The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Egan1
I also have similar feeling about Lockhart...
As for the reputation thing there are several things about it but I may as well just sum it up here as I have little else better to do-
'Reputations'- a point scheme that is set up for registered users. Basically when a registered user writes a post another registered user can award that person a reputation point if they think they have made a good point or a witty comment or whatever, they can also give negative reputations if they dissprove of a post- these points are then added to their (the post-writers) score- or if they are a bad (red) reputation points are deducted from that users reputation-...you give repuations by clicking on the shouting man button below posts- only registered users can give and receive I believe...also when a repuatation is being given, the giver can write a comment that the person they are awarding will be able to see, along side the name of the thread from which the reputation is given- you can view your own reputation points by clicking on the 'user cp' button at the top of the page...and if you want to view the order of people's reputations go into the members section and click on the 'Reputation' heading topping the second column in from the right...*have I missed anything? I am half asleep so this may need clearer explanation*

couldn't have explained it better my self..

CR
Reply 501
ooo so thats what they are. Thanx
Reply 502
SiriusFan
ooo so thats what they are. Thanx

No probs...
Just been listening to number 3...do people think Harry will become an animagus? And what animal would he ron and hermione turn into?
Reply 503
i think...actually harder than i thought this would be...i'll get back to you

CR
Reply 504
I think that it's a bit too late for J K Rowling to make them animagus. Didn't it take the Muaraders 2 years or something to become animagus, and they were supposed to be pretty bright too. If it were to take the three 2 years, it would be the end of the series.
However, if they were animagi, I reckon that Hermione could be an owl, and Ron a SPIDER, or maybe not. However, definitely NOT a rat. harry should be a phoenix!
Reply 505
Xenon
harry should be a phoenix!

yes! thats what i wanted to say but i always forget...that would be great if they could become animagi..but i doubt it will happen

CR
Reply 506
Xenon
harry should be a phoenix!

That was one of my ideas also...although I thought it's not a very good disguise as pheonixs are quite rare...would bring another meaning to 'The order of teh pheonix' though
Reply 507
I have a feeling all three will become animagi. I know it seems late in the series, but she mentions them alot. I think lupin will teach them (or harry at least) because he would say james would have wanted it. As to which animal, i think harry will become something very loyal and full of love (to beat voldemort) maybe a a phoenix as mentioned earlier. Ron could become a weasel as they hate snakes (nagini) don't they? And hermoine could become a unicorn, because 1. she thinks they are beutiful, and 2. they are very magical like hermione.

I have a very odd feeling about dumbledore after thinking about 1,4 and 5. In book 1, he keeps giving harry the cloak back with notes like "just incase" it was pretty obvious he wanted harry to do something inportant with it, and then he did and it nearly got him killed. JKR seemed to change they way she portrayed dumbledore after the first book. In that book he says nonsense words for his speech, then he nearly gets harry killed. (if he did not give harry the cloak, it would have been ALOT harder to sneak out, nevermind a dangerous place. But in the next books he is much more down to earth. Then in book 4 there is that gleam in his eyes we have talked so much about, but none of the explainations really make sense to me. He was already human without harry's blood. Then, in book 5 he says " We entered your third year. I watched from afar as as you struggled to repel the dementors, as you found Sirius, learned what he was and rescued him". Why on earth was Dumbledore watching from afar, when he knew what demenotrs could do. Does that sound like some one who loves harry? That seems VERY VERY odd.
Reply 508
I have a feeling all three will become animagi. I know it seems late in the series, but she mentions them alot. I think lupin will teach them (or harry at least) because he would say james would have wanted it. As to which animal, i think harry will become something very loyal and full of love (to beat voldemort) maybe a a phoenix as mentioned earlier. Ron could become a weasel as they hate snakes (nagini) don't they? And hermoine could become a unicorn, because 1. she thinks they are beutiful, and 2. they are very magical like hermione.

