Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

(Original post by Egan1)
    Not sure what point you are proving here but you are correct...
    The point I was making was to an earlier post when someone asked if harry's parent's knew about the prophecy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter The Great)
    The point I was making was to an earlier post when someone asked if harry's parent's knew about the prophecy.
    But the fact they had a secret keeper and went into hiding doesn't necessarilly mean that they knew about the prophecy...I think they probably did however- I wonder if they knew all of the details though? And I don't think they were saving Harry for the good of mankind- I think they sacraficed themselves for him because they were his parents- maternal instincts as it were- eg if HP hadn't been some weapon against evil they still would have acted the same way...

(Original post by Egan1)
    But the fact they had a secret keeper and went into hiding doesn't necessarilly mean that they knew about the prophecy...I think they probably did however- I wonder if they knew all of the details though? And I don't think they were saving Harry for the good of mankind- I think they sacraficed themselves for him because they were his parents- maternal instincts as it were- eg if HP hadn't been some weapon against evil they still would have acted the same way...
    I think i get what he had to say. They wouldn't have needed to go into hiding just to protect their son. there were other families who didn't go into hiding. They probably went into hiding to save mankind but gave thier lives to save their son.

ReputationRep:
    I can see this thread still being with us when book 6 comes out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    I can see this thread still being with us when book 6 comes out.
    Indeed...they'll be thousands of predictions- the book'll come out and they'll all be wrong!

ReputationRep:
    I would have never believed it when I started the thread. It took a few days for there to be many replies, and then it sped up. just goes to show how popular Harry Potter is, and all credit to J K Rowling for giving us so much to query about, being so mysterious, and leaving it open for so many theories, most of which will be way off the truth. Long live this thread!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I would have never believed it when I started the thread. It took a few days for there to be many replies, and then it sped up. just goes to show how popular Harry Potter is, and all credit to J K Rowling for giving us so much to write about, and being so mysterious. Long live this thread!
    So you started the thread! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    So you started the thread! :mad:

Yeah. It started off as a thread asking "Will Harry Potter die at the end of book 7" (sorry for anyone who's a little annoyed at the attention for HP!), but as you can see it turned out to be a thread to discuss everything about HP, mainly now with theories (if I was to be honest, that was what I hoped would happen). I was very happy to see that before, the number of viewers had reached almost 5000. Now for some reason this number restarted. But the number of posts is quite high, as is the number of replies for the poll.

ReputationRep:
    It's got to be one of the longest threads the forums seen in a good while...

My sister and the spanish exchange girl are just watching the Chamber of Secrets in the next room *shivers with hatred* -and I just thought- surely we'r going to see the return of Lockheart! What part is he going to play I wonder...
    Oh yeah- he was in book 5 wasn't he- hmmm...I'd forgotten about that!

ReputationRep:
    Ok, just finished book three, and before they get on the train to go home it says that the twins got a handful of OWL's and Percy got his top grade NEWTs, so why do we have to wait til book 6 to find out Hrry's results? A mistake by JKR possibly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Ok, just finished book three, and before they get on the train to go home it says that the twins got a handful of OWL's and Percy got his top grade NEWTs, so why do we have to wait til book 6 to find out Hrry's results? A mistake by JKR possibly?
    Well spotted but the current Government in Harry Potter are having a marking crisis which means that all those who have earned a 'Excellant' ahve been accidentally given a 'Piss-Poor'. But that's what you get if you have a Labour government. How many marking crisises were there under the Tories?

ReputationRep:
    thanks Xenon for starting this thread. i think it was a great idea and just like you, i am shocked at how many replies it has gotten. A job well done!! ô¿ô ö¿ö ò¿ò

ReputationRep:
    I think fluer will take some job at hogwarts or gringotss, but not DADA because as someone pointed out, she wasn't exactly perfect in the tri-quad wizard tournament

ReputationRep:
    where exactly did lockheart get mentioned in book 5?

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    where exactly did lockheart get mentioned in book 5?

CR
    Harry, Ron and Hermoine get pulled into visiting with him when they are at the hospital visiting mr. wesley. They go to get some tea, but lockhart has wandered off and finds them. The nurse makes lockhart go back into his room, and the nurse tells them they can come finish talking to him. That's the room that hade neville's parents in it.

ReputationRep:
    oh yes now i remember *closes book 5*...i was expecting muich more of him in the last book..unfortunatley..thats all we got..

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiriusFan)
    I think fluer will take some job at hogwarts or gringotss, but not DADA because as someone pointed out, she wasn't exactly perfect in the tri-quad wizard tournament

in the 5th book Bill Weasley says he was going to visit Fleur. He said she got a job at gringotts. correct me if i'm wrong but i think that's how it was in the book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    oh yes now i remember *closes book 5*...i was expecting muich more of him in the last book..unfortunatley..thats all we got..

CR
    But, what more of a role could Lockhart have played. I mean he's a funny and stupid character and stuff, but he's a lousy wizard, and now he doen't know much about being a wizard at all. I mean he's not good enough to be in the order and I can't see Voldie taking him. I don't see much of a role for Lockhart. Can someone come up with a part which Lockhart could play, if J K Rowling were ever to use him again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    But, what more of a role could Lockhart have played. I mean he's a funny and stupid character and stuff, but he's a lousy wizard, and now he doen't know much about being a wizard at all. I mean he's not good enough to be in the order and I can't see Voldie taking him. I don't see much of a role for Lockhart. Can someone come up with a part which Lockhart could play, if J K Rowling were ever to use him again?
    Good point. Who would want lockhart? I have an odd feeling he will play a role, even though i dont know which one

Hey i have a question. what are these reputation point things?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiriusFan)
    Good point. Who would want lockhart? I have an ood feeling he will play a role, even though i dont know which one

Hey i have a question. what are these reputation point things?
    I also have similar feeling about Lockhart...
    As for the reputation thing there are several things about it but I may as well just sum it up here as I have little else better to do-
    'Reputations'- a point scheme that is set up for registered users. Basically when a registered user writes a post another registered user can award that person a reputation point if they think they have made a good point or a witty comment or whatever, they can also give negative reputations if they dissprove of a post- these points are then added to their (the post-writers) score- or if they are a bad (red) reputation points are deducted from that users reputation-...you give repuations by clicking on the shouting man button below posts- only registered users can give and receive I believe...also when a repuatation is being given, the giver can write a comment that the person they are awarding will be able to see, along side the name of the thread from which the reputation is given- you can view your own reputation points by clicking on the 'user cp' button at the top of the page...and if you want to view the order of people's reputations go into the members section and click on the 'Reputation' heading topping the second column in from the right...*have I missed anything? I am half asleep so this may need clearer explanation*

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.