The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** Watch

This discussion is closed.
Brooklyn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Does anyone have that URL to the texts online? I'll look it up-
Brooklyn
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
well, found the url, but must have been closed down- I believe its when they are alone in the lobby of the MoM- does anyone have a copy? If not I'll look it up when I get home and post tommorrow-
Magic101
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
he isn't playing him. they just thought they did.
ohh ok good. that makes me feel better cuz if he was playing him it would ruin the movie for me.
Magic101
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
A long while back, didn't someone send something about this thread to the guiness book of world records? Or am i just very confused? Did something like that happen?
you are not confused. someone (i cant remember who it was) said that they had sent this thread to the guiness book of world records. i dont know if they ever got a response back from them. possibly they are still reading through the soooo many pages of this thread. haha! i doubt it tho but it would be awesome if we were put in the books and all our member names were listed as well.
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Brooklyn)
Does anyone have that URL to the texts online? I'll look it up-

I had that site on favourites, and now it's not on anymore! :mad:
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Magic101)
you are not confused. someone (i cant remember who it was) said that they had sent this thread to the guiness book of world records. i dont know if they ever got a response back from them. possibly they are still reading through the soooo many pages of this thread. haha! i doubt it tho but it would be awesome if we were put in the books and all our member names were listed as well.
Damn...I replied to this when you posted but got the 'Sever is too busy' thing. Ah well.

-Basically, there are probably a lot of major HP fan sites and forums, possibly with thousands of members and threads - probably some many times the length of this one. Though I suppose, as the whole place is dedicated to the topics the posts are probably spread out, rather than compacted on to one mass thread like this one.
Dude
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Egan1)
Damn...I replied to this when you posted but got the 'Sever is too busy' thing. Ah well.

-Basically, there are probably a lot of major HP fan sites and forums, possibly with thousands of members and threads - probably some many times the length of this one. Though I suppose, as the whole place is dedicated to the topics the posts are probably spread out, rather than compacted on to one mass thread like this one.
thats true. when ever they create a site about one thing only (in this case Harry Potter), they tend to spread out the topics. They would have things like.

Your Thoughts on Future Books
Favorite Character
Which house would you be in. etc etc.

And when you add all these posts up, they will be much larger than this one.
Dude
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ok- in one scene in book five Bellatrix (pretty sure it was her) said "The Dark Lord will be so pleased I brought him the last Potter"- insinuating that Voldie was after the Potter's specifically- as in the Potter family- all of them, not just James and Harry- he must have wiped out all the other Potters already, which would explain why Harry doesn't have any relatives on that side- Lily just married a Potter, she isn't one by birth, which means Voldie wouldn't have been after her specifically, just the "true" Potters- James and Harry- it also explains why when he heard the prophecy, he didn't go kill the pure blood kid (Neville)- he went after Harry, whose mother was muggle born- (Dumbledore pointed that out) he thinks there is something special about being a Potter-
follow me?
i don't remember that being in the book. i'll look it up when i get home.
ladyblitzer
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
i totally disagree. The reason they were talking in hused voices is so the muggles didn't discover them. Like Hagrid said, it's better if muggles dont find out alot of their secrets. They just didn't want to be discovered.
i thought so too. and it's quite funny, even though they don't want to be discovered, all their unusualities kept showing up coz they're celebrating baby Harry's "victory" over Voldie
Brooklyn
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Completely forgot to look it up- was too busy steaming at the betrayal of a former favorite baseball player- did anyone else get a chance? Or find someplace else to look up the online text?

I was the one who submitted us to the Guiness Book- the online posting choices- but the automatic message says they can take up to 6 months to check it out (up to 8 for online claims) and then, they'll only let you know if you make it into that years records- they dont send out "I'm sorry" emails- so either I'll get an email in a few months saying "congratulations!" or, I'll never hear from them again- I'll be sure to apply again when we hit some new spectacular number of posts-
Brooklyn
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
goodness- I've been the post killer lately!

I just read a fanfic about what would happen if Dumbledore dies- what do you think would happen? I get the feeling the whole world would come crashing down at once-
Xenon
Rep:
?
goodness- I've been the post killer lately!

I just read a fanfic about what would happen if Dumbledore dies- what do you think would happen? I get the feeling the whole world would come crashing down at once-
It depends on whether or not J K Rowling wants him to die or not (I think he might), and when he would die. It might be in the final battle between the deatheaters and the order, though I doubt that the deatheaters could defeat him. Maybe he will die trying to protect Harry, though dunno if that has been done before too much, Dumbledore saving Harry.
Brooklyn
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ok- if everyone has a "partner" on the other side- there are a few holes- I think we have a serious shortage of evil women here-

Harry- Voldie?

Dumbledore- ?

Ron- Malfoy

Arthur- Lucius

Hermione- Crabbe/Goyle?

Neville- Bellatrix

Ginny- ? (wasn't that kid with Malfoy at the end of OotP her year?)

Lupin- Pettigrew

Molly- Narcissa

Sirius- Snape?
Xenon
Rep:
?
ok- if everyone has a "partner" on the other side- there are a few holes- I think we have a serious shortage of evil women here-
?
What about some of those slytherin girls, who are often rude and make fun of Hermione? Always siding with Draco and stuff. They would be Hermione's enemies!
Magic101
Report 14 years ago
yea i think there would be caos (errr i cant spell that stupid word). especially if dumbledore were to die right before the start of the war and then they wouldn't know how to go about the whole thing.

i used to think that dumbledore would die in the last book but now i have changed my mind. part of me says that he will survive but part of me says that he will die. hmmm....i dunno. i'll just have to wait for the books to hear (or rather see/read i guess) about what happens.
Svivafia
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
how many of you read fanfiction- and if you do, what are your favorite ships?

I read fanfic, and my fav ship is L/J and D/G~*~*
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dracos_Goddess)

My mum is seriously addicted to fanfic! Lots of slash I hear.

I haven't read any, but I do go on the occasional hunt for good fanart.
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dracos_Goddess)

I read some fanfics, though I prefer the adventure and general stories!
Magic101
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
I read some fanfics, though I prefer the adventure and general stories!
i dont really read fanfic. the only fanfic i read is Third Watch fanfic. i tried reading some HP ones but i didnt like them. i guess it's because i only want to read what jk writes and the real stories. but w/ third watch it is a tv show so the episodes always change and aren't really connected together. i think it makes me like those fanfics better than HP. but like i said, i dont read Harry Potter fanfics.
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Magic101)
i dont really read fanfic. the only fanfic i read is Third Watch fanfic. i tried reading some HP ones but i didnt like them. i guess it's because i only want to read what jk writes and the real stories. but w/ third watch it is a tv show so the episodes always change and aren't really connected together. i think it makes me like those fanfics better than HP. but like i said, i dont read Harry Potter fanfics.
The fanfics sometimes give you views of other people on what they think will happen in future books.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (200)
18.8%
No (646)
60.71%
Not really bothered about them (218)
20.49%

Watched Threads