Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    i don't think so. Sirius is related to the Weasleys, though. Just don't remember how... *sniff* Siiirriiooouusss!!!
    he is related to them, but Arthur is like Sirius third cousin or cousin by marriage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    he is related to them, but Arthur is like Sirius third cousin or cousin by marriage.
    Harry could well be related to Ron tho, they say that most pure blood wizards are related, and if James was pure blood chances are he was some how related

ReputationRep:
    Hey, not a gr8 harry potter fan, more of a lord of the rings kinda girl but just wanted 2 be part of this massive thread, woohoo!!! x

ReputationRep:
    Good gracious- just read two weeks worth of posts-

1) HP #3 movie comes out June 4th

2) I've had alot of English chocolate and I do prefer Hershey's Milk Chocolate- although those Cadbury bars that are flaky chocolate are quite good- however, it all falls to Tobelerone

3) I don't think there is much behind the Drooble's Best Chewing Gum incidents- if there were, Neville wouldn't be quite so downtrodden- he would have this secret happy thought

4) There was more but I'm falling asleep over my keyboard..... zzzzzzz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    Good gracious- just read two weeks worth of posts-

1) HP #3 movie comes out June 4th

2) I've had alot of English chocolate and I do prefer Hershey's Milk Chocolate- although those Cadbury bars that are flaky chocolate are quite good- however, it all falls to Tobelerone
    have u tried Milky Bars. they are ssssssoooo nice.

ReputationRep:
    I just finished re-reading the Goblet of Fire and noticed something that escaped me before. When volde is explaining to the deatheaters how he came back he goes into a really vast rendition of his fall of power and then how he comes back to his body.

well, He talks about dumbledore using old magic in concealing harry and even says that when harry is with his relations he can not be touched/found something on those lines.

Maybe harry wasnt listening cause he was in so much pain, but i would think he would have caught this little tidbit and had realized to some extent why he had to go and stay with the dursleys every summer. He didnt need anyone to explain it to him like dumbledore finally does in order of the phoenix cause voldemort goes into great detail in the graveyard.

Anyway, I just thought this was a little odd, maybe a mistake on jk's part i dont know but the way dumbledore was telling harry about it in book 5 made it seem that voldemort had no idea about the protection he had when he was with his family, but really voldemort knows the whole thing.

And in knowing that, why cant voldemort find him?? I dont quite understand that. Especially if people like umbridge can send demontors after him, if it were wizards who wanted to harm harry that couldnt find him there, why was she able to do that???

ReputationRep:
    but umbridge didn't send the dementors to his house- they were wandering in a nearby park, remember? thats why they kept telling him to stay in the house where he'd be safe-

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah- I htink that was smart on the pickup on Volide knowing about the protection- maybe Dumbledore doesn't KNOW Voldie knows-

ReputationRep:
    If Voldemort can't die because there's some of him in Harry from when he tried to kill him, if Voldemort is going to die at the end of the last book, which, knowing JK Rowling, he probably will, then Harry will have to die, because there's some of Voldemort in him. It's like Sauron and the One Ring - there's some of Sauron in the Ring, so Sauron can't die if the Ring is still around. One of Harry/Voldemort can't die without the other. Did that make sense?!

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure if this has been mentioned on this thread, if it has I apologise, but has anyone considered the role house elves will play in the next 2 books.

During COS it is mentioned that house elves possess their own 'kind' of powerful magic, this is demonstrated at the end of the book when Dobby protects Harry from Lucius Malfoy (who you would expect to be a fairly powerful wizard). I think JKR is showing us what house elves are capable of so she can realistically involve them in the fight against Voldemort.

Also, throughout books 4 & 5, the only people who show compassion towards them are Hermione and Dumbledore with everybody else dismissing them as slaves (who have nothing useful to offer), because of this it is easy to forget the power they have and JKR could use them as a 'suprise' force to help the OOTP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prophet)
    Im not sure if this has been mentioned on this thread, if it has I apologise, but has anyone considered the role house elves will play in the next 2 books.

During COS it is mentioned that house elves possess their own 'kind' of powerful magic, this is demonstrated at the end of the book when Dobby protects Harry from Lucius Malfoy (who you would expect to be a fairly powerful wizard). I think JKR is showing us what house elves are capable of so she can realistically involve them in the fight against Voldemort.

Also, throughout books 4 & 5, the only people who show compassion towards them are Hermione and Dumbledore with everybody else dismissing them as slaves (who have nothing useful to offer), because of this it is easy to forget the power they have and JKR could use them as a 'suprise' force to help the OOTP.
    Thats a good point, and the house elves would happily fight, they all love Harry, although I doubt they're all as crazy as Dobby!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Thats a good point, and the house elves would happily fight, they all love Harry, although I doubt they're all as crazy as Dobby!
    *speaks in dobbys voice*

offend dobby

he is one ugly house elf which i just wanna strangle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    If Voldemort can't die because there's some of him in Harry from when he tried to kill him, if Voldemort is going to die at the end of the last book, which, knowing JK Rowling, he probably will, then Harry will have to die, because there's some of Voldemort in him. It's like Sauron and the One Ring - there's some of Sauron in the Ring, so Sauron can't die if the Ring is still around. One of Harry/Voldemort can't die without the other. Did that make sense?!
    that is why there is a rumour going around that harry will die in the seventh book.

ReputationRep:
    I've just seen this thread, its huge. Do you not realise that there are many BETTER books than HP out there. Do you all want to be 30, with the vocabulary of a 10 year old???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ensocopier)
    I've just seen this thread, its huge. Do you not realise that there are many BETTER books than HP out there. Do you all want to be 30, with the vocabulary of a 10 year old???
    no

ReputationRep:
    I'm aware that there are better books, I've read some, Just because I enjoy Harry Potter it doesn't mean that I don't also enjoy reading other books, its just that theres currently alot more to discuss about Harry Potter due to the speculation about the ending, and the clues which have been carefully hidden through out the books. As I've said before and I'm sure I'll say it again, if you don't like Harry Potter, why bother coming on this thread, the subject matter is quite clear.

ReputationRep:
    We just read it to remind us how good the rest of the stuff we read is!

ReputationRep:
    agrees

ReputationRep:
    no, i which to be left alone, away from your needless slander.

ReputationRep:
    In total, how many death eaters do u think there really are??

Now that we know volde is back, do you think his reign of terror will begin, or will he hide low for a while?

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.