very loyal and full of love? like a rabbit?
rachelina*
Wasn't that Beatrix lady AWFUL? When I was reading the battle scene I was just WAITING for her to die. I think she may actually play a bigger part in either book 6 or 7. JK Rowling seemed to be building her up.
Which couple is better? Harry and Cho or Harry and Ginny? I want Ginny and Harry to get together! [I'm like this with TV Shows as well, I want the Nick and Sarah ppl in CSI to get together]
Ooh and who thinks Ron has a crush on Hermonie?

lmfao why are you people so obssesed over control other peoples love life
Reply 510
Lord Huntroyde
very loyal and full of love? like a rabbit?

No, that's not really what i was shooting for.
Reply 511
SiriusFan
No, that's not really what i was shooting for.

But wabbits are loyal and full of love. And they are also fluffy.
Reply 512
Lord Huntroyde
But wabbits are loyal and full of love. And they are also fluffy.

I never siad he should be fluffy. He should be a phoenix. They are a little more exciting then "wabbits"
Reply 513
SiriusFan
I never siad he should be fluffy. He should be a phoenix. They are a little more exciting then "wabbits"

Pheonixes could be fluffy is properly groomed.
Reply 514
Lord Huntroyde
Pheonixes could be fluffy is properly groomed.

And who would "groom" him? I dont think jkr would have him care if he was fluffy or not
Reply 515
SiriusFan
And who would "groom" him? I dont think jkr would have him care if he was fluffy or not

If he was clever he would groom himself. But Dumbledore could, he has experience with Pheonixes.
Reply 516
SiriusFan
Then, in book 5 he says " We entered your third year. I watched from afar as as you struggled to repel the dementors, as you found Sirius, learned what he was and rescued him". Why on earth was Dumbledore watching from afar, when he knew what demenotrs could do. Does that sound like some one who loves harry? That seems VERY VERY odd.

i think he basically sees everything..but he didn't want to do anything because harry was still learning and maybe he thought he should learn on his own..and not LWAYS HAVE DUMBLEDORE TO HELP HIM

CR
CR3
i think he basically sees everything..but he didn't want to do anything because harry was still learning and maybe he thought he should learn on his own..and not LWAYS HAVE DUMBLEDORE TO HELP HIM

CR

He wanted harry to learn on his own, even if it meant killing innocent people? I know he needs to do things on his own, but i think dumbledore should have helped, i mean it's a man without a wand and a 3rd year student against a hundred dememtors seems like very risky time to have harry learn on his own. In learning on his own, harry could have had his soul sucked out! That's what makes me suspiscous of dumbledore
Reply 518
Unregistered
He wanted harry to learn on his own, even if it meant killing innocent people? I know he needs to do things on his own, but i think dumbledore should have helped, i mean it's a man without a wand and a 3rd year student against a hundred dememtors seems like very risky time to have harry learn on his own. In learning on his own, harry could have had his soul sucked out! That's what makes me suspiscous of dumbledore

how many innocent lives was he risking...only harry's..and not to mention harry got himself into it..dumbledore shouldn't be always by his side...thats what he had to let harry know..

CR
Reply 519
CR3

CR

In the end, it will probably be Harry facing Voldemort on his own. I mean, Dumbledore cannot defeat Voldemort. Dumbledore is giving Harry the chance to have first hand experience against Voldemort. I mean not giving Harry a chance to face Voldie himself would be like getting Neville to try and defeat Voldie. Harry now knows an awful lot more about himself. I think that Dumbledore does feel guilty if anything does happen to Harry, especially Harry's probably been in the hospital wing more ofetn than many others, with more serious injuries. Came on Harry has the fate of the whole world resting on his shoulders, not anyone elses. Dumbledore tries to help him out sometimes indescretely, but he wants Harry to learn how to survive. True thoug, maybe Dumbledore does make some mistakes.

Latest

Trending

Trending