacular, but was something I spotted and thought I share.

2. Dumbledore doesn't need his wand to do magic. At the end of year feast he claps his hands and the decorations change from Slytherin colours to Gryffindor.

3. Did the Potters have a house elf? Fred and George say that rich old wizarding families own house elves, I think James' family must've been quite rich and left a lot of gold to him which is why Harry is so wealthy, also they appear to be an old wizarding family.

4. There was another one but I can't for the life of me think what it was!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.