Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Hooray, the threads been unlocked!

Had a couple of points to make, but can only remember one in all the excitement of trying to get the thread re-opened! (lots of rep coming my way if you think I did a good job, lol!)

I was trying to work out where abouts in Britain Godric's Hollow was, purely out of curiosity rather than thinking it'll be of any use. Anyway, I figured that as Hagrid said that Harry fell asleep over Bristol when he was taking him to the Dursley's in the first place, I figured that Godric's Hollow must be in Devon or Cornwall (the "foot" at the bottom of the UK for all any one who doesn't know the UK very well) for Bristol to be on the way to Surrey (as the crow flies). Don't know if this is of any use, but I found it kinda interesting. I also thought that Ottery St Catchpole would be in somewhere like Cornwall, purely because places in Cornwall have names like that!
    that could be of use actually.....maybe voldemort had been on his way to nevielles when he passed harrys house and obliterated him there...mmmm!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    that could be of use actually.....maybe voldemort had been on his way to nevielles when he passed harrys house and obliterated him there...mmmm!
    Where does Neville live though?

ReputationRep:
    Where does Neville live though?
    we dont know, and thats why knowing where HARRY lived could be useful!

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I understand, thought I was just being thick and had missed something!

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I understand, thought I was just being thick and had missed something!
    sometimes with harry potter we are all thick, happens to be a way of life!

ReputationRep:
    Bump! For the fans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Verno)
    Ok.. I just finished re-readin COS and there was supposedly a big hint in it?

Well for those who want to know what it is turn to pages 133-134.

And for those who dont want to know.. dont read those pages.
    Was it concerning the date? Do you think that person has something to do with Voldie?

ReputationRep:
    but we know where Harry lived. Godric's Hollow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Maybe Harry, Ron and Hermione could go on a little trip this summer on their own and find Godric's Hollow. But you know Godric's Hollow really hasn't been mentioned much in any book other than the first. Or has it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    well we knew WHERE he lived, but we didnt know the LOCATION, which is a different thing entirely!

ReputationRep:
    well we knew WHERE he lived, but we didnt know the LOCATION, which is a different thing entirely!
    Like I said, don't know if it'll be of any help, it was just something I'd bee thinking about.

Another thing I was wondering about when I wasreading last night, does anyone else think that Mr Borgin (guy in the shop in Knockturn Alley (Oh, I get it, nocturnally! lol!)) will reappear? Don't know why but I just have a feeling we haven't seen the last of him.

ReputationRep:
    does n e one no when the next harry potter movie is cumin out u no the third one?

ReputationRep:
    Hooray, the threads been unlocked!

Had a couple of points to make, but can only remember one in all the excitement of trying to get the thread re-opened! (lots of rep coming my way if you think I did a good job, lol!)
    What did I miss?

Like I said, don't know if it'll be of any help, it was just something I'd bee thinking about.

Another thing I was wondering about when I wasreading last night, does anyone else think that Mr Borgin (guy in the shop in Knockturn Alley (Oh, I get it, nocturnally! lol!)) will reappear? Don't know why but I just have a feeling we haven't seen the last of him.
    Yes, it seems most characters, even with a brief mention, reappear later on. I could imagine him sneaking in at some point.

---

Hmm...not to sure about the subforum. It's getting more complex to check up on things now. -I hardly ever go on the academic forum anymore, not that I was that useful but sometimes I knew something to help with. It's the same with the uni forums etc. Ah well, c'est la vie.

ReputationRep:
    hey all, sorry i didn't post, i was really busy, then went on vaca, but i am back now....

flamel was over 600 maybe 630 or sumthing... we never really found out if he died yet, but i guess he did...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    *snorts with laughter*. There's probably some fanart out there putting that disturbing thought into traumatising imigary.
    Yeah- so we assume. As I said a while ago, the goat smell thing was a big hint in that direction.

Maybe Dumbledore is a bit of a perve.

Yes, American chocolate is decidedly inferior. It must be hard.
    hey whats with this american stuff is not as good as UK stuff? u think ur title is better, u think ur chocolate is better... well i think our title and chocolate are better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    *sobs*

Just wrote a nice long reply and got some uk-l error sign up, clicked back and it was all gone...damn this thing!

Basically said (in a more inflated manner and probably with a lot more said)
    to JSM- I read the first book in 1997 when my Mum randomly bought it home. Not that when people first read it really matters.

to Padfoot- 'Remember at the end of the second movie...' "Hogwarts is no place without you Hagrid" *stabs self in eyes*

'...when dumbledore says he hopes no more of volde's old relics come back to hogwarts, that brings up a good point. Volde must have tons of dark magic relics. What othre types of things do you guys think he has?'
    Interesting point, hadn't really considered. Don't think it's the type of fantasy where wizards have staffs. And an epic sword battle (as much as I love swords) would be a wee bit cheesy. Something to ponder me thinks.

If this doesn't post I am going to be extremely put out!

Bah!

Egan

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AHHHHHHHHHHHH i hate that scene sooooooooo much.... then a big hug and the whole hall claps.... gag vomit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    hey whats with this american stuff is not as good as UK stuff? u think ur title is better, u think ur chocolate is better... well i think our title and chocolate are better
    thats right. our title of the first book made more sence. and we have real chocoalate. remember taht episode of the Osbornes when Ozzy wants some English chocolate (e.g. Milky Bar) and there is only one store that sells it.

ReputationRep:
    hey has anyone read Barry Trotter and the Shameless Parody?

ReputationRep:
    Nicholas Flamel was 665.. which was 1 short of 666 which is the devils number or something?

ReputationRep:
    Pah!
    1.- as I've said, our title is accurate! *restrains rant*
    2.- seeing as you probably have not had the chance to sample our delicious products I'll forgive you for that foolish mistake :P I can assure you, having eatan both, ours is clearly far tastier. Though I suppose having grown up with your "chocolate" *mocking 'quote' hand gesture* you might have some fondness for it's (lacking) flavour. :P

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AHHHHHHHHHHHH i hate that scene sooooooooo much.... then a big hug and the whole hall claps.... gag vomit
    There there *pats*, one day...one day we'll be able to rid ourselves of the trauma. Perhaps in 30 years time they'll remake the films and mercilessly not do a repeat of the horror.

(Original post by 4Ed)
    hey has anyone read Barry Trotter and the Shameless Parody?
    I haven't. Well, we have a copy, and I think I read a couple of pages, can't really recall.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